Forums

Help › Forums

Race to Legend.....

Mon, Jan 27 2014 9:21 PM (162 replies)
  • spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:22 AM

I just turned Legend ,, It,s kind  of a bitter sweet pill to swallow, because now i have to purchase one or two more clubs to deal with the distance , and now  all the holes look different to me , Where before it was like i was on autopilot, after all the rounds i played it was like second nature to me . One ? i thought when i turned Legend my average reset to 67, but its still at 60 .  Any advice from the Legends out here would be very helpfull.  So i guess now the real work begins .

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:49 AM

spraypantscorona:

I just turned Legend ,, It,s kind  of a bitter sweet pill to swallow, because now i have to purchase one or two more clubs to deal with the distance , and now  all the holes look different to me , Where before it was like i was on autopilot, after all the rounds i played it was like second nature to me . One ? i thought when i turned Legend my average reset to 67, but its still at 60 .  Any advice from the Legends out here would be very helpfull.  So i guess now the real work begins .

if u shoot, for example, a 32 on your 1st round as Legend, ur avg will go to 64, etc .. u get the picture .. your avg will reset yes, but u gotta play a ranked round 1st ..

you'll have a whole new view on all the courses u play .. u'll get used to it .. besides, it's more scenic .. 

get used to using your long irons into the greens & plenty of 200yd + par 3's .. 

as u said, now the real work begins .. but have fun with it, don't worry too much about your avg right now .. course mngmnt will be important now .. 

and congrats .. u playin' off the tips now .. thats sayin' somethin'

• spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:19 AM

Ouch!!!!!!!!!  you were not kidding , just shot a 35 , and my average went from 60 to 65 . guess i,m going to have put a lot more though into my game . MAN WHAT A WAKE UP CALL.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:56 AM

spraypantscorona:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!  you were not kidding , just shot a 35 , and my average went from 60 to 65 . guess i,m going to have put a lot more though into my game . MAN WHAT A WAKE UP CALL.

lol .. yup, goin' Legend is possibly the toughest promotion ..

but it's the place to be IMO .. u'll get the hang of it soon enough .. trust me, your game will improve & become even better from where it was @ TM .. give it some time ..

it'll come together .. u'll drop those scores again .. just stick to it .. it can be frustrating, believe me, i know .. but a whole lot more rewarding too .. 

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:42 PM

Ive just kicked on through to legend tier, played my first round as a legend in a cabo front 9 RG, shot 5 under and I dont think i'll be in the money....

thats a wake-up call lol

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 12:33 AM

chris5214:
    you'll have a whole new view on all the courses u play .. u'll get used to it .. besides, it's more scenic .. 

wayyyy more scenic lol!

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:14 PM

Congratulations, Andrew.  I think there's probably even more legend shock ahead of you.  Been a couple of weeks for me, and I'm still wondering where those par 4s went that I used to drive.  Someone also snuck in a 670 yard par 5 (or thereabouts).  No need to ask WGT for new courses; just back up on the tees. ;-)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:00 PM

Congrats to all the Legends.

It really is not that bad.

• spraypantscorona
    121 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 1:21 PM

Well  yes and no,,,  a few days for me and  i have to say ,,, NOT what i expected ,, but then what is , to put it simply its hard , but then anything worthwhile just does not drop  in ones lap , We earned the spot of Legend and now we have up our game .  Hell one has to have a challenge otherwise what would be the point . ....... I for one will not go silently into the deep dark night .

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:29 AM

I dont think its too bad actually, it just means you can no longer approach every hole with full backspin, and you need to learn approaches with 3-5 irons and the 3-wood, rather than just lower irons and wedges.. I quite like the black tees actually

RSS