Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:51 AM

Be careful what you say on here, guys, I hear the moderators are keeping a close eye on this thread! .)

I take it this doesn´t change things, niv, the tournament continues as planned? 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 12:08 PM

Nope, this doesn't change a thing except I might be a little slower to get results up than I use to be.  My responsibilities to WGT come first of course, but I'm certainly not going to forget about you guys.

WGT was gracious enough to recognize the commitment that I've made to all 32 players in this league (and the 8 alternates), so they are allowing me to finish what I've started here.  Please note that my administration of this tournament is considered 'off the clock' time.  Please also note that this tournament is still NOT sponsored or sanctioned by WGT.  Regular old nivlac is still running this tournament, not WGTniv.

From now on this thread will be the only place where you will see postings from this account.  After this is done, this account won't be used much, if at all.  At that point it will probably be necessary to pass the Community Tournament torch to someone else.

As far as WMPL goes, get those unplayed matches in folks, 2.5 days to go!!  Thanks to everyone who knocked out their match in a timely manner already!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:53 AM

Although I´m sure there are a lot of people willing to do this, it´s the saddest lines in the history of this forum:

"it will probably be necessary to pass the Community Tournament torch to someone else"

It´s an honour to take part in the last great Nivlac tournament.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:37 PM

A few more results in today.  They have been posted to the scoreboard.

All National Conference matches for this week have been completed, so we have 1 full week of standings on that side.  Thank you all =)

2 International Conference matches still left to be played.  I'm aware of the villadeoro/flocke situation, but I haven't really heard anything on the seveking/cappiest match.  How's that coming along?

Tomorrow @ 11:59EST is the deadline for Week 1 (so just over 30 hours left to play from the time of this post).  Please get those matches in or they will be subject to a decision!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 3:19 AM
    Don´t worry, we arranged our match last week, we´re playing today.
  • villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 3:33 AM

you know that i try to play with flocke but i think that its complicated. i post another invitation on his wall and  then see what happens.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 9:19 PM

Week 2 is now officially underway!

The scoreboard link now points to Week 2.  You can find the Week 1 results by clicking on the tab in the top left hand corner of the scoreboard.

Couple of interesting nuggets from Week 1:

-  Home course advantage was an advantage with home players going 9 - 6 overall excluding the unplayed match.

-  Both 16th place qualifiers won their first match.

-  Kiawah Island was the course of choice, hosting 9 of the 16 matches.

That's all for now everybody!  Remember that the deadline for Week 2 results is Sunday, February 21st @ 11:59PM EST!

Hope everyone is enjoying the WMPL so far and good luck with your Week 2 matches!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:42 PM

Already half of the matches for Week 2 have been submitted and all of those results have been posted.  Some real surprising wins this week and some early unexpected division leaders, but that's why we play the matches!

Good luck to the rest of you yet to play! =)

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 7:18 AM
    Awesome job so far Niv, great job with the scoreboards & even commentary, lol.
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:48 PM

Week 2 of the World Match Play League is nearly wrapped up with 15 of the 16 matches in the books already.  We are just waiting on the Kosei82/cody6202000 match in the National Conference.  Any word on when that's going down?

A big thanks to all the international players for completing the week already!

RSS