Forums

Help › Forums

Frustrated Legends!

Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:28 PM (41 replies)
  • oldtwofeathers
    67 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 2:53 AM

Hi all,

This is for all of the frustrated "Legends" who level up too early to acquire the top level kit! I made it at level 84, I´m only at level 87 now, due to work commitments and subsequent lapses in playing time! 

For some who have written, it seems like the game is over for them! Playing off the back tees, watching lesser rated players flying past them from the tee etc, has to knock confidence levels and is disheartening for sure!

But think of this :-

To get to where you have in say "Mid Eighties" level, you know your game, short and long, you can putt on the Legend rated tourney greens (which according to reliable sources are even faster than Tour Master rated tourneys)

Now busting 62 to get here in the first place is an achievement, no doubt about that! No one can take that away from you for sure! But now, unless you are gunning for Tour Legend, let that score go, kiss goodbye, adios etc!

You will start to enjoy the game again, I promise! Yeah sure you will come up against some great hitters, at all levels, but you HAVE IT on the greens, you know that is your most powerful tool of all!

While the others are trying to adjust, you are winning holes with pars and regularly coming in at two or three under overall, through nine holes that is! Matchplay becomes more like a game of chess, you can see and feel your opponent unravel as their putting goes west!

Same in stroke-play, after all of the brave starts and fluke birdies are out of the way, you know that your opponents have to putt their way through every hole, you can even make side bets as to who will quit first, who will still be with you etc 

That has to be both entertaining and enjoyable don't it? Which is why we play this game in the first place I hope!

Happy golfing and don't lose heart, just sit back, relax, let your opponents make the mistakes and ENJOY!

Peace

OldTwoFeathers

• Talluin
    257 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:00 PM

I couldn't agree more!

• indianlove
    98 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:15 PM

+1

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:37 PM

Disagree that any one similar should feel the need to share many negatives these days. I think once the challenge is embraced it can be a very enjoyable journey now.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/193730.aspx?PageIndex=1

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 11:44 PM

huh?

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:20 AM

That's why we must keep telling wgt to make the New Max Wedges available to all Legends instead of levels. because it's impossible to play if you legend before level 79/90

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:07 AM

DynamiteTommy:

That's why we must keep telling wgt to make the New Max Wedges available to all Legends instead of levels. because it's impossible to play if you legend before level 79/90

Impossible to play? You do exaggerate just a little.

• HWei
    534 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:35 AM

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:39 AM

Why are you concerned that they should be available to all legends, at the moment your a TM!!

l 'm sure l rented these during the last free weekend and to be honest they were crap, absolutely hated them...

IMO anything MAX is well.............

DynamiteTommy:

RSS