Forums

Help › Forums

Profile names

Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:33 AM (190 replies)
  • Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 7:58 AM

Thanks Mantis...lots of work in it...full roll cage, all the side lights and door handles shaved--automatic door openers, fully removable front clip, etc, etc. It's my other hobby besides this black hole of a game...lol.  attached are a few of my other money sucking/time consuming works.....including the one representing my profile name...since this is what this post is about...before I hi-jacked it (sorry)...I have to admit, I do love my vehicles...

Miffy---thanks---the red thingy helps draw, and filter air into the engine from underneath the cowl induction hood...basically, big motors like lots of air and lots of fuel...

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 9:01 AM

Ducati916:

Can I change my user name to "IWant1"

Sweet ride D!

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 10:04 AM

Ducati916:

Miffy---thanks---the red thingy helps draw, and filter air into the engine from underneath the cowl induction hood...basically, big motors like lots of air and lots of fuel...

Oh ok that makes sense. Thank you!

Ducati916:

Ok, the black one looks cool (but BIG!), but I like the red one. The truck (we call it a bakkie here) is AWESOME!!!! (ok except the colour is boring). How many cars and motorbikes do you have????

Wait! The red one is a Ducati! Hahaha! That's where you got your name! Duhhhh Miffy.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 10:36 AM

Miffy...good catch...the red one is a Ducati  916...hence the name...I raced it for several years. The black bike is big...put together by me with various manufacturer parts and some I fabricated as well.  By motorcycle standards, it has a fully polished 113 cubic inch S & S motor with lots of internal mods and puts out lots of power and torque.The truck is satin black (I painted it about 3 years ago)...and, unfortunately, that colour is now all the rage...there is not one single piece of shiny chrome anywhere...the motor is all black and red. It's a 1950 and there is a ton of modifications to it...big engine, chopped roof, front window raked back 9 degrees, suicide doors, all emblems & trim shaved off, remote door openers, modified rear fenders for wider wheels, etc,...blah, blah, blah...boring boy stuff.

I have 2 other cars and three other bikes (Ducati's)  one of them was a gift from the Ducati dealer I raced for..(the middle one).....at first they showed me the photo I have attached and I thought it was just the new Corse edition brochure photo I had not yet seen....then they actually gave me the bike as well....incredible gift and I was floored...(of course, I probably spent $75k or more over the years in his shop)...I've known the owner for almost 30 years and Ducati awarded him the bike as a prize for sales/profits, etc.....he gave it to me....pics attached.

Zio...thanks...I'll build you one...for a nominal fee....perhaps that golden putter that the forums are all ablaze about......lol

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Oct 15 2014 11:41 PM

Wow you must have a big garage!

You raced motorbikes??? Wow that's very dangerous!

I really love the fact that there are so many interesting and talented people here!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 8:37 AM

From one of these ...

To this ..

is very talented and impressive indeed.

Ducati916:

1950 and there is a ton of modifications to it...big engine, chopped roof, front window raked back 9 degrees, suicide doors, all emblems & trim shaved off, remote door openers, modified rear fenders for wider wheels, etc,...blah, blah, blah...boring boy stuff.

... but some girls get this kind of stuff.

Zio...thanks...I'll build you one...for a nominal fee....perhaps that golden putter that the forums are all ablaze about......lol

I'll take you up on that offer when I win the golden putter ... new user name "Dreamer420"

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 11:51 AM

Luigie, those cars look the same! Ok one s blue and the other one is grey, but apart from that they are the same car!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 12:16 PM

sweetmiffy:

Luigie, those cars look the same! Ok one s blue and the other one is grey, but apart from that they are the same car!

the 2nd is a little more custom miff

• SeveHeat
    2,088 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 12:49 PM

I realize that Seve Ballesteros has been over emphasized in the past year across the pond .... (not nearly that amount here in the U.S.)

But in his honor, His game, career and personality are combined "SeveHeat".

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 1:31 PM

Golly Ducati....Very splendid ! I admire the many that eat & drink this amazing hobby. It is facinating to me. A neighbor of mine had a 1937 Buick Roadmaster, in good enough shape to consider, but after checking, I figured it would require around $80,000 or more to get it primo, so I passed...which was smart...since I only put gasoline into them. But, great job by you.....say, it seems you are from the UK (your flag) and the photographs look like Florida to me....is that where you live now?

RSS