Forums

Help › Forums

Are Putting Woes Widespread?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 10 2016 2:34 PM (114 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 3:39 AM

Thank you for that well written and courteous reply.

groundsage:
    Compare notes with me after you have played another thousand more ranked rounds and after your legend average gets below 61

We are both legends, my average is 61.07, yours is 60.91!! LMFAO!! Ohmasides!!

After that little gem I won't  be taking any of your nonsense seriously champ!

Your attempt to belittle my gaming skills is hilarious. You may be be marginally better than me (not a given) at this game and you might have played more ranked rounds but you forgot to mention the 3000+ more alt shots I have played compared to you.

Eloquent as your post was, you added nothing to support your claim. In fact you have just made yourself look a little more ridiculous.

e.g. This from your profile -

Whether or not the ball falls in appears to be based upon covert criteria.  After watching so many videos in which this kind of putt falls in for some players and not for others, what is one to think?  Maybe I need to first spend money on a more expensive ball, one a little more susceptible to gravity?  

Here's a screenshot of the putt you described above -

OOPS! THERE GOES YOUR CREDIBILITY!

Carry on blaming the game, I'm sure it will make things easier for you.

When you can snatch the ball marker from my hand you are ready to leave Grasshopper.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 8:41 AM

PaulTon:

lonniescott711:
    But we do know that WGT has the ability to alter the game settings so why are you acting like its something so new or unheard of .

Yes I know they tweak settings but the idea that they don't do it across the board for all players sounds like paranoid nonsense to me. This is not 1984 and WGT is not Big Brother.

As I said earlier I could invent a putting/rough/wind glitch thread and 20 game blamers would post saying the same thing is happening to them.

I see that you love to take snipets from a persons thread and twist them to your point of view as always . Yeah you could invent a post on game errors but if you use issues that actually happen in the game then you didnt invent anything all you would have done is posted a thread full of lies . So once again as we have had this conversation before , just because its not happening to you doesnt mean that its not happening .

Yes WGT is BIG BROTHER and in the T/Cs they tell you that they have the right to change and alter the performance of your clubs and the game anytime they wish too and do so without informing you or us as players . Also dont forget the new and latest security sweeps now added to the game . So yes they are watching .

So yes the game is off and the putting is off as well as the clubs in some cases arent playing as accurate as they normally are . Maybe they turned up the VEM / Deviation since the Virtual Open is going on and its affecting the overall game . After 5 years of playing everyday and they are`nt one holers I can tell that something is wrong or different with the game .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 9:18 AM

lonniescott711:
    Yes WGT is BIG BROTHER and in the T/Cs they tell you that they have the right to change and alter the performance of your clubs and the game anytime they wish too and do so without informing you or us as players . Also dont forget the new and latest security sweeps now added to the game . So yes they are watching .

I know all of that and, yes, they could be watching but they're not sitting round a table discussing plans to increase LonnieScott's circle of precision on his irons or deciding to increase the deviation on wind speed and directon or tweaking the speeds of his grid dots.

The tweaks in gameplay happen and are set by WGT, we all know that and adjust accordingly. Adapt to the change, or are you saying it is now impossible to make a successful putt due to these perceived changes?

Do you really believe WGT have changed the parameters of putting for your player and not mine? You say this a new thing, possibly since an update?, a targeted change in how the putting fundamentally works? 

I have been playing for five and a half years and have played a combined total amount of MP/stroke/alt shot rounds of 8,821. I have a very good feel for the overall gameplay and there is nothing out of the ordinary happening to my game or the gameplay experienced by people I play with daily.

If you 'know' differently could you tell us what it is they are doing and how they are doing it and, more importantly, why would they?

p.s. Did you like the tune?  ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 1:27 PM

californiacutie:

WGT is doing something . I leave 4-5  putts per round  a ft or less short  .And yes i hit them harder than normal.  They might have tinkered with green speeds??? Who knows. WGT lovers fire away.

And this is based on playing the game for a week?

