Forums

Help › Forums

CHEATERS!

Wed, Dec 7 2011 7:53 PM (127 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2011 8:40 AM

Sticky seems to get hypnotized during game-play by anyone playing better then he does. And judging by his grammar and spelling, he's still under a hypnotic state when he writes a post. After-all, didn't the English speaking language derive from England?

Sorry for going off this ridiculous topic of cheating.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2011 9:34 AM

I looked up another post about people getting accused of cheating or using a software called cheat engine 6, i looked up that software just now to see what people were on about, and i found it is only used for games on your cpu it doesn't work on online games, so how are people ment to cheat then?  Because if your a computer whizz and are able to make your own software to cheat, then you would be in silicon valley working all day not playing WGT!!

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 5:00 PM

C,,,you have heard my *** before....Explain to me,,,,When I play a Blitz...after I hit a plunker, and then awarded the BIG O for the shot...I play the green on the next shot,,,and am not afforded the " Double Up "  bonus? As a matter of fact,  had a player get a double bonus after scoring over 3,000 points on his previous shot...And guess what,,,this bonus, came on the last hole,,,giving him enough to win the match! ,,, All to obvious,,,I ***,,,so no more extra points for the great recovery....Yet,,,I see them awarded in my matches....

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2011 6:25 PM

Yo Ace,,,No set-ups here???? Well I play almost everyday....So I'll use just this one example that tells me more then enough about the controls on the sight....Its the Blitz,,,where you hit a pin w/t approach shot,,,maga points...Yet, I have witnessed more approach shots right on the hole (rounders) that don't get a piece of the pin...Believe in actual golf,,,nearly an impossible feat... So another,,,all of a sudden,,,after I hit the clunker and score the BIG 0 on a hole...I can't rewarded for the Bonus recovery shot on the nrxt hole...Yet,,tonight I lost a Blitz...because the other player doubled uip, after scoring 4,000 points on his previous hole...Way to Funky,,,could understand,,,if there was not the rule of invest for a better game...$$$ has not done a thing to improve my,,,game...TO OBVIOUS/

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Mon, Mar 7 2011 5:46 AM

I wish I understood some of these posts... or maybe I don't!  The ones I don't understand all seem to be from those that are doing the complaining; no punctuation, too much punctuation, (very) bad spelling, (very) bad grammar, etc, etc, etc.

I'm getting a headache!  I'm going to play some golf.

• Fatherbrown
    282 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2011 11:52 PM

Well put Lizzie, and I beleive you know a whole heap about biology.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2011 6:09 PM

MioKontic:
    (very) bad spelling, (very) bad grammar, etc, etc, etc.

Mio,

Technically it's "poor grammar".  Couldn't agree with your post more though.  Just had to have some fun with you.  Maybe I'll see you on the link as these posts make my head spin.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2011 4:23 PM

sticky4488:

aney player with 1 starter club or more in there bag are playing the cheet mode and i mean aney starter

even putter

Hi

1st post :-)

I just reached Tour Master and I still use a Beginner putter not because I am cheating but because I am pants at hitting the ding unless it is crawling at 1mph.

Tried a "better" putter and I was always missing the ding and dropping shots. Not so much of a problem with the woods / irons / wedges as missing the ding usually just means you are a few yards left / right of your target. Even so I use Calloway balls and the slowest meter speeds I can find that will still give me a decent distance so I don't lose too many balls.

PS I just got a 40 foot putt for an eagle, think the longest putt I made with that Spider putter was about 40 inches :-)

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 4:16 AM

jakestanfill7:
    Technically it's "poor grammar".

You're right, I stand corrected sir (note the spelling of 'you're' as in 'you are'... not your or ur!)  At the time of writing I knew it didn't sound right (or is that write or wright?) but when you get over 40 the brain doesn't always engage properly.

I think a lot of online gaming users should spend a lot less time playing games and a lot more time learning how to speak and write proper English!  I would put them into a 'Big Brother' environment for a few months with no internet, no mobile phones and no television.  There would be a number of writing and speech tests which would carry penalties for doing them incorrectly.

Ok, I'm ready for all the abuse from those illiterate folk on here!

jakestanfill7:
    Maybe I'll see you on the link

I'd love to have a game some time.  One can but learn from the best.

• DaveHeathcote
    90 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2011 6:15 AM

mrshazam:
    Yo Ace,,,No set-ups here???? Well I play almost everyday....So I'll use just this one example that tells me more then enough about the controls on the sight....Its the Blitz,,,where you hit a pin w/t approach shot,,,maga points...Yet, I have witnessed more approach shots right on the hole (rounders) that don't get a piece of the pin...Believe in actual golf,,,nearly an impossible feat... So another,,,all of a sudden,,,after I hit the clunker and score the BIG 0 on a hole...I can't rewarded for the Bonus recovery shot on the nrxt hole...Yet,,tonight I lost a Blitz...because the other player doubled uip, after scoring 4,000 points on his previous hole...Way to Funky,,,could understand,,,if there was not the rule of invest for a better game...$$ has not done a thing to improve my,,,game...TO OBVIOUS/

Would be good arguments if they had any basis in fact.

From some simple geometry it can be shown that there is a range of about half a ball diameter on each side of the hole that result in a 'rounder' or 'lip-out' to occur making a full ball diameter in total when considering both sides.  Range for hitting flag is ball diameter plus flagstick width, so not much more.  Then consider that balls that hit 'head on' will drop so long as they are not going too fast but ones hitting the lip will only drop if they only have a few feet (or even inches) more roll in them.  Considering all this, 'rounders' are probably at least as common as shots that hit the stick but don't drop.

On Blitz scoring, scenarios you describe could be completely legitimate.  Double points are for a lost ball, but if you lose your ball in water close to the pin you can still score points for your lost ball shot.  Conversely, you can be miles away from pin and score zero but if your ball does not end in a designated 'lost ball' area then there will be no double points next time.  I have done both of these things, certainly managing >3000pts on a lost ball then getting double points next time out, and I can assure you that I haven't the first idea how to go about cheating at this game even if I wanted to.

RSS