Forums

Help › Forums

Profile names

Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:33 AM (190 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:12 AM

My profile name is a tribute to Steve "Sting" Borden. A great wrestler but more importantly a great Christian man.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:19 AM

borntobesting:

My profile name is a tribute to Steve "Sting" Borden. A great wrestler but more importantly a great Christian man.

For the longest time my eyes played tricks on me and I thought you were born to be testing, like as in a beta game. It wasn't until somebody called you Sting that I read closer and slower. LOL  Sorry.  ;-)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:33 AM

borntobesting:

And all this time I thought you were a Police fan!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:35 AM

robdelahunty:

MBaggese:
    easy..first initial, last name.

Hey Dipwad,I wrongly assumed your name had something to do with bio-fuel,so call me a dipwad instead Mr B.

Well, I do pass gas..natural fuel, right?

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 9:37 AM

Good thread this :-)

Mine came from when I started online gaming in MechWarrior 4.  My bro-in-law played it and decided to set me up my own profile, so he asked me on the spur of the moment what nickname I wanted and, being the non-creative type, I told him to just call me GlasgowCelts.  I ended up joining a clan in MW4, and everyone in it started calling me 'Glas' for short so i've tried to use that for any games since then.  Whenever 'Glas' has been taken, I add on either '67' or '1967', which is the year Glasgow Celtic won the Big Cup :-)

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:40 PM

As a muso I play in a couple of 'serious' bands.To lighten up and have some fun,two of my closest friends and I formed a three-piece 'house band'.

We called it the Nanny State (sort of a nod to Big Brother) and built a fully appointed music studio/bar to play in out back of our house.

Nanny plays originals,covers and pretty much whatever we darn well want.We were playing a few local pub and winery gigs up until I discovered wgt lol!

As for the 'star' at the end. . . well,you don't have to be a star to think you're one :)

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:52 PM

Pretty neat thread going here. 

I wanted to use what my Dad called me from childhood  but really thought dammit would be inappropriate, so I took an unusual spelling of my favorite nutritional item from my delicate senior years, hence, Phiber

I sure do wish the foks that  came up with this game realize that they have created a monster.  It's addiction and does nothing for my elevated blood pressure.  I seriously do enjoy it and will enjoy it much more when I get the swing meter mastered

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:52 PM

the bubbacrusher007 is supposed to strike fear in my opponent,,,right.

Anyhow, Bubba Watson is one of my fav golfers.

He crushes it,,the way I'd like to,,or once could.

The 007 adds a nice mystery to the madness.

so lookout for me,,I have secret weapons that distroy the enemy in the stroke of a wedge. lmao

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:35 AM

borntobesting:

I've always wondered what your Golf Name meant B...  Thanks for sharing and thanks to everybody else too :)

This thread is proving to be great,  I agree with what was said earlier.. It's kind of refreshing to read something like this for a change instead of the all the complaints and hissy fits....lol

Cheers

Roger

• MBassador
    77 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 2:52 AM

Great thread this one, Mantis.

Just for the fun of it: Try to crack mine. First to do it wins ... my respect! :-)

Hint: kiss-deep-frenchlove

RIP Budman. You'll be missed.

RSS