Forums

Help › Forums

Chinese astrology

Thu, Jan 9 2014 4:59 PM (70 replies)
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 9:21 PM

Anyone believe in that ?

I think it works. Not as future prediction but more of natural characteristics of person. This is not invented theory. More of observed theory.

inese Zodiac Sign Meanings

Chinese Zodiac Rat
    Rat:
    Element: Water
    Partners well with: Dragon and Monkey
    Characteristics: Intelligent, adaptable, quick-witted, charming, artistic, sociable.

Chinese Zodiac Ox
    Ox:
    Element: Earth
    Partners well with: Snake and Rooster
    Characteristics: Loyal, reliable, thorough, strong, reasonable, steady, determined
    Bull Symbolic Meaning here.

Chinese Zodiac Tiger
    Tiger:
    Element: Wood
    Partners well with:
    Horse and Dog
    Characteristics: Enthusiastic, courageous, ambitious, leadership, confidence, charismatic
    Click here for more Chinese symbolic meanings for Tiger.

Chinese Zodiac Rabbit
    Rabbit:
    Element: Wood
    Partners well with: Sheep and Boar
    Characteristics: Trustworthy, empathic, modest, diplomatic, sincere, sociable, caretakers. More on Rabbit meanings here.

Chinese Zodiac Dragon
    Dragon:
    Partners well with: Rat and Monkey
    Characteristics: Lucky, flexible, eccentric, imaginative, artistic, spiritual, charismatic
    More on Chinese Dragon Symbolism here.

Chinese Zodiac Snake Snake:
    Element: Fire
    Partners well with: Rooster and Ox
    Characteristics: Philosophical, organized, intelligent, intuitive, elegant, attentive, decisive
    Symbolism of Snake here.

Chinese Zodiac Symbol Horse
    Horse:
    Element: Fire
    Partners well with: Dog and Tiger
    Characteristics: Adaptable, loyal, courageous, ambitious, intelligent, adventurous, strong
    (see also Horse symbolic meanings.

Chinese Zodiac Symbol Sheep
    Sheep:
    Partners well with: Boar and Rabbit
    Characteristics: Tasteful, crafty, warm, elegant, charming, intuitive, sensitive, calm

Chinese Zodiac Monkey Symbol
    Monkey:
    Element: Metal
    Partners well with: Dragon and Rat
    Characteristics: Quick-witted, charming, lucky, adaptable, bright, versatile, lively, smart. More on Monkey symbolism here.

Chinese Zodiac Rooster
    Rooster:
    Element: Metal
    Partners well with: Snake and Ox
    Characteristics: Honest, energetic, intelligent, flamboyant, flexible, diverse, confident. For more information on Rooster Symbol meanings, click here.

Chinese Zodiac Dog
    Dog:
    Partners well with: Tiger and Horse
    Characteristics: Loyal, sociable, courageous, diligent, steady, lively, adaptable, smart

Chinese Zodiac Boar
    Boar:
    Element: Water
    Partners well with: Sheep and Rabbit
    Characteristics: Honorable, philanthropic, determined, optimistic, sincere, sociable 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 12:00 AM

I'm more a believer in Taoism and the three treasures, but find the Chinese astrological calendar fascinating ... much like the Greek astrological signs when you take into account the five seasons.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 1:38 AM

alexk345:

Anyone believe in that ?

I think it works. Not as future prediction but more of natural characteristics of person. This is not invented theory. More of observed theory.

my old barber (he preferred "stylist" .....but clearly my hair never agreed to that) fascinated me for years with those concepts.  And not that I believe or disbelieve but after learning some of the personality traits and compatibility between people, it clearly has some merit.

but then again, if you're looking for something, generally you can find it ......real or not

• petercooper1958
    705 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 1:51 AM

Oh yeh talk to me about Daoism. My favourite books are from the chinese (at the moment). Lao Tzu, Lieh Tzu, Chuang Tzu, I Cing, all have preference on my bookshelf at the moment.

Cheers

P

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:41 AM

I have better philosophy than any religion or human created mumbo jumbo. if you ready to listen.. :)

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:41 AM

petercooper1958:
    talk to me about Daoism

A very fascinating religion ... and to think Lao Tze wrote the first book around 550 BCE.  I find many of the teachings, the 3 treasures, the five bushels of rice are extremely fascinating.  My first Kung Fu master taught us the three treasures, and it is a very big part of my life and lifestyle.  I also got into Taoism/Daoism around that same time.  

Great reading ... incorporating it into your lifestyle is the real key however.

My very best to you and yours, PeterCooper!

Kat ♥

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:44 AM

alexk345:

I have better philosophy than any religion or human created mumbo jumbo. if you ready to listen.. :)

not until you pay a visit to Team Yancy headquarters for a complete going-over :)

just playin alex - you take my crap very well!

merry xmas man

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:51 AM

to each his own

Its all good. No one is same. Each has his own limits.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:40 PM

alexk345:

to each his own

Its all good. No one is same. Each has his own limits.

I'm guessing you have developed your own "Philosophy" on life and you're just dying to cram it down our throats, aren't you Alex?  Now isn't philosophy the pursuit of wisdom mainly through intellectual means and moral self-discipline?

Now, since you do not know me, nor I you, how do you know my limitations, or my philosophy for that matter?  I'm somewhat blown away that you would make an attack on another's morals without actually knowing them or their beliefs.  Maybe you would like to rephrase your ridiculous comment ... or are you as foolish as those that paraded "the word of God" and felt justified in killing others because they did not believe the same way, and thus had to be inferior.

Your comment has me believing that you feel superior to me because you assume we don't share the same or even similar philosophies.  That, my fellow WGT member is simply foolishness on your part.  Don't be so quick to judge others ... you may learn something when you have an open mind!

My best wishes to you and yours,

Kat ♥

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:53 PM

The thing is this. 

Your reply based on your assumption on what i said. You are basically mirroring your belief. 

We all do. 

Why i am superior? Simple. I have no belief. I do not own belief. Basically lets say i have weaker bond to beliefs. 

So basically i do not argue on behalf of my belief. 

Reason for superiority because 100% of humans need beliefs to live and survive and interact with society.  Even if you have weak belief , overtime you develop into a state where you become slave to that belief. Anything give you comfort you become slave to it eventually.

Only thing permanent is change.

Ask questions always.

Your first question should be , why not you ask question. 

I do. Its purpose clean up house of beliefs. Removing references. 

Everything is over rated. Wisdom or truth or what ever cooks in your brain.

What matters is are you control of yourself all the time? Or you are in another rabbit hole of illusion. 

Human life is jump from one illusion to another. Reality is not fun. 

As long as humans can forget time , he is happy.

RSS