Help › Forums

56's on congressional

Sun, May 22 2011 2:43 PM (85 replies)
  • troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 6:08 AM

MBaggese:

hooks4u2:

I would love to see with my own eyes how someone could shoot those low scores. Would someone please share the cheat with me, or at least have someone video you while your playing the game and post it . That,s 1 instructional video i,d love to have....... sorry if i offended anyones integrity.

Yes, I'll share...

Play, play, play.

There's your cheat.

You whinny bi tchy babies...geez, I played the course 3 times with starter balls and went 71, 67, 64.

Whiney ;little babies crying cheat.

Give me a break.

Oh...need a tissue?

i wasnt calling anyone a cheat at all just the scores are unreal :)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 6:40 AM

It's not really that unrealistic.   I've started about 30 games .... unless I birdie the first 3 holes I don't even continue (I know it's not "real golf" to restart but ... that's what "Unlimited Play" can do for you).  Taking into account all of the rounds I've finished I've birdied every hole somewhere along the line .... even eagled 5 and 6 .... so I have the ability for a 51 ... and yet my best round is 63.    I'll never put it all together but I think I can get to 60 or maybe even a 59 over time.

I've played with most of the folks on the leader board and I can tell you .... they aren't that good every game, I'm sure they have played the course at least 3 or 4 times before posting the low low rounds.   Remember ---- this is UNLIMITED --- and extremely easy conditions --- no winds and slower than normal greens.  You'll see a difference in the finals.   Heck - just play a ranked round and you'll see a difference.

I'll grind a game a game or 2 during the week and more on the weekend trying to make the cut ... 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 6:46 AM

hooks4u2:

guess i hit a nerve ..........ouch  i noticed that we are in the same country club feel free to play in some of my hosted tourney,s and show your skills ...... we play for credits btw

I just scored a 58, does that make me a cheat? or maybe a decent player? Choice is yours, i know my concious is clear, and if you need to invite me to play to see for yourself, feel free....

And Ivetri is right, Because i'd allready scored 61, but feel unsafe with that score from the dreaded cut, If i wasn't -2 by hole #4, then there's no point in carrying on and wasting a ball, you need at least -5/-6 for front 9 to score low.

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 6:58 AM

There is your new tier WGT.  The Cheater tier.

Anyone who has made the cut at this time should be moved up and disqualified.   Hurry up and get it done WGT.

.....then maybe my 65 will be enough to qualify.....so yeah......get right on that please.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 7:12 AM

Lvietri nailed it.

• Gutterguy
    7 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 7:53 AM

I love the WGT but I have played Congressional about 50 times.  My lowest score is 65.  I have tried and tried to qualify and it just isn;t possible.  I miss putts buy 2 and 4 inches regularily.  In order to get lower some of these must go in..  How can anyone shoot in the 50;s.  This must mean that all of thier putts go in.  Why theirs and not mine?  At least make it fair for everyone.  Look up my stats.  Im not just crying over sour grapes here.  It isn't fair.  I have tried and tried and tried and I cant get any ower than 65.  you explain it to me, ok.  59, ya right..  Like someone else said, I'd love to watch it happen as i too am convinced it is not possible.  Maybe let some of us, who obviously arent 50's shooters, be allowed to compete as well.

Seriously confused,

Gutterguy

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 8:11 AM

Put it this way - if you dont grind on courses like a machine you aint making the cut. Bollox showed me a replay yesterday where he put the ball within 1 yd on hole 2 off the tee.....just showed what is possible if you have the top equipment and skill. Still made me want to give up tho lol

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 8:59 AM

All comes down to meter reflexes for me and focus.......I tend to take the short putts for granted and it usually bites me in the bum.

When I take my time I can hit some pretty nice shots but must have some A.D.D. or something ;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 9:08 AM

hpurey:
    .I tend to take the short putts for granted and it usually bites me in the bum.

I call it lazy putting and it's my biggest fault. 

hpurey:
    When I take my time I can hit some pretty nice shots but must have some A.D.D. or something ;)

Ever notice how you play much better in AS than you do by yourself? I haven't figured out how to stay focussed either.  :-(

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 9:21 AM

Gutterguy:
    This must mean that all of thier putts go in.  Why theirs and not mine? 

Bollox hit the nail on the head the other day, and it's spot on.  He said "that to score low you need to make the 20 foot putts as often as average Jo shmo legend makes 10 footers."

When i scored my 58, i was sinking all my putts which were 12 foot, i even got 2 25 footers, which is important because you're not going to land within 4 yards of the pin with long irons all the time.  I even got a few lucky breaks aswell, like overshooting #14, and taking a de-tour around the bowl above the pin and rolling back down to within a yard, and on hole 17, i overshot the pin, but ball rolled back down the green to within a yard again.

Now my putting has improved, my whole scores have got better.  I sink 12+ footers as often as 5 footers.  So when you adjust to breaks better, the long putts tend to go in (and my ghost putter is also spot on, much better than my old redwood & Rossa)

RSS