Forums

Help › Forums

You can't do that!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 23 2013 1:47 PM (23 replies)
  • dyjech
    129 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2013 8:49 PM

Beth Black. ## 11. 137 8 iron. By the numbers. Ball stops .2 ?from the cup (what does that mean. from the edge?). Replay shows NO MOVEMENT,no forward movement, no backup , no bounce at landing. ZOOM shows ball stuck in the  back side of the cup.Would I kid you?............;<) Oh yeah.No replay.Damn. I never thought to just pull the pin.Hey Staff. Retrieve that shot for me...............please. RTG ,legend Beth 18 . Finish on 10/18.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 9:58 AM

I think you mean something along the lines of this.  It must be a bug, can't really say

47 yard punch

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 12:12 PM

exactly! Except your's seems to hang in the air. Do you remember what your putt distance was?

D

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 4:20 PM

.2 in

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 6:44 PM

LOL. same as mine.Here is a verbatim of Email I sent to WGT support. "the ball at landing had no action. No backspin, no bounce , no forward movement, NO MOVEMENT. The only time a ball has no visual movement when it lands is WHEN IT GOES IN THE HOLE. It was stuck on the interior wall of the hole. That stroke cost me 1000 credits. I asked for an  credit adjustment. They "can't"

D

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 7:15 PM

My guess would be that they are applying Rule 17-4

"17-4. Ball Resting Against Flagstick
    When a player’s ball rests against the flagstick in the hole and the ball is not holed, the player or another person authorized by him may move or remove the flagstick, and if the ball falls into the hole, the player is deemed to have holed out with his last stroke; otherwise, the ball, if moved, must be placed on the lip of the hole, without penalty."

To be holed the ball has to come to rest in the bottom of the cup. Even if the ball plugs into the side of the cup it is not considered holed.

What's missing here is the opportunity for the player to remove the flagstick  with a random chance built into the game for the ball to actually fall in. WGT is arbitrarily assuming that the ball pops out every single time one of these shots happens. In reality, however, the vast majority of these shots are holed because players are extremely careful about removing the flagstick when confronted with this situation.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2013 7:59 PM

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:19 AM

Please.This is not the PGA or St Andrews. It's a friggin computer game. The shot was not properly credited BECAUSE of a bug, not some earthly physical cause.So the situation is as thus. If you lose credit(s) because of a bug. Too bad?

Interesting when in the not too distant past , ALL players were denied the use of the ZOOM function because of the improper use of it caused SOME staff member to lose credits.

insert the Goose and Gander analogy here."we can't adjust your credit total". Really ."Can't"?? What they mean is "Won't" .Why?. Will,1000 credits will cause irreparable harm to WGT's financial position? Because we're city hall. We don't have to remedy an error/bug. We don't have to TAKE A FAIR AND COMMON SENSE APPROACH to resolving an issue. Some time in the past , I wrote support about a situation in which I lost credits due to some error/malfunction They offered a refund. BEFORE I became aware of their offer , I realized how to remedy the problem causing the loss of credits. I turned down the offer Didn't seem proper to take the credits. So much for honesty being rewarded.

If you're city hall, NEVER say "CAN"T" There is hardly anything city hall "CAN'T " do, if they chose. There is everything they can CHOSE not to do. For whatever arbitrary reason.

BTW. Rule 17-4. e.t.c. I doubt if one tenth of one percent of the players here REMOVE THE PIN when they putt. Ergo. Do their holed putts count?

D

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 1:39 AM

No Bubba. Music will NOT soothe the savage beast. Read on.

RSS