1 ranked round, no three putts - man, there are some fast learners these days. At least you are not begging for balls......and not a WGT lover, just being objective.

Edit - an aside but who knows, may be related...it always amuses me when average red tee legends come back, but instead of being a big fish in a small pond, still struggle to assert any dominance.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 1:48 PM

alanti:

Edit - an aside but who knows, may be related...it always amuses me when average red tee legends come back, but instead of being a big fish in a small pond, still struggle to assert any dominance.

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark :-)

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 1:54 PM

Stop snipet trolling Paulie its very unbecoming to you as others have already pointed out both here and in other threads . I dont do banter rounds as its not that important . I play for free so really could care less . So if you are bored then go play a round but leave the trolling alone . Trolling is for kids and no I didnt view your video had no need to .

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 2:28 PM

• groundsage
    184 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 6:27 PM

PaulTon:

Thank you for that well written and courteous reply.

groundsage:
    Compare notes with me after you have played another thousand more ranked rounds and after your legend average gets below 61

We are both legends, my average is 61.07, yours is 60.91!! LMFAO!! Ohmasides!!

After that little gem I won't  be taking any of your nonsense seriously champ!

Your attempt to belittle my gaming skills is hilarious. You may be be marginally better than me (not a given) at this game and you might have played more ranked rounds but you forgot to mention the 3000+ more alt shots I have played compared to you.

Eloquent as your post was, you added nothing to support your claim. In fact you have just made yourself look a little more ridiculous.

e.g. This from your profile -

Whether or not the ball falls in appears to be based upon covert criteria.  After watching so many videos in which this kind of putt falls in for some players and not for others, what is one to think?  Maybe I need to first spend money on a more expensive ball, one a little more susceptible to gravity?  

Here's a screenshot of the putt you described above -

OOPS! THERE GOES YOUR CREDIBILITY!

Carry on blaming the game, I'm sure it will make things easier for you.

When you can snatch the ball marker from my hand you are ready to leave Grasshopper.

Hi Paul,

There was no mention in my post that I am a better player than you, and especially do I not have any way of measuring that, and more specifically, I do not regard myself as a "better" player than anyone.  A lot of people I play with prevail against me, even though they have a higher, and some significantly higher averages. 

Instead the point  was that I have putted more than 25,000 putts than you have putted in ranked rounds.  As you point out, you have played 3,000 more alt shot games than me.  The issue that I am addressing has nothing to do with alt shot, it is an issue about putting behavior in tournament ranked games, 

As for the picture you posted, thank you.  Whether or not it lends to my credibility does not matter to me.  I posted the replays for the purpose of others who care to see what I saw.  It is an individual judgement call, and it is not my point to change people's mind about what they see in those videos, but my point to get feedback about the videos.  Thank you for yours.  And please know that it is not my point to belittle anyone who does not agree that the ball should have gone in the hole.

And as for what you wrote about making myself look ridiculous, I've never cared about that in my life.  Since you bring it up, I suspect that is why you responded the way that you did, fear of looking ridiculous. 

After you have putted another 25,000 putts in ranked rounds you might be qualified to see what I am illustrating.  So stands to reason that you have the opinion you have. 

Happy to be a grasshopper, with over 55,000 putts in ranked rounds.  gs

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 4:27 AM

Obviously putting woes are not widespread or there wouldn't be players breaking 30 and 60 regularly.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2016 5:40 AM

groundsage:

What happens then, I'm only 0.07 away from it? Does the putting glitch kick in? LMAO

groundsage:
    And as for what you wrote about making myself look ridiculous, I've never cared about that in my life.  Since you bring it up, I suspect that is why you responded the way that you did, fear of looking ridiculous.

Nah, if you've read any of my posts you would know that I am the embodiment of ridiculous. A badge I wear with pride.

groundsage:
    After you have putted another 25,000 putts in ranked rounds you might be qualified to see what I am illustrating.

Could be 25,000 more misses than me. Means nothing.

If there was a game wide putting problem it would have an effect on the scores in tournaments, it hasn't, ergo...

RSS