Forums

Help › Forums

Profile names

Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:33 AM (190 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 4:11 AM

I'm curious at how everybody has come up with there profile names (apart from the obvious)

Mine is Mantis (I still don't know why I put the numbers at the end) and it's nick name given to me by my cricket club when I first started playing about 20+ years ago.

It was a stinking hot day at my first training session, so I rocked up in t-shirt and shorts, I have colored skin and was a bit skinny back then.. 

So from then on they called me a, Big Brown Stick Insect....lol.... hence the word Mantis.

Cheers

Roger

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:16 AM

Ok, mine is a little bit stupid to be honest. When i signed up, i didnt realise how big WGT was, and i was sitting there typing in names like "number 1", and so on. Thing was all the names i typed where all taken. So i then thought, hang on, 2 - 1 = 1 (Number 1) so i went for that,and spelled it instead of the numbers. Simple and easy really, but if i knew i was going to get hooked on the game, i would have came up with another name, lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:23 AM

DUH!    ;-)

I have 2 favorites that on the surface could be legit either way-straight ahead or in the mirror.................Eivets and Renniw.  

• michalla
    398 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:24 AM

Hi Roger

I  also have to answer, my name is MICHAL
    and when I entered MICHAL, so it was not, I have added l
    also not, and finally la
    MICHAL, and daughter  MICHAELA and it originated  Czech Republic MICHALLA

but as came up with a profile, for example? ............ not rather let it be
    , there are interesting names

Cheers   MICHAL

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:38 AM

I'm boring.     First initial and last name.

I use it a lot hard to forget ;-)

Hp

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 7:09 AM

Well, my name is Kristian, and Kriztjan is just a rewrite that i did playing Diablo in like 1999, use it ever since.

So if you happen to stumble across a Kriztjan in Battlefield 3, most likely me.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 9:06 AM

Mine's an interesting one... this was before my family got broadband. My teenage daughter was on Facebook one evening, and she came up to me and asked for a cool nickname while she was chatting with friends. Out of nowhere, I said SgtDoodles. That moment came to me when creating this account, so I typed in SgtDoodles as my username. I wan't taking it seriously at all ;-) had I known I would get hooked on here, I would've come up with something better ;-D

• Etonic52
    14 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 9:22 AM

Mine is from the first real pair of golf shoes i got ,,,many moons ago ,

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:13 PM

Mine is a combination of two PGA golfers. Porky Oliver, who played in the mid 1900's, and Craig Stadler, the Walrus, who is currently on the Champions tour.

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 5:49 PM

TWOMINUSONE:
    Ok, mine is a little bit stupid to be honest. When i signed up, i didnt realise how big WGT was,

All this time i was convinced TWO meant Tiger Woods Online and you had left there so -1  

You must get that all the time no doubt?

RSS