Forums

Help › Forums

The new RG list

Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:40 AM (152 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 7:56 PM

I thought you, being "in the know" and all, would be the first to realize the engineers who work on new features and fix bugs in the game are not the same person who puts together the list and schedule for RGs.  Its very close to setting up CC tournaments IMO. 

I doubt very much the caddie feature work interrupts setting up RGs.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 8:03 PM

andyson:

I thought you, being "in the know" and all, would be the first to realize the engineers who work on new features and fix bugs in the game are not the same person who puts together the list and schedule for RGs.  Its very close to setting up CC tournaments IMO. 

LOL dude who said anything about that. Go back and read my post. Dude you posted in this thread because i did. Period!

Nobody said anything about no caddie crap in this thread until you brought it up.

We have been asking for decent read gos. The top players having been asking for high stake ready go. Nothing is happening. That is ignoring customers.

You brought up all the other crap,, because had to say something. lol. Bringing up shite i said in another thread. You have nothing to add here.  A ready go thread that you do not belong in.  Yup i posted you could not help yourself.

Got something to bring to the RG thread? I'm all ears.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2014 8:05 PM

geraldlarousse:

bretbretbret:

Hey Guys, all great ideas.....but its unfortunate that WGT dont really give a sh1t about what we want. It is so easy for them to do many of the ideas mentioned in here, yet still, nothing really happens does it.

Great game.....but could be so much better !

B3

+1 hate to say it.

I think maybe WGT is trying to stop the top players now from stockpiling credits.

These players beg for decent ready gos........ nope blow them off.

Never in my life have i seen a company run its business like this. Ignoring its customers at every turn. 

Amazing really. Would love to meet the clowns that run this joint. I have a very good idea what they look like.

Yup^^^^ this is the post. See anything about a caddie or any other crap?  Yeah posted because i did. LOL Again anything to add to the ready go thread??

You might want to stay up late tonight i'm off tomorrow. I might feel the need to post in another thread or two later on. I know the game very well mate. I enjoy playing it. :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 2:11 AM

I don't really see the point of TL only RGs at 100 credits a pop, so maybe one of those spaces open to all that want high stakes RGs?

Personally I would also not touch a high wind Par 5 RG, just think way too much of a lottery.

Personally x1 50 credit RG at a time is fine.  Then also mainly 100 credit a pop with the odd 200 credit a pop is fine also for me.

Basically overall I think the current mix, for my standard, is as good as I could reasonably expect. The ones I play seem to fill up in a reasonable time (as reasonable as gets), don't rip me a new one if I blow out, and over 9 holes each time suits me also.

Sorry to go against the grain for some in this thread, and whatever you can do to cater for them too obviously great. Just for balance though I think the current mix is good, catering to people like me well.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 6:07 AM

geraldlarousse:
    You posted in this thread because i did. Yup you have nothing to bring to the table about ready gos. If so spit it out. You played a ready go recently?

I posted in this thread because you said WGT ignores its customers at every turn.  And that's not true.  Also unlike you, I provided an example to support it.

The reason I don't play RGs is I don't like the idea of me paying for your balls.

geraldlarousse:

andyson:

LOL dude who said anything about that. Go back and read my post.

I  w i l l  t y p e  s l o w l y  f o r  y o u  g e r a l d. 

H e r e ' s  w h e r e  y o u  s a i d  i t :

geraldlarousse:
    You keep me laughing. I think if we did a vote most players would want the game issues fixed. Not fooling with no caddie crap.

Got it now?  I'm LMAO again, tyvm!

geraldlarousse:
    Got something to bring to the RG thread?

And your contribution was?  This?

geraldlarousse:

Never in my life have i seen a company run its business like this. Ignoring its customers at every turn.

So I point out WGT does not ignore its customers at every turn when they agreed to disable the caddy.  A feature that many people want.  But you bashed WGT in that thread too.  For doing what people asked for. 

Its pretty much all you do on the forum, bash WGT every chance you get.  Whine, whine, whine about WGT.   Give it a rest.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 6:22 AM

andyson:
    Its pretty much all you do on the forum, bash WGT every chance you get.  Whine, whine, whine about WGT.   Give it a rest.

LOL. Ain't happening. Gerald's da man with the whining. My personal fav is the one about getting screwed on a 55.

Question for ya, G-how many players do you think are chomping at the bit for what you want in RG's? 100? 200? Translate that to a percentage of the total that play here and then ask yourself, as a customer service type from WGT, what's more important to the masses-appeasing a few hundred or a few thousand?

Hint: The answer's rhetorical.  ;-)

Oh, and before you jump on ME for posting in this thread, yes, I have played RG's but you have done a nice job of tin-foiling me out of them. I like Jimbog's take.

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 6:53 AM

Jimbog1964:

Personally I would also not touch a high wind Par 5 RG, just think way too much of a lottery.

Personally x1 50 credit RG at a time is fine.  Then also mainly 100 credit a pop with the odd 200 credit a pop is fine also for me.

Basically overall I think the current mix,................................

Agreed.

I completely avoid the HW RG's, I can play the HW usually just fine, just to much of a lottery and until i win a lottery i will continue to avoid these. The higher stakes RG's tend to generate far to many scratch my head shots as well and I avoid them as well because of such.

So the LW low credit 9 holers all the way for me, don't care which course, I like them all.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 7:30 AM

I personally just like a good variety in RGs.  The high stakes RGs can be fun but really seem to be pointless to me.  No offense - but what good is another 6000 credits going to do for me?  Until they bring back gift cards I just don't see the point.  

I agree on the high wind ready-gos (especially on the par 5 course).  I rarely seem to get a favorable wind set in high wind ready gos and when you have to score under a birdie average (more eagles than pars) then the high wind par 5 tourney is just a lottery.  I still think all of this could be fixed if everyone who enters a single elimination tourney has to play the same wind set.  I get that in unlimited tourneys the winds should change for each round - but single play tourneys should have the same winds for each player to let skill be the main component in who wins and not let luck be the driving force.  The argument that player A will tell his friend player B what the winds are and give that player an advantage is ridiculous.  I don't care what the winds are - I will be able to see it before I take my shot anyway so what difference does it make if I know about it an hour before I play or when I am ready to hit.

• TNP56
    510 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 7:32 AM

maybe WGT  should just set up RG'S  only for that tier level..

like have a section for each tier....

8rg's for pros only

8 rg's for masters

8rg's for TM'S ....ect.. ect...

just my 2 cents.....then just abolish all the ones that are open for all tiers?

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2014 7:49 AM

New list out today, and I can only 1 x 200 9 holer and no 500 cred RG's.

Still baffles me why they can't throw in at least 2 x 500's ,  1 x 1000 and 1 x 2000 cred RG's...it's not as if they don't fill up quickly, 'cos they do.

IMO there are too many 100 and 200 cered RG's. Variety is the spice of life!

C'mon WGT...

RSS