Forums

Help › Forums

Are Putting Woes Widespread?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 10 2016 2:34 PM (114 replies)
  • dbadeaux
    759 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 6:29 PM

I don't post very often, and complain even less, but something is amiss.

I'm by no means so good at this game that I feel if I hit a bad shot it's WGT's fault.  I have just been in a real funk putting for a couple weeks now.  I'm missing putts that I rarely miss.  

Many putts are coming up .2 short, many putts are breaking more than normal or not breaking as much as they should...have you noticed the edges of all the holes singed, that's me!!  lol

I'm just wanting to ask if anyone else has noticed that their putting has gone south recently.  If not, I guess I need to work on my putting to get back to where I used to be.  If a significant amount of people who have been here a while are also finding putting to be a little more frustrating lately, then I can stop beating the dog and wait for this cycle of abuse to end.

(*NOTE--PETA people, I don't have a dog and if I did, I wouldn't really beat him out of frustration from a game.)

Thanks,

Duke

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 7:16 PM

@the OP

I am an average putter at best..tried many different putters before settling on the Versa. I putt better with it, but still have many close misses. I know in real golf, even the pros get stale with a putter and switch out..see it all the time. Do you suppose WGT is coded to behave the same way?...it makes sense on a monetary level, as we would probably try different putters or balls to right the ship.

I'm not suggesting it's the answer, but perhaps rent a different putter for a bit, or wait until the free rental weekend. If your putts are singing the edges, it may be just the thing to help get your feel back.

ct

• jenwren
    2,729 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 7:28 PM

Yep me too.  

• TopShelf2010
    10,899 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 7:29 PM

• RoggRR
    627 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 8:35 PM

dbadeaux:

I'm by no means so good at this game that I feel if I hit a bad shot it's WGT's fault.  I have just been in a real funk putting for a couple weeks now.  I'm missing putts that I rarely miss.  

Many putts are coming up .2 short, many putts are breaking more than normal or not breaking as much as they should...have you noticed the edges of all the holes singed, that's me!!  lol

I'm just wanting to ask if anyone else has noticed that their putting has gone south recently....

it started from 1 of latest wgt updates, few weeks ago

dots moving is wrong, can't read it correctly

• dbadeaux
    759 Posts
    Fri, Jul 1 2016 10:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  Speed and breaks just seem to be off, and I realize that it could just be me that's a hair off, but why all of a sudden....you know?

RoggRR:

it started from 1 of latest wgt updates, few weeks ago

dots moving is wrong, can't read it correctly

But anyway, even with all the frustration of not being able to sink birdie putts that were once a given, I still thoroughly enjoy this and will be slamming my mouse and letting out yelps of bad language until I resolve my putting woes.  

Regards,

Duke 

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 2:55 PM

I have been thinking the same thing recently, i have never had so many lip outs as i have the last 3 to 4 weeks, maybe the dots have changed, can't say i have noticed too much difference, maybe it's just me, seems i'm not the only one suffering though

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 3:08 PM

groundsage:

Most of these replays are from WGT tournaments (none from CC tourneys), or occurred playing with others.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=410e372c-afe5-4be0-a45d-a63801685aa2

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=154f77fe-37a8-4c10-a608-a638007d3665

I watched the first 3 replays -

1. Hit way, way too hard, lipped out and missed.

2. Hit slightly too hard and slightly offline, went wide and missed.

3. Hit slightly too hard and slightly offline, went wide and missed.

There is nothing wrong with how the putting is working in the game. Two or three game-blamers agreeing there is a problem does not make it real. (...and there's always one who says 'it's since the last update' lmao).
    I am an averagely decent legend,  today I carded a 28 and a 60, if their was a WGT wide putting problem I couldn't possibly have made those scores.
    Glad to help.
  • mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Mon, Jul 4 2016 4:03 PM

PaulTon:

groundsage:

Most of these replays are from WGT tournaments (none from CC tourneys), or occurred playing with others.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=410e372c-afe5-4be0-a45d-a63801685aa2

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=154f77fe-37a8-4c10-a608-a638007d3665

I watched the first 3 replays -

1. Hit way, way too hard, lipped out and missed.

2. Hit slightly too hard and slightly offline, went wide and missed.

3. Hit slightly too hard and slightly offline, went wide and missed.

There is nothing wrong with how the putting is working in the game. Two or three game-blamers agreeing there is a problem does not make it real. (...and there's always one who says 'it's since the last update' lmao).
    I am an averagely decent legend,  today I carded a 28 and a 60, if their was a WGT wide putting problem I couldn't possibly have made those scores.
    Glad to help.

Maybe the possible issue is making your bad putts go in Paul, every cloud.............

RSS