Forums

Help › Forums

quitters

Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:15 PM (48 replies)
  • OneKeano16
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:07 AM

yeah well done completly agree i am an amateur player and i was playin a tour pro player his name was STOIDMAN we went to a play off witch he made a mess off and he left the game and left me stuck on the screen why cant players like this just finish it off its bad sportmanship and u wouldnt do it in any sport really never mind on a golf course.. COME ON LADS AND LADYS GROW UP..

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:17 AM

Script:
    trailer trash refers to what?

Big Lebowski?    I thought he was the new cultural icon for all of us to emulate.  

I do agree that quitters on this site come in all shapes and sizes, just like crooks in real life can be found in every social stratum. I've met quitters here who were so illiterate as to be unable to distinguish between their and there, let alone the timeless conundrum of your and you're. Then again, I've met quitters who were highly eloquent as they ditched me after their first misfired tee shot, although most quitters just quit without even saying "bye".

(Needless to say, I have met none of those folks on the Ladders site so far but only here in randomly launched multi-player rounds. If you launch a random foursome on this site and actually manage to finish it as a foursome, that's about as rare as beach weather in the Arctic.)

• Script
    621 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:38 AM

Faterson:

Script:
    trailer trash refers to what?

Big Lebowski?    I thought he was the new cultural icon for all of us to emulate.  

I do agree that quitters on this site come in all shapes and sizes, just like crooks in real life can be found in every social stratum. I've met quitters here who were so illiterate as to be unable to distinguish between their and there, let alone the timeless conundrum of your and you're. Then again, I've met quitters who were highly eloquent as they ditched me after their first misfired tee shot, although most quitters just quit without even saying "bye".

(Needless to say, I have met none of those folks on the Ladders site so far but only here in randomly launched multi-player rounds. If you launch a random foursome on this site and actually manage to finish it as a foursome, that's about as rare as beach weather in the Arctic.)

Agree!

• Script
    621 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:45 AM

Snaike:

scoresby:
    I wish I could promise you will always be treated respectfully on WGTLS, but I will promise the management will be there to assist with difficulties.

Yes, I used to recommend folks visit that site when they wanted to get a game with folks who are disinclined to leave early.

The problem now is that they have a known liar as a moderator (proven fact) who can and will manipulate the true facts and conditions to suit his latest whim and fancy.

Therefore, to all of the players that I have guided to that site, I wish to apologize and hope for your sake that someone with a stronger intestinal fortitude will take over and remove the cancer from their midst.

Snaike, I find myself agreeing with your postings almost all the time...but it is a little extreme (in my opinion) to discourage folks from WGTLS because you have an issue with the moderator.  It is still a good place to meet people and play matches on WGT.  I find it to be complementary to WGT and Country Club play, not in conflict.  Not wanting to start a debate..just my 2 cents.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:41 AM

Shame on me my pedoral syndrome.  (Speaking with foot inserted in mouth)

RE: WGTLS

Script:
    It is still a good place to meet people and play matches on WGT.  I find it to be complementary to WGT and Country Club play, not in conflict.  Not wanting to start a debate..just my 2 cents.

Script:  Thank you for bringing this thread back to topic.

Country Clubs have the potential to be a fun way to get together with trusted friends.   Where can we go to find those trusted friends?  We can find them here at WGT through community tournaments, friends' recommendations, and judgement calls based on forum posts. The majority of the golfer's here do not quit, but who are they?   WGTLS is a source of about 1400 golfers who joined in large part because of its "non-quitter" reputation.  It is a bank of potential Country Club members.

WGTLS is complementary to WGT.   WGTLS causes 100's of 1,000's of ad-views per day through game play in many types of tournaments and ladders.  That can't be a bad thing.

To OP:  I hope this has been a rewarding experience and you are no longer quit on.

See you on the links,

Cheers,

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:41 PM

Yes. Quitting is a genetic problem, so even if a quitter quits quitting, their own biology will demand they keep quitting. Quitters who quit quitting have formed a support group called Quitters Anonymous as it is very difficult to quit quitting and almost assured a quitter who has quit quitting will fall of the wagon and start quitting again. This is why QA has grown in recent years. Many quitters are turning to QA for help. I know because I am a quitaholic.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:15 AM

bobalu58:

i have never seen such a damn bunch of quitters in my life as on this golf websites.  in non-tourney stroke play so called masters who are 1 or 2 over quit on the last shot of a round to save their score avg.  99% of the time i finish my rounds.  these a**holes should be penalized for quitting.  As for all the petty bitching about # of courses changes in what is tourney speed on one course versus another that is what golf is about.  i don't *** cuz i'm here to have fun as are 95% of the people i have had the pleasure to play with.  you people need to get a life.  it's a game for cryin' out loud, deal with it or stop coming here.  wgt u guys are ok keep up the good work.  the vast majority of people are havin' a great time!  Tonite 3 guys w/better stroke avgs. than i quit.  screw u quitters.

Next time this happens, tell them that you have a friend that wants to play them for money.

If you can sucker anyone into accepting this challenge, send me a friend invite, and let me know their name... lol.

• RRSMYSER
    11 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:54 AM

nickuk:

Yes. Quitting is a genetic problem, so even if a quitter quits quitting, their own biology will demand they keep quitting. Quitters who quit quitting have formed a support group called Quitters Anonymous as it is very difficult to quit quitting and almost assured a quitter who has quit quitting will fall of the wagon and start quitting again. This is why QA has grown in recent years. Many quitters are turning to QA for help. I know because I am a quitaholic.

Very funny Nick, hope it's not true...lol    REFORMED QUITTER

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 2:17 PM

I just wonder what the point of quitting a match is, has to be ego related I guess.  Heck, having a good average isn't going to allow you (third party quitters) play better in a Tourny if your average is low because you've quit 1/2 your rounds.

Personally, I've been whacking (you know what I mean) on this site every chance I get, playing only ranked rounds, but keep plugging away to get a lower average.  In fact I did play one practice round the other day, just to set all the conditions to the hardest level to see ho I'd fare....

In fact, I believe in the FAQ's only 10 of the best last 14 rounds are weighted for average...whats the point of quitting?  That's like enetering in a false score to keep your hadicap low, bragging to your buddies you now sport a 7...then shott 96 against them.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 2:28 PM

Snaike:
    Advice that's free.... quitters quit, you can't stop them and neither can WGT.   Get over it, you'll live longer.

WHY NOT, they can program for tiers, legends, masters and all that junk, so what is so

difficult about programming the quitters out of business

It is very easy to do. They put how many credits you have on your profile, and who cares.

Remove that, insert wins, losses and forfeits (quits). All you ego maniacs would quit your quitting, and we could all enjoy this game. Last night it took 5 games before I got to go to the 4th hole, that is plain BS

RSS