Forums

Help › Forums

sand baggers

Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:27 PM (64 replies)
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:29 AM

piztaker:
    Yet again, you've missed the point entirely.

no, as I read this post, we have a complaint about sandbaggers taking advantage, and I have played over 2000 games using regular clubs, NEVER ONCE has a pro, tour pro, master or legend said " I am sorry, this game is not fair, you use regular clubs, I have all these high powered clubs, so I will start again, and we will be fair and play with regular clubs. LOL,. none of you has ever done that, but when the advantage goes the other way we get a thread and posts complaining.

Sorry, no sympathy here. You guys have now bought clubs that will shoot in the low 50's, and you think it is your skill that is shooting that score. LOL

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:31 AM

You express your view is not hijacking

someone else express their view is hijacking

oh well, just another sunday with the seven dwarfs

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:31 AM

nanstar:
    And successfully hijacked yet another thread in the name of inanity..Porsche indeed...pfffttt!

How do you figure that? I thought it was a simple fix for exactly what the OP was concerned about. He tied it to the levels, which mean squat, when the actual problem is addressed by X's idea. You have the longer clubs, you play farther back. It does seem fair that way, to a degree.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:32 AM

You're obsessed with this subject, it's your choice to play with starter clubs. You're missing out on a greater game and greater enjoyment.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:33 AM

YankeeJim:
    He tied it to the levels, which mean squat, when the actual problem is addressed by X's idea.

sorry, cannot write anymore, I just fainted. I told you Lizzie, someday he would come out on the right side.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:39 AM

x1524807:
    sorry, cannot write anymore, I just fainted. I told you Lizzie, someday he would come out on the right side.

LMAO. You see what happens when you converse cordially, positively and intelligently, presenting ideas for solutions? Unfortunately, your well earned rep has others looking a little warily, initially, and they miss the point.

There is something to be said about the absurd club advantage in some situations. Although we're on different mind sets here, I used to play down the advantage by making it fair in TM//Legend matches and used a 3W to tee off with. After that the game was very even. ;-)

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:49 AM

piztaker:
    You're obsessed with this subject, it's your choice to play with starter clubs. You're missing out on a greater game and greater enjoyment.

What you do not understand is that this is a fun game for almost everyone, but it is a video game, not life and death. Some of us would rather invest our money in clothes, food, electricity, a night out at the roxy, our childrens education etc

I would love to play one of you who shoots 50, but how can I when you make it non competitive. What fun is to lose every time. So, in this video game I have to try and find someone who does not use these crazy clubs which produce 50 scores. This is a video game but it turns some of you into "win at any cost" players, and really, that is no fun for us who are here to show skill, not how much skill can I buy

Of course it will never happen, but if WGT would make this game more competitive by separating those who choose to spend money for clubs, and those who prefer to stay with regs, it would eliminate those who are sandbagging, maybe not, but a step in the right direction. I want to compete, but when you take a putter that is 40% more accurate than mine, a driver that out drives me, even though I have a tee edge, irons that spin on a dime, irons that get you out of 40/50, while I have to just settle for getting back on the carpet, the competition ends. My skill level might be higher, but your clubs more than offset that. 

• Fredddddy
    177 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:50 AM

That's a great idea if you have the best equipment then you should tee off from the farthest tees regardless of your tier HOW ABOUT IT WGT?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 8:14 AM

x1524807:

piztaker:

What you do not understand is that this is a fun game for almost everyone, but it is a video game, not life and death. Some of us would rather invest our money in clothes, food, electricity, a night out at the roxy, our childrens education etc

I got my clubs by doing surveys and offers, why can't you?

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 8:14 AM

Will never happen, and with the exception of a few holes, it really does not make that much of a difference. The difference is the spin you can get, when in trouble how powerful your irons are. And the big one is the putter. If you are 40 to 50 % more accurate with your putter, that is the biggest factor. Like the real game, you drive for show, you putt for dough

RSS