Help › Forums

You can't do that!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 23 2013 1:47 PM (23 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 6:26 AM

dyjech:
    I doubt if one tenth of one percent of the players here REMOVE THE PIN when they putt.

The pin is never in when putting from on the green.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 7:18 AM

dyjech:
      Music will NOT soothe the savage beast. 

William Congreve will be turning in his grave. (No offence meant)

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 7:35 AM

hitting the hole is not always a good thing ...

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 7:58 AM

What

filmslayer:

hitting the hole is not always a good thing ...

a great example to prove my point. Look at jsweetcr's replay above and the lack of action on landing, as mine also exhibited. How do you put a replay in a forum message?

D

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 11:59 AM

Let me guess .... Beth #11 ... must be the front left pin. Had that happen to me also. The ball, upon landing, exhibited no bounce,no roll, just sticky tape.... *plop* my theory is they're using duct tape around the holes to take up extra space to keep the cup in a too large poked out hole by an over-sized hole cutter... which would explain why so many putts screech to a halt two inches from dropping in.

Lol ... not really. It's a bug. Fumigate the entire course I say. Then burn the woods down for three miles in the surrounding area. Pour concrete... build a dome over the place. 

• dandycap
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2013 6:17 PM

Don;  They did it.    Got the bug......  "fumigate"  -  ha, ha   "burn the woods" -   ha , ha, ha, ha,  "pour concrete"  he, he, he,  "dome"   Don't  think I can breath in one...   --  just dandy

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 12:53 PM

the bug will be something to do with how a shot interacts with the edge of the hole

a bit like this one

and no. it doesn't hit the flag, check the close up on camera 4.

that amount of backspin and bounce is impossible on a normal shot , so it must be an error where the full shot hit the boundary of the hole

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:19 PM

oilyrag:

that amount of backspin and bounce is impossible on a normal shot , so it must be an error where the full shot hit the boundary of the hole

Stop. Read the posting There is no ball action. Look at shot in the first reply to my posting.

D

• dyjech
    129 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:41 PM

Children.Sigh. I can understand why Sister Mary Yardstick kept some of you after school, dusting erasers ( setting up early onset COPD) Reading comprehension class, reading comprehension.,;<)

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 3:06 PM

dyjech:

Children.Sigh. I can understand why Sister Mary Yardstick kept some of you after school, dusting erasers ( setting up early onset COPD) Reading comprehension class, reading comprehension.,;<)

why bother trying to offer an explanation eh just get grief........ dear oh f************ dear

right, again.

the outcome of your shot is almost certainly down to a programming error where the ball interacts with the apex of the edge of the hole

my shot is another version of the same error

you will find another version of this where the shot flies 300 yards after hitting the egde

example here

all versions of the same error

but hey ...... your not interested .... so why bother eh

RSS