Help › Forums

The 30 yard dilemma - now the 57 yard dilemma

Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:53 PM (57 replies)
  • SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 1:47 PM

YankeeJim:

Then again, since you don't use the punch

I wrote that post about a year ago. I know use punches regularly, even punching 8 irons at times.

P.S. Jim: I'm happy with my Satin wedge & its 41 yard punch. Thanks.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 1:52 PM

Wow, how far I've come in 12 months...if I only had a flying Delorean, a Flux Capacitor and 1.21 Gigowats of power...I could talk a lot of sense into me.

-Long

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 1:55 PM

SgtDoodles:
    I'm going to assume this was directed at me.

It wasn't. Read back and see the idiot comment made by the guy that goes up in smoke that obviously has steroetyped Ace.

SgtDoodles:
    P.S. Jim: I'm happy with my Satin wedge & its 41 yard punch. Thanks.

I thought 57 was giving you trouble. The CG takes care of that AND lets you navigate everything the Satin does.

FWIW, talking to Ace about smacking 3 woods and dealing with whatever happens is a waste of time. She (yes, upinsmoke, she's a she) plays a classic game that gets her her stats. I'm pretty sure she just doesn't smack the ball and then go looking for it. She plans the shots. Not a bad idea if you want to score, you know.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:14 PM

The Cle 64 wedge is a Full Shot 60yrds and a Flop 20yrds, maybe perfect for your dilemma

-Roger

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:18 PM

SgtDoodles:
    That's true, but don't you just love a good SMACK with a 3 wood? ;)
    Yes , I do love picking a nice 3 wood clean too doodles. ; )  All I was getting at was if you  plan your delivery lay up into those par 5's and / or  short , but unreachable par 4's...play to the yardage in which the wedges you do have equipped  are going to perform at their peak...not having to choke them. 

Which brings me to another fix I'd love to see in the works.  WGT , I ask that you please  stop penalizing players for hitting 3 W / Hybrid  from the box.  Why should I be stat tracked as missing a fairway because I chose to float a  3 W  265 leaving the approach I desire , instead of having to choke 60+ yards off a driver , hitting into a divided fairway which is only 275 - 280 before you run through into the rough anyway...?   Just  really bizarre to me.

Ace

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:24 PM

YankeeJim:

It wasn't. Read back and see the idiot comment made by the guy that goes up in smoke that obviously has steroetyped Ace.

Just re-read the two posts. I feel like an idiot now. Amazing how just as I thought that, See What a Fool I've Been was playing in the background. 

YankeeJim:

I thought 57 was giving you trouble. The CG takes care of that AND lets you navigate everything the Satin does.

You and Roger (posted above) seem to love this wedge, I'll give it a try. I'm ready to eat my words. lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:51 PM

SgtDoodles:
    You and Roger (posted above) seem to love this wedge, I'll give it a try. I'm ready to eat my words. lol.

Word of caution. I got it and went back to the Satin for a short while because the 10 yards longer was fouling me up. Then I saw what other plyers were doing with it and decided to commit to it. It didn't take too long to master it and now it's as invaluable as the Satin was. Try the chip with full back spin around the green. You'll be amazed.  Gl

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Jan 1 2012 2:53 PM

Yes Sgt, it's a very good club. Just reading the whole post from way back when it first started makes me fell like i'm in a timewarp....lol

-Roger

RSS