Forums

Help › Forums

CHEATERS!

Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:53 PM (127 replies)
  • rchshady
    1 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 12:11 AM

Wontonamo:

imo those programs are useless - the biggest cheats in wgt are the multiaccounters who dont tier up but instead level up and play mpcs for credits. just my opinion.

not sure if i fall into this category...but i am sure many on here will be quick to judge. i played this game for about 6 months before the changes in levels and all this new stuff...reached the master status. i recently returned to playing after a very long break and discovered all these changes. i was accused of being a cheat in the first 2 matches i played because i was only a level 30 or so and had like level 70 clubs...had purchased and owned before the changes. listened to all kinds of bs during these 2 matches about how i was a cheater. i emailed wgt and asked them to disable my account and let me start over for this reason...let them take all my credits and all that great equipment so i could work my way up fairly from the bottom. hasn't really changed much at all. with my old account i would win a little more than the 100 credit entry to a ready-go once in a while...but more like 20 or 40 credits most of the time. i would win close to half my matches for credits. i would be out of credits each month because i was not great at this game. nothing has changed since i started over other than the fact that i am advancing more quickly than a beginner would. i save every round though and i am a level 32 tour pro...no cheating there. want to avoid the cheats who will take your credits?...don't play matches against someone who is like a level 70 pro...lol. anyways...just wanted to throw this out there after reading all the cheater talk. btw...i have 144 credits in my account...so if i am a cheater i am not a very good one...lol. peace to all...just go enjoy the game. it is fun to play and it is free...kind of.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 11:39 AM

Two issues : First, the long time players that had access to clubs that are now restricted.  On a couple of occasions, I have played tournaments and lost, then went and looked at the profiles of the players that finished ahead of me, and found players that had been here a while using equipment I didn't yet have access to, despite being the same tier and level as I.  In my opinion, this is not fair and they should either not be able to use equipment that their level doesn't currently afford them in tournaments, or that equipment should be opened up for all players of that tier.

Second... yes, the multi-accounters.  Someone mentioned that WGT has disabled the extra accounts of multi-accounters.  This is a good first step.  However, as more than one account is a violation of the T&C, all you are doing is taking away the account they should not have had in the first place.  That is like taking the money back from a bank robber then letting him go.  Players that violate the T&C by creating multiple accounts NEED to have ALL their accounts disabled, not just the extra one.  If these players that decided it was a good idea to cheat the Amateur tier players with a second account suddenly found their (Legend, TM, Master) account deactivated permanently as well, it would give the others pause.  If someone is found having multiple accounts, they should be banned, period.  Not just have the illegal account taken away.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 12:39 PM

Here we sit again talking about the "cheaters"........they are out there for sure. Some have been caught. I have given up on the fact that this game will ever be 100% fair because of this as WGT seems to need us to provide a guarantee to them that we have found a cheater. Well i can't give them that info.....but i do know of several instances of cheating that have been caught and dealt with. The thing that gets me is that we as players are the ones giving them the info they need to prove a cheat has happened......I have not heard of one cheat actually caught by WGT. So in the end we are policing the game ourselves....yet when we make a mention of a suspected cheat we are punished for not being able to prove this. I find the whole situation a little ironic....my best suggestion to all is look carefully at individuals stats and make your best guess before you put a wager on the table.

In the end we are kind of like sitting ducks to the cheaters and they will continue to take liberties on us as WGT does not seem able to come up with measures to address these situations. The game needs a complete overhaul in order to accomplish this and WGT is not going to dip in to their pockets to fix this problem. In the meantime happy golfing and try not to get screwed by the cheaters......

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 12:59 PM

Wontonamo:

imo those programs are useless - the biggest cheats in wgt are the multiaccounters who dont tier up but instead level up and play mpcs for credits. just my opinion.

Yep, but more fool masters to legends that play these hacks. They see it as an easy way to win credits and then find themselves duped. Those that can't accept that whine on here. For example: a self-respecting legend should play MPCs against Legends/TMs/ and mouthy Masters. What are they and TMs doing scraping the toilet bowl playing hacks.

The cheaters are the sandbaggers that pst very low scores in tiered tournaments so that honest hacks, amateurs etc. can't compete for credits in their tiers. TBF a 64 or 65 - at best a 63 should win a RG in those tiers. I have been on here a year and I am a level 88 TM - My best scores are 60 and 29 - both on STA - no way a hack or amateur should be beating that in a single play tourno.  

To WGT's shame they do nothing to penalise a hack going around a course in 58 or under 30 in a 9. And that is the huge beef most of us have with WGT.

Every amateur and hack that posts that someone in their tier is cleaning up with silly low scores has every right to complain. As long as WGT continue to ignore them, then more people will leave the site.

Easy fix. A hack posts a 65 or less or 33 or less they move up a tier. An amateur 64 or 32 up a tier. A pro 63 or 31 up a tier. Tour Pro 62 or 30 up a tier. The other tier have to be earnt. 

Sandbaggers get one chance per tier to rape the system. 

Then, WGT have to try and identify multiple accouts. But if people move up the moment they post a great score - maybe even some of the sandbaggers will get bored. The only reason to saty is if Legends continue to think they can fleece them for credits. Then I have no sympathy. 

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 1:04 PM

thebigeasy707:

all it takes is practise and more practise. the harder you try and get to know the swings of the greens then the easier it becomes.....no cheating involved at all.

tbe

Yep, that's me too. Although I haven't quite got to where you have with BP. And Oak gets rarely played - as I need to guard my credits.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2011 1:14 PM

Funny... I too find BethPage my best course.  I'm much better there than Oakmont or Kiawah, though of late I have been playing SA so well, it's probably between SA and BPB where my first sub 30 or 60 will come.

• sticky4488
    15 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 8:26 AM

very well put mrshaza i am with u all the mate im in the same position and have been for over a year now 

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:53 PM

I see a few players here  think it's unfair that a player that started here a long time ago, took some time off and are now back using equipment they bought fair and square back when it was available to them, should not be allowed to use it. This is just plain stupid to think they should give it up. They were just lucky enough to have found WGT before they changed things here.  How would you feel if you logged in tomorrow and had and empty bag, and a notice from WGT that said the " WGT has made some changes to the level system and your equipment now is above your level". So now all those nice clubs you spent your hard earned money on are gone. You'd be so mad you'd quit, wouldn't you. Well it's the same thing for them. Asking them to give up equipment is the single dumbest thing i've read in the fourms yet.

RSS