Help › Forums

Frustrated Legends!

Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:28 PM (41 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 2:56 AM

neilecramer:

Tell me again how it gets better Jim!

I agree 100% with Jim, great clubs are out there now. Many of us had low level G20s or worse, now the choice is good, possibly too good and that will tier players up faster (the business plan works lol).

As a new legend,give it time Neil, the longer approaches do take time to adjust too, especially when some longer irons will not stick the greens,but it is still possible to score well with practice. But do not forget why you started to play the game - for enjoyment.

If you feel you can't compete, just play with friends for fun to level up, from the 70s it does not take long to get to level 80.

• DannyMcFly
    100 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 3:14 AM

I've made Legend on level 70+, with whole set of G20's lvl59 and lower level clevelands. Not a big deal and I was over the moon that i did that. Just waited to lvl79 for bladez and lvl81 for driver (and this combination is good enough to compete) played mostly practice rounds, matches and alt's in CC and adjusting to new tees. When i bought those clubs I couldn't compete anyway in ready go's and other tournaments. First what i did, was learning my clubs and slowly improved. Now situation is a bit different because avaliable clubs on lower levels are better. I think is possible to play with G20 lvl59 irons and X-Hot Callaway driver from the tips on some courses. And it's not like clubs are far away, with dedication (and f18 par-3), couple of days to made L80+.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 6:53 AM

I'm not sure I have ever seen a Legend at lvl 30, i just did a quick spreadsheet and the lowest level legend currently showing on the 1st 5 pages (250 players) is a level 54, which is still incredibly low for a Legend.  The average of the 250 on the list is 91.44 and 26% of the 250 legends on the first 5 pages are below level 90.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:41 AM

phiber:

I'm not sure I have ever seen a Legend at lvl 30, i just did a quick spreadsheet and the lowest level legend currently showing on the 1st 5 pages (250 players) is a level 54, which is still incredibly low for a Legend.  The average of the 250 on the list is 91.44 and 26% of the 250 legends on the first 5 pages are below level 90.

Just think Leo, I wonder what those stats would look like if people still had to tier up via ranked games and lowering ones average. WGT has made a joke out of tiering up IMO.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 7:44 AM

Jimbog1964:

DynamiteTommy:
    I feel bad for those who make legend and tour master at level 30

You have the better of me.  Please name a couple of these prodigiously talented souls.

That's not a tough one Jimbo ... I left as a Master in 2010(the highest tier at the time) with 987 ranked rounds and a score average of 61.66 ... when I came back in 2012, I found myself promoted to Legend, assigned to the Championship tees and having to start at level 30. Look at the all-time career earnings leaderboard and find the player named Tibbets. He retired a couple months before I quit, and if he returned, he would face the same situation. I'm certain that we were not the only two that had to start at such a low level , but you only asked for a couple so ... 

Granted, not many people make Legend at level 30 anymore that I'm aware of ...

And I'm far and away not considering myself prodigiously talented.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:17 AM

donsprintr:
    I left as a Master in 2010(the highest tier at the time) with 987 ranked rounds and a score average of 61.66 ... when I came back in 2012,

DT in theory only joined us June 2013 

donsprintr:

Granted, not many people make Legend at level 30 anymore that I'm aware of ...

And I'm far and away not considering myself prodigiously talented.

Granted LOL.  I was not accounting for that anomaly, and I doubt it was thought of.  It's now so easy to get to L30. I would not have blamed some one like you letting WGT know you intended to restart bearing in mind the special circumstances, whilst obviously agreeing to the set terms, and working through again per the rules.  Your decision was to go with it, and fair enough your decision, and I would probably done the same. 

I very much doubt DT had that in mind bearing in mind he only (in theory cough) joined us June this year.  Your point of order accepted, but in the context of the statement made I think I am still OK :)

DynamiteTommy:
    I feel bad for those who make legend and tour master at level 30

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 3:00 PM

Just think Leo, I wonder what those stats would look like if people still had to tier up via ranked games and lowering ones average. WGT has made a joke out of tiering up IMO.
    I did it that way, never played a match, made it at 79 and my stats ain't all that bad, or my game! So did n'creamer I think and he made it at 70...I'm sure there are plenty of others who did it your way!

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:00 AM

I for one am one of those prestigious talented people. And I've ran into a couple others that were legends at level 50.   I just strayed away from it because of the clubs, which was my entire point that you people seem to not understand... 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2013 9:43 AM

DynamiteTommy:
    I for one am one of those prestigious talented people.

Of course you are!!

RSS