Forums

Help › Forums

Are Putting Woes Widespread?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 10 2016 2:34 PM (114 replies)
  • reddevil16
    273 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 6:16 AM

Just played the second game of the day ( Or tried to) again two lip out from 8ft, sitters no breaks dead center, just about enough pace to get there and BINGO here we go again, this is not getting funny. no more ball buying until they sort this out. will just plod away with starter and get my daily  points.

Sorry Donald

Russ

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 7:35 AM

From time to time wgt will increase or decrease the green speeds. Its their prerogative. I have had the same problem. it happens. Have fun. 

• reddevil16
    273 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 8:44 AM

Hi Lonnie

I deduce you have deep pockets Have fun

Russ

We do notice the green speeds by the way and adjust accordingly

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 10:48 AM

reddevil16:

Hi Lonnie

Russ

So do you believe WGT are interfering with your putts? Why is it not happening to everyone?

I take all of these threads with a generous pinch of salt.

I could start a thread describing a game fault which I have invented and there would still be people coming on saying it's happening to them too.

Game blamers of the world unite!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 11:23 AM

PaulTon:

reddevil16:

Hi Lonnie

Russ

So do you believe WGT are interfering with your putts? Why is it not happening to everyone?

I could start a thread describing a game fault which I have invented and there would still be people coming on saying it's happening to them too.

Game blamers of the world unite!

Could it be that its being done based on tiers and random selection ? If it were being done to all tiers at the same time think of the overall  complaints that would be going on .But we do know that WGT has the ability to alter the game settings so why are you acting like its something so new or unheard of .

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 11:41 AM

Some days putts drop, some days they don't. Just like real golf. In real golf the putts start to drop when you read them & strike them better. Here is no different. 

I normally ding around 90% of my putts. If that drops to 75% then i'm going to miss more. Simple as that.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 2:43 PM

I am by no means a great putter, but, after factoring out tinfoil hat wear from gamma rays an' beta particles, the alien mind control seems to have me missing more putts as of late. I'm pretty sure it's just a phase shift in cognitive reactionary timing that should correct itself shortly. It's either that or I'm completely bonkers.

Doc :)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2016 7:38 AM

lonniescott711:
    But we do know that WGT has the ability to alter the game settings so why are you acting like its something so new or unheard of .

Yes I know they tweak settings but the idea that they don't do it across the board for all players sounds like paranoid nonsense to me. This is not 1984 and WGT is not Big Brother.

As I said earlier I could invent a putting/rough/wind glitch thread and 20 game blamers would post saying the same thing is happening to them.

• groundsage
    184 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2016 9:36 PM

RE:  " . . .So do you believe WGT are interfering with your putts? Why is it not happening to everyone?

Game blamers of the world unite!"

----------------------------------------------------

Could the above attitude be an example of what we might coin as a, "Paulieannaton?"

I guess it means that there is nothing wrong with the program, only something wrong with the player?

To whom it may concern:

Please stick to the topic instead of bashing players that have demonstrated that they would like to have a discussion about possible program discrepencies relevant to putting.  Programs are not perfect, and many experts about programming agree that they can't do anything about problems they don't know about.  Some of us think that is how the forums help achieve a better program. 

Moreover, I've played enough games to have earned the right to express my observations without having to be regarded as a "game blamer;" and, nor do I appreciate my comments being characterized as such.  I provided visual evidence relevant to the topic which you admit had not seen all-- but only a part.  If you are not interested in viewing all of the presented evidence, a courteous gesture would be to keep your opinion to yourself.  Any fixed ideas that you hold are limitations of your growth. You seem to be fixed on this idea that everyone is wrong except for you.  Compare notes with me after you have played another thousand more ranked rounds and after your legend average gets below 61, -- perhaps in a couple of more years, at the rate you are decending? 

Had you not been such a conversation stopper, you may have learned something from discussion by others who have hit such numbers, perhaps from those who have transcended the negative part of the experience altogether; and we may have all learned something new from those having gone before us.  Instead, your egocentric need to be heard turns out to be an opinion by someone who has not been there yet, and still has a long way to go and generally imposing an opinion about nothing relevant to the topic of the ball failing to go in the hole.  And as you might notice, your comments discourage further discussion when you offer nothing to read but nit wit, shallow remarks about complainers.

If you don't have anything to express but sarcasm for the respondees to the topic, it would be more courteous of you than I am now, if you would simply express your sarcasm to only those interested, such as opening your own topic about game complainers.

You replied to my post with a message that you have not had the same experience as I have had.  You would have done well to stop there.  But bashing subsequent writers who took the time to share what they have experienced and ridiculing them for their observations is pathetic behavior that deserves to be admonished.

gs

• californiacutie
    73 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2016 3:09 AM

WGT is doing something . I leave 4-5  putts per round  a ft or less short  .And yes i hit them harder than normal.  They might have tinkered with green speeds??? Who knows. WGT lovers fire away.

RSS