Forums

Help › Forums

Profile names

Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:33 AM (190 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 5:29 AM

BillyTBudMan:

My name is from a guy i used to play a lot of golf with at my old club.  His name was Billy, last name started with T, and all he drank were Bud heavies.  He was the greatest guy, a little rough around the edges at times, but still the man.  The type of guy that would do anything for anybody if he could.  He would, no joke, drink like 15 - 20 buds a round sometimes and still shoot low 70's like it was nothing.  The guy would show up to the course with an open Bud in hand at 7:00 (he used to live about a minute from the course).  Got banned from one of the tournaments for for a year for taking a piss off the back of one of the tee boxes with almost half the club watching.  Now that tournament is named for him, as he passed away last year from cancer.

What a fantastic post this is... just loving how everybody has made thier names up.

My Respects to Billy T also... He sounds a bit like me, but I open a can of Jim Beam at 7am on the 1st tee, but only have another 5 in the bag...lol.... RIP Billy!

• ChronicDiarrhea
    545 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:25 AM

I was going to tell y'all about my Profile Name, but I can't right at this moment.  I need to use the restroom!!!!!! ........................(Running all the way>>>>>>>>>>)

-CD

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 6:42 PM

Darken Rahl was the evil wizard in a series of books that they made into a short-lived TV series.  At the time I first started using that name on internet forums I figured if anybody commented on it I would know we had something in common.  Nowadays, I don't know if they like the same stuff I read or just know it from the TV series but I'm too lazy to find another name.... and too old to try and remember multiple user names.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 7:36 PM

Mines pretty simple and obvious. Being the Star Wars geek that I am he is my favorite character from the movies. Back in 83' I was 4yrs old and saw Return of the Jedi in the theaters. I was hooked! Have been my favorite movies since. Even the newer ones. And Yoda had the best quote from that movie. He said "No! Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." I use it for nearly everything I need a screen name. Or some form of it anyways. Oh and the 79' as most I'm sure can guess is the year I was born. There are a few people who have something similar. Don't be fooled. I'm the real Yoda! ;-) 

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 9:23 PM

I had a friend whom plays here that introduced the game to me.  He told me all about the tiers and how the "greats" were called "legends".  Well, my competitive nature went into overdrive and I decided on "legendCrusher".  

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 10:06 PM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

I had a friend whom plays here that introduced the game to me.  He told me all about the tiers and how the "greats" were called "legends".  Well, my competitive nature went into overdrive and I decided on "legendCrusher".  

Always wondered about you, and the timeframe from the upgrade...no snivel meant, being honest.

Me...chit, easy..first initial, last name.

Mike, Mic

Mick,

Michael, Micky

dipwad...I'll answer!

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 11:42 PM

MBaggese:
    easy..first initial, last name.

Hey Dipwad,I wrongly assumed your name had something to do with bio-fuel,so call me a dipwad instead Mr B.

• jdawg39
    57 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:00 AM

Well .... I like to ride my harley all the time...so a couple of guys at the local watering hole gave me the name jdawg... real name is jason... not sure how i got the dawg attachment or what i did to deserve it..lol...dont much care for it...but its been givin to me... so it is what it is... the 39 was my age...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:35 AM

this turned out to be quite the entertaining topic.   Good read,  a change from all the !@#$%^&'ing. lol

Hp

P.s.  My next Beer will be dedicated to the Budman   R.I.P.

Cheers

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 7:45 AM

I'm cracking one open for the bud man as we speak (type?)  Yes, I know it's not even 11 am, but I don't get many weekdays off!! :)

RSS