Forums

Help › Forums

Profile names

Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:33 AM (190 replies)
  • Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 2:32 PM

Was going to ignore this thread but as getting a lot of questions about my profile name, here goes:

My uncle started playing WGT - after 2 days he gave up - I took over his account which was set up in his surname -he was a hack at lvl 149 at the time of giving up - he is now pestering me to let him have the account back - NO WAY!

Kelly, MBDTK

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 10:30 AM

spdemon:

sweetmiffy:

Luigie, those cars look the same! Ok one s blue and the other one is grey, but apart from that they are the same car!

the 2nd is a little more custom miff

ok yah it is, the doors open the wrong way and the wheels look different. And the windscreen is different, and the front silver shiny bits are different and oh ok, the 2nd car is a lot different now that I look carefully!

Is that what you guys call a truck?

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 11:55 AM

SweetiePie:

Golly Ducati....Very splendid ! I admire the many that eat & drink this amazing hobby. It is facinating to me. A neighbor of mine had a 1937 Buick Roadmaster, in good enough shape to consider, but after checking, I figured it would require around $80,000 or more to get it primo, so I passed...which was smart...since I only put gasoline into them. But, great job by you.....say, it seems you are from the UK (your flag) and the photographs look like Florida to me....is that where you live now?

SP..thanks for the comments....started tinkering with vehicles when I was about 10. Learned to weld, fabricate, chop/cut, paint, build motors, etc.

I was born in England, grew up there and have lived in the U.K and U.S. during work assignments....the pics were taken in Arizona where I have a house.

Miffy..at a glance, a stock 1950 and mine may look similar, and unless you're familiar with them, you may not notice...but, even the exterior differences are significant if you're "in the hobby".  What you can't tell from the pictures are things like: the rear fenders were removed,  cut, and a 2" wide metal strip added back in to make them wider for bigger rear wheels. the drive shaft was made longer to center the wheels in the rear fenders. the rear end was lowered by 3 " with the front having an entire new suspension and lowered 4" to the ground. The running boards were made by me to match the contour of the new rear fenders. the tail gate uses a closing mechanism patented by me and instead of chains (stock for 1950) uses neodymium magnets and no mechanical devices to keep it closed..I have cable retractors that disappear into the bed sides when the tailgate is closed. the bumpers were removed and I made flush mount roll pans to match the contour of the front grille and rear tailgate. The emblems and strip down the center of the hood were shaved/removed and the spaces filled along with the door handles. the doors open with a remote control...the front windshield had the trim removed and the glass was "v-butted" together.  3  1/2" was cut from the roof to "chop it"---took about 80 hours of labour as you have to widen the roof panel when you cut it/drop it down, and then also modify the door frame when I angled the front window back 9 degrees.. In turn all the windows had to be modified to accommodate this. I was told by a truck magazine editor that he has no knowledge of any other 5 window chevy  truck having a roof chopped that still uses glass in the rounded corner windows-- i went through 3 sets of corner glass and grinded/sanded them to fit the opening. the floor of the truck bed is from a 93 Chevy and i cut out/added tie down points to carry motorcycles in the back...as opposed to the wood bed.  the fuel filler neck (which protrudes from the body behind the passenger door) was cut off, contoured to match the body and a new fuel tank was added under the bed and between the frame rails--the stock one is located behind the seat and is a bit unsafe and can smell like petrol so I got rid of it and came up with my own solution----  sorry for rambling...but, that doesn't even include the engine or interior....I attached one photo of the motor...you may notice that the coolant reservoir is a collectable Jack Daniels bottle, that unfortunately, was relieved of it's contents during the building of the truck... .lol...in retrospect....I probably put way too much time into that thing...but, his name is Elvis and I love the little bugger...I can't draw to save my life (see my profile pic), but, I can envision a finished vehicle before I even start it...

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 7:31 PM

sweetmiffy:
    Is that what you guys call a truck?

More like love miff lmao 

EDIT Hey ducati im not a chevy fan but sweet rides bro 

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, Oct 17 2014 11:11 PM

My mom named me and used it…..lol

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 18 2014 1:47 AM

Priesum:

Was going to ignore this thread but as getting a lot of questions about my profile name, here goes:

My uncle started playing WGT - after 2 days he gave up - I took over his account which was set up in his surname -he was a hack at lvl 149 at the time of giving up - he is now pestering me to let him have the account back - NO WAY!

Kelly, MBDTK

Welcome Kelly.

We have crossed paths before and it was a great pleasure to know ya :)

With Ducati's Pics, this thread is getting better... Pls share  all ya pics everybody

I have to say, as I know how this site works...  Nice Pics Please....lol

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Oct 18 2014 2:27 AM

Pretty simple mine ( I have no imagination )

It's the closest village to my Spanish home.

[View:https://www.google.es/?gws_rd=ssl#q=alcaucin+pics:450:0]

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 18 2014 2:39 PM

[View:https://www.google.es/?gws_rd=ssl#q=alcaucin+pics:450:0]

mine didn't work either...  nice town though.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 3:37 AM

Great thread Roger m8.

Cool stuff u got there Ducati.

LOLserver....nothing to do with golf! lol.

For many years ago I used to host live sim racing events with up to 50 players online!!!! (I had 100mb upload internet) wow, that was awesome!, 50 players battling together in a race, plenty of action, racing incidents, accidents, car damage, engine & tire usage, etc, etc......amazing fun!.

In some of the races I was only a race official in order to keep an eye on players behaving fair. It was more fun to watch the top players qualifying and then the race than racing myself...I was good at it but certainly not the fastest, haha.

Made hundreds of friends over there, some of them are now my friends here too :-) 

I had no name for the server and you got to nave a server name in order to host a live session. A friend & I discussed and conclude that LOL was a fun name, nothing serious and mainly for fun....then the LOLserver came alive. 

When joining WGT it was an automatic "user name" that now I use all over when I join anything  in the internet.

Eric 

edit....hope no more people comes & spoil this fun thread 

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:00 AM

Great thread people, and Ducati....quality motor mate!

I was named by my nephew when he was a baby, as he couldn't say "Uncle Neil" properly and started saying "Uncle Neeyoo" which became Newy as he found that easier to say, and I am now Uncle Newy.

He still calls me it even now at 13 but I just get "Newy", as It's not cool for him to call me uncle now he's nearly a man......apparently.

Neil

RSS