Forums

Help › Forums

WGT = WTF

Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:30 PM (107 replies)
  • Jpdench3
    13 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:13 AM

i don't see the problem, if you get better they make it harder for you, with hack's beginner clubs they often need to use their woods to make the green in two on courses like oakwood and hacks aren't as good so they deserve the easy greens, when you get better they raise the bar, continuing to make it very tough so you can't just birdie every hole and have to play it like the real guys in tough conditions, in my opinion if they keep you occupied/challenged you'll have more to do and hopefully only improve your game!

• jakvedderman29
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:40 AM

I'm your average at best player here and when I found out about the new tiers everything else. I was skeptical at first because I would be teeing off from the blue tee's (Master) now and with being equipped with Pro Tier Clubs and Drivers. I would have to earn new clubs as I kept getting points and advancing in levels which I have no timeline when I'll get to the Master ranked Clubs, Wedges and Drivers.  After playing a few times. It's more challenging and I think the people who run and operate WGT are doing this in the best interest of the site and it's players. I'm willing to following along with this new format, suck up and do the best I can even if I post a lousy score.    

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:55 AM
    Ahh but those handful of people who shoot those scores will be in their own special tier... the legend tier.... I read a post earlier that said those were near impossible... like tees back farther than the open tournaments........ greens faster than tourney speed.... the players who on average are beating us senseless will be in that tier..... and then we'll be able to compete with those in our range.... if you average between a 30-34 on nine stroke rounds... or between 62-68 on full courses you will be playing with a bunch of others who do the same...... each tier has their own tourneys..... with ready go you play the course with the conditions listed for everyone... the only thing different is that a master drives from their tees while amatuers and pros and hacks ect drive from theirs.....
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:44 AM

So I just played the back 9 BPB Ready Go as a Legend.  Come on.  Black Tees, black tees, those are the tips that even the pros dont play from except on a few holes.  Par 4 10th and 12th, 508 and 506yds respectfully.  Luckily I had good mild winds in my favor and could reach them with irons.  The 13th plays over 600yds.  Oh yeah, tourney speed greens.  Played a MPC last night on Championship greens.  BPB back 9 played over 3700 yds.  From those tees, it is going to be a monumental effort to gain any credits from Ready Go's

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:50 AM

thank you WGT for letting me buy the master clubs. if i could play on 2 or 3 green speeds in mutliplayer, i would have nothing to complain about. oh, could you please put flip-flops and beer in the pro shop? i am lookin forward to new enhancements:) [especially the beer - i hope you have india pale ale available, but corona is good too]

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:43 AM

I like the new set up,Sorry i do, But i play raptures and  now they have an even bigger disadvantage against the G10s,For that reason i wont be playing in many ready gos until, new raptures arrive,, If they ever do,!!

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:24 AM

I barely fit into the Legend tier.  I am back there on the back tees and have really fast greens, I enjoy the challenge.  It kills me that the only way that people think you can have fun today is scoring low, you guys need to go to TWO and shoot 45 on 18 holes and be happy.  The long term effect of this WGT change is very good.

• rlweller
    108 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:26 AM

I like the change because its more of a challenge but i do understand the disadvantages that it has many people in.It just needs tweak some, but WGT is headed in right direction.

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:56 PM

sooo    sick  of people saying to go play TWO if you  want to have fun,  fun for me was low 30s on a 9 hole round,  my best 18 was 63,   I dont want to score lower  I want to have fun.  three putting a green because it Was champianship speed and with my limited experience on those fast greens is NO fun. I am not good enough to be considered a legend, thought it was funny when they called me master.     do  you read IT text books for fun? do you dig ditches for fun? work is work,  fun is fun, golf should not be work   for sure not online golf.

TarheelsRule:
    I barely fit into the Legend tier.  I am back there on the back tees and have really fast greens, I enjoy the challenge. 

whoopie for you. I did not want anymore challenge  the game was challenging enough for me. I almost did not make the fairway on SA #7 today,  and that is with , almost, the best clubs in the game! how is that going to be fun when ya miss the ding by a few pixels and end up in the rough like a hack, because you could not hit it far enough?

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:10 PM

Exactly wiz! i completely understand where Tar is comin from too. can't WGT do both? i am still waitin to hear why it wouldn't be o.k. to allow anyone, from any tier, set up a multiplayer or match play game [or practice] with 1 of 4 greend speeds and 1 of 3 wind conditions? wouldn't that allow those who want to be challenged choose "ice" as a green speed, and those of us who don't want to smash our putters to choose slow? and hopefully new weather elements will be added, allowing for even more combinations... i want to play st andrews in blinding rain, with slow greens, hurricane winds, and flip-flops/beer from the pro shop. is that too much to ask?

RSS