Help › Forums

Live Gamer not giving many credits for last few days

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:01 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:55 AM

FatDan, first I totally understand you anger I honestly do, no buts no ifs, just I understand.

Now, perhaps you should wait a few hours until you've calmed down then do another check and just verify to yourself that what you say is true.

If it is and IF the information could only come from WGT, then did you send it with explicit instructions that it couldn't be used or sent to third parties? Apparently it is very widespread practice for businesses to sell such information and often have such permissions built into their Terms and Conditions.

Now to my questions; have you been through the WGT verification process? (I haven't as my country of residence bars me from that process). If you have are you certain that any information came from that source, i.e. is there any other possibility.

If the answers to the above are Yes and Yes, then WGT have a VERY serious issue, one that I would consider contacting a lawyer about.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 1:15 AM

FatDan, further to my last, this may be a long post so I've posted here instead of editing.

First the privacy policy of WGT is here:

privacy policy

Under disclosure and opt in, the following may be relevant:

If you enter and/or have won a contest offered by us through the Site, we will collect your first and last name, mailing address, shipping address, tax identification number, date of birth, identity verification and, where applicable, your credit card or payment information, if we collect a fee from you. We will use such information to complete prize fulfillment and to comply with any applicable tax regulations and/or any obligations we have in connection with contests or services that we provide jointly with third parties.

I think the bit I've emboldened may be pertinent if you've won a contest.

Then there is this bit;

We may offer contests or provide services jointly with third parties on the Site. You can tell when another company is involved in any contest or service provided on the Site, and, unless otherwise specified herein, only if you have expressly agreed to allow us to provide your personally identifiable information to our contest sponsors by clicking on the "Opt-In" button and opting-in, we may share your personally identifiable information for their marketing use.

Did you accidentally 'opt in'? 

Also did you enter any 'charity' event?

Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you register to participate in a challenge or tournament on the Site that is a benefit for a charity and you pay an entry fee and/or make a donation to that charity, you acknowledge and agree that we will provide all personally identifiable information you submit during registration to the charity so that they may communicate with you regarding the tax deductibility of any donation you make and generally about the activities of the charity. We will also share, or give permission to any such charity to share, your personally identifiable information with other sponsors of the challenge or tournament for purposes of prize fulfillment.
    (my bold)

Now I'm not a lawyer (resists urge to make a derisory comment) but I think I've shown there are plenty of holes in that privacy policy even for me to see, I shudder to think what a lawyer could find in them.

Again, I'm not attacking you in anyway, you have my utmost sympathy and in your shoes I'd almost certainly be equally angry. 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:01 AM

I haven't participated or opted in to anything...I go out of my way not to use/or expose my real name on the net anywhere at anytime, or use my regular email account...NEVER...why, because if I know your real name and read a few posts I can find out who you are or the very least narrow it down to a few possibilities just using free cr@p on the internet...I also have access to Lexus Nexus, if your not familiar with that software it is a company that gathers ALL the data it is illegal for the government to gather on everyone, if you have a name/approximate date of birth and something as simple as are left or right handed, or maybe you said you had a DWI last Tues in Boston, LN will not only tell me your name, but your grades in elementary school, what your house is worth, who you owe, if you've ever been late on a payment, you wife and kids names as well as your x-wifes if you have one, etc etc, it will scare the crap out of you believe that depending on your access level...you can ask it "how many asian left handed males made illegal left turns on 5th and Main in Seattle and it will spit out all the names who did....the Government couldn't do this it is illegal, but the Gov has the highest level of security clearance with a outside company that can do it legally!

I am also more aware than most that companies like facebook/google/microsoft/ pay these sites to allow them to cookie you and mine your data, I don't about this site but some have as many as 7 gathering up your surfing habits and info...look at your browser tools people, you would be surprised who is putting cookies on your pc...

That said, I am super careful...

Now if you were filling out a registration form and had to do something else at the same time you weren't expecting, so using your off hand you typed...

name: China John... address: 111 China John Village Dr.....however in haste and using 1 hand you typed:

china john   111chinajohn village knowing you never did that before or since, you would be sure too..

In fact when I came back here last summer after my son-in-law told me how much it was improved, having been away 4 years I tried to open a new account and was directed to my old one, when I saw the personal info I laughed and thought "I remember doing that, I better edit my profile as it's all screwed up and looked like a 3rd grader did it"....

What I saw was without question the information from my account page(SECURED) verbatim...besides that I entered this so called survey with my email I use for spam, my regular email showed up when my name did, If I wait until I cool off that will be never, I will NEVER TRUST this site again! Funny, I can change my address, but not able to delete my credit card info in my profile....

• PAGES
RSS