Forums

Help › Forums

WGT = WTF

Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:30 PM (107 replies)
  • Stryker800
    38 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:13 AM

WGTadmin2:

Thanks for your feedback and we appreciate your patience.  We are gathering data and evaluating modifications to the determination of tiers and levels. Please bear with us and your play and comments will help us tune the systems to be more fun.

Playing this game used to be fun with trying to compete to be the best at your individual level. I was planning on purchasing new clubs this weekend since my play had gotten better. But now I was moved to a master level and do not have the length off of the tee to get into shorter iron shots on bethpage black and other courses as well. According to the new points system it is going to take too long to get to the level to purchase the clubs I need. If this does not change quickly I will just stop playing since I cant compete with the clubs I have and paying for tournaments would be a waste of credits since I could not compete at the same level as others on my same tier level. 

Another nice addition would be to add the full 18 holes for other courses as well. Thanks for listening and I really like this game and hope that it becomes fun to play again

• losersss
    138 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:23 AM

the game is fun. it could be more fun if the issue of the same people "gobbling up" all the ready go turney credits is addressed. it's frustrating and discouraging for a player to shoot a really good round say -3 or -4 only to lose credits to the best of the best. but with that being said, it is a voluntary thing and nobody is compelled to enter. i certainly don't have an answer but it does seem inherently unfair for the same players to gobble up all the credits. personally, i really enjoy the game.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 10:38 AM

No Andy, you misconstrued my point altogether.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:04 AM

Richard4168:

No Andy, you misconstrued my point altogether. The people cheating would be the sandbaggers and multiple-account users, or any other methods people have found to cheat at this game. The other people are the ones who are now in no position to cheat the game, although they'll always try.

I don't think I completely misunderstood your post..  You said:

Richard4168:
    Most of the negative comments are coming from people who have trouble playing the game, or are now unable to cheat the game.

Who are the people who "have trouble playing the game"?  The non-elite players?  They have all the reasons to write negative comments because many of them got screwed.

• JAYPTN
    13 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:06 AM

You guys who do nothing but play and post (live on this site) are supremely irritating...it's all just about you isn't it?

• RMRamler
    8 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:11 PM

Agreed 100% this is not fun at all. I spend good $ to ENJOY this game and it isnot worth it anymore.  Please check out the WTF on WTG replays on my profile.  Again, you will say WTF too! I sure as heck hope the admin staff look at this .... can you fixe my average score of 68 which has since jumped to 78 because of this down grade´  huh, no they will just take my money and laugh.  If you can not tell, I am, upset!

• Babaloo1
    36 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:14 PM

My biggest problem now is that I am getting bounced out of the server. 3 times in 1 ready go game and the meter is jumping like crazy. This has all gotten worse since the updates of yesterday. I really wonder about the server capacities and the added levels/tiers and what they have done.

Anyone agree?

• IanWigan
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:19 PM

Ive just been playing front 9 match fair enough im new to this site but i aint a quiter and fair enough im losing the match but enjoying it. when i get a error message please close this window. so i did three times i ropend it joined the game again and three times i get the error again so close the window, then what do i get on reopening it you have been disqaulifed and lost the match how fair is that and none of the faults where my own? I used to play TW08 online never quit there and joined this site with same attitude

• IanWigan
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:22 PM

further to my last reply how can i appolgie to the guy who i was playing when through no fault of my own im forced to leave the game due to a error thats not my fault

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:19 PM

I posted this in another area, but am including it here, due to the high po***rity of the subject [with an addition at the bottom]:

WGTAdmin/WGTAdmin2/Anyone else with this knowledge: Please enlighten all of us as to how you justify the Level requirements. Let us put aside the swingmeter complaints, green speeds [i am STILL upset about those], and other "enhancements" in the newest Beta release, focusing specifically on Levels.

As a recent posts mention, some have played 2,500 some-odd ranked rounds, some play 5 times a week, some have been bumped up in Tiers, and nobody can buy the clubs they want/need [unless they already had them of course.] ALL i have read is how upset people are because it's gonna take some hundreds, if not thousands, of rounds to have the "priviledge" of buying new stuff. I myself missed the chance to buy the G10's and R9 driver i have been lookin forward to gettin for weeks [by ONE day].

Other than making people buy hundreds of balls, how can you POSSIBLY justify these Level requirements? Everyone [including myself] seems to be furious.

If you are truly reading these posts and will make changes, then CHANGE the Level requirements to something reasonable so that those of us that still love playing [other than on Very Fast Greens - cough], and want to buy better stuff, can some day before they die [or quit]...

Discalimer: My use of italics/bold/underlining was for intonation/emphasis, not to scream

Addition: If people are put in the master tier, but don't have access to the master clubs any time soon, how is that justified or fair? I just don't get it. If the Level system isn't adjusted to something reasonable, how is it going to remain fun? why not do BOTH: have a weekend-only sale for master-tier players to be able to get equipment AND adjust the Levels... Please enlighten all of us as to what i am missing in how this is an enhancement...

RSS