Help › Forums

Callaway balls: for TM's and Legends only

Sat, Feb 11 2012 6:18 AM (76 replies)
  • LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 11:46 AM

MBaggese:

To the OP.

If you enjoy MPC and Skins Challenge matches, and feel you would be profitable, why not use Callaway's?

Your reasoning (that I infer) is if say your opponents and you all used GISD balls, you would be competitive? If so, stands to reason that if you used the same balls as everyone else, you should still be competitive.

Cant cash out credits. Cash goes into the game, but cant be taken back out. Where does the word "profitable" fit into that situation?   WGT takes your cash money and makes you think you are "winning" something back. When, in fact, your money is now in WGT's pocket. In exchange, you get their tokens, which can only be spent to consume more of their product. Its a one way street and I dont see why more people dont have issues with that.

If I could cash out credits I had won ....put the money I spent, back into my pocket....we would not be having this discussion.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:10 PM

mnshiner:

LouisLewis:

...and hpurey... it looks like you have played this game EVERY DAY for an entire YEAR....thats just sad.

I think you owe the person an apology. your statement in my opinion was very rude and uncalled for. What they do with their life is their own business, not yours.

Granny would take you behind the woodshed for a comment like that.

Thx shiner,

As far as mr Louislewis,  who the hell are you to tell someone it's sad to play everyday, so ____ what, I try to play everyday because I enjoy the company of many fellow golfers here.  Besides, my wife works nights and that leaves me plenty of free time to play after putting my kids to bed for the night.   Why am I wasting my time with you anyway,  I don't have to justify myself to an (_._)

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 12:55 PM

LouisLewis:

If I could cash out credits I had won ....put the money I spent, back into my pocket....we would not be having this discussion.

You can!

Amazon Gift Card

165,000 Credits

$250 gift card from Amazon.com

• arystheking
    18 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 1:31 PM

louis lewis i totally agree with you that there should be a limit to the range of players its avabile to. But one thing is they should definently make it a alot cheaper to buy the golf balls so we dont have to drop 10 bucks on two sleeves so we can barely get a couple rounds out of those peices of s*&%.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 1:48 PM

LouisLewis:

MBaggese:

To the OP.

If you enjoy MPC and Skins Challenge matches, and feel you would be profitable, why not use Callaway's?

Your reasoning (that I infer) is if say your opponents and you all used GISD balls, you would be competitive? If so, stands to reason that if you used the same balls as everyone else, you should still be competitive.

Cant cash out credits. Cash goes into the game, but cant be taken back out. Where does the word "profitable" fit into that situation?   WGT takes your cash money and makes you think you are "winning" something back. When, in fact, your money is now in WGT's pocket. In exchange, you get their tokens, which can only be spent to consume more of their product. Its a one way street and I dont see why more people dont have issues with that.

The point for some of us to play this game, is not not have to spend much money, or as little as possible, to enjoy it.

By coming out ahead in a few MPC games, placing well in RG's, you don't have to outlay any/much cash to have fun and be competitive..

BTW, your activity show's you don't miss too many days here either;) 

• LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 2:24 PM

DannyPhan:

LouisLewis:

You can!

Amazon Gift Card

165,000 Credits

I can also be elected President of The United States....just aint gonna happen and everybody KNOWS that.

165,000 credits??  is that even real?

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 2:26 PM

bfghd:
    There isn't just Callaway and Nike balls,  the Srixon and Tour S-Tour SD balls are fine if you can handle the meter.

Right.

There is no reason for others to attack the OP for taking a critical view of the business model. Yes, you can always say No, but clearly there is a connection between low scores and paying for expensive equipment and balls. At some point it becomes cynical.

You would probably find that the top players play with expensive equipment and balls, and spending money (real or virtual) on that stuff is necessary to compete at that level. 

You might also find that middling players (such as myself) can't buy our way into the winner's circle. We can play close to our ability with balls from about a dollar per sleeve and up.

Some good virtual clubs are still essential. (Suffice it to say that the first Virtual US Open was won with a final round 66. Good luck with that now.) But clubs are a one-time cost - or more accurately now a two-time cost - and you can play indefinitely.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 2:30 PM

LouisLewis:

DannyPhan:

LouisLewis:

You can!

Amazon Gift Card

165,000 Credits

I can also be elected President of The United States....just aint gonna happen and everybody KNOWS that.

165,000 credits??  is that even real?

ASK these players if that is even real!

USANMart23      
    95 Legend     $2,505.18
    2 97 Legend $1,794.41
    3 107 Legend $1,639.00
    4 99 Legend $1,544.11
    5 97 Legend $1,477.42
    6 95 Legend $1,432.19
    7 95 Legend $1,315.66
    8 99 Legend $1,227.35
    9 94 Legend $1,226.72
    10 96 Legend $984.51

• LouisLewis
    107 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 2:35 PM

MBaggese:

LouisLewis:

MBaggese:

To the OP.

The point for some of us to play this game, is not not have to spend much money, or as little as possible, to enjoy it.

By coming out ahead in a few MPC games, placing well in RG's, you don't have to outlay any/much cash to have fun and be competitive..

BTW, your activity show's you don't miss too many days here either;) 

I sure as heck dont play 365 days in a row.

I get your take on winning RG's and MPCs to build up credits without the benefit top of the line equipment...but I gotta say...its easier said than done. I havent seen ANY players without either the Callaway ball or Nike ball in MPC or Skins Challenge mode in many months. The days of winning on the cheap are now gone (thanks to these unrealistic balls)...and I miss the old days.

RSS