Forums

Help › Forums

Frustrated Legends!

Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:28 PM (41 replies)
  • Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:44 PM

Exactly, the game is what you make it, tortoise & hare come to mind ;-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 6:57 PM

The problem is that, you don't know that you don't know. You should have been here back in the day when Beth Black first opened and the only clubs available were the free ones along with free balls. You could not reach most fairways or greens. It certainly developed many steller short games and some very low scores.

~SP~

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:03 PM

I 1st came here in 08 when you didn't even have a driver just a 3w and the meter looked like a strob light...lol.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:06 PM

fatdan:

... further/farther (trying to cover my a$ in case the spelling nit reads this) ....

my bold

As a facilitator of learning in the English language, may I say your spelling is fine. The usage depends on whether you are speaking / writing American or British English but for now I'll assume you are using American English.

In American English when used as adverbs both words can be used interchangeably

e.g.

“How much farther do we have to go?”

“It’s just a mile further.”

“How much further do you want to take this argument?”

“I’ve taken it farther than I want to already.”

However when used as an adjective we are supposed to differentiate between literal distance (farther) and figurative distance (further).

e.g. “My house is the farther of the two.”

“She needs no further introduction.”

For ease of use I advise my students to stick to

literally = farther 

figurative = further

However language is an evolving entity and things have, do and likely will change.

I hope you enjoyed the free lesson, (no charge ;-)  ) and take it in the light-hearted manner it was intended.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:56 PM

Good post Tony. It couldn't be more true.

WGT has spoiled new players with all kinds of club options as they come up through the tiers and levels.

If a player is unable to score well with starters in the beginning, better and better clubs will most likely not make a difference if a player ultimately struggles with aiming approach shots and taming green speeds.

JMO

• ladysting
    78 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:51 PM

DynamiteTommy:

That's why we must keep telling wgt to make the New Max Wedges available to all Legends instead of levels. because it's impossible to play if you legend before level 79/90

a definite bagger hit 59 om merion a a pro

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 1:17 AM

DynamiteTommy:
    I feel bad for those who make legend and tour master at level 30

You have the better of me.  Please name a couple of these prodigiously talented souls.

DynamiteTommy:
    it's a tough thing and you have to go against people with nice club sets and easier shot approaches.

At level 30 ef yeah off the grown up tees lol...........You are L82 LOL, and the Pro Shop is brimming with stuff you could compete with, whilst really learning the tips. The R11 is round the corner to and etc

DynamiteTommy:
    That's why we must keep telling wgt to make the New Max Wedges available to all Legends instead of levels.

You do talk silly.  The R11 irons are the best, and the Bladez almost as good.  Threads available on the new HL Max set. EDIT: And BTW do you seriously think WGT will open up everything to any new L63 Legend?  (clue they are a FOR PROFIT BUSINESS)

DynamiteTommy:
    because it's impossible to play if you legend before level 79/90

As said you are L82...Loads stuff that other's play very well with - utter rot!

DynamiteTommy:
    It's not a tough science to comprehend

Seems it is for you, but as said earlier the sandbagging mentality has different needs........

EDIT: Level 82  XP 237615  Level 84  XP 275515  Level 89  XP 428488 Level 90  XP 486988  - That's now a very fair compromise for business v player needs.  Daily XP plus a few Par3 tourneys in your CC a day (12 minutes a tourney) if you really wanted to go at it - math easy. L90 R11 irons are best but the L79 Bladez are very close.  Choices, but since the last down time the company now has a good balance.

• neilecramer
    106 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 1:39 AM

Still a little frustrated here Jim. Even when I'm dialed in and dinging everything, I still can't get lower than 30-32 range. Shot a 32 a KIA with a 100% GIR/8 foot average. Followed that with a ~75% GIR/23 foot average and shot a....32. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and still shot the same score. After that, I decided to massage my ego with a nice relaxing front nine at STA. Shot a 35...in low winds. Yikes.

Tell me again how it gets better Jim!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 1:52 AM

neilecramer:
    I still can't get lower than 30-32 range

L72 legend is early.

I never said anything was perfect, but L79 and those Bladez are excellent as are the L70s HL Cleve Wedges.  

For whatever reason (well done and congrats from me) you tiered up early.  I would say go with the flow as all you can do anyway..............

Remeber I am not saying that is perfect (L72 talking), but Level 73  XP 156415 Level 79  XP 199515 = a 1 month leisurely stroll doing one 12 minute par 3 tourney a day plus daily XP. By L79 the 30s through practice, and equipment can start to really flow. L81 then 84 and you be rockin'

I was WGTs biggest (well an annoying pain anyway lol) before the last downtime and shake up.  They addressed some real issues, and I just think they now have a fair compromise player v business.  

EDIT: I used to advocate a new tier but as per the thread link I don't that's going to fly, and with the shake up not as necessary anyway IMO. If a L72 TM asked me I would say consider taking in the view a bit longer though - too late for you. 

• neilecramer
    106 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2013 2:21 AM

Helpful as always Jim! A month isn't a long time and I have something to look forward to at least. The thing is though, when I first started here, I couldn't wait to get out on the links and play all day and night. Now it feels like a daily homework assignment. My own fault though and I'll surely slog through it.

RSS