Forums

Help › Forums

25K Credit Reward Up for Grabs

Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:24 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Side question, does your battery brick get hot after you've played a few games?  Mine gets extremely hot and I'm sure that has something to do with my problems.  Have PC on a cooling pad that helps a tad but brick still gets hot.  PC stays normal temp though.

Jake,

Very possible your heat sink on the CPU chip is covered in dust...this causes abnormal heat build up the fan cannot exhaust.  You may need to pull it, you'll need some IPA and heaksink compound.

Before that though, check you power supply output, my wifes Toshiba used to get real hot, and I found out her PS was putting out 25 volts (supposed to be around 15 or so, specs are on it).

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 6:36 PM

andyson:
    And both meters reside in RAM while you play.  gofbals has a valid point.

Interesting, when I used to have to manipulate Windows 3.11, I would regularly set up a portion of the HD to be used as RAM.  Is this still a possibility with the newer OS's?

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 8:00 PM

MBaggese:
    Interesting, when I used to have to manipulate Windows 3.11, I would regularly set up a portion of the HD to be used as RAM.  Is this still a possibility with the newer OS's?

All depends on your system Mike.  Do some research and you might be able to do it on yours.  I looked into ways of dedicating more RAM to graphics on my system but there really doesn't look like a way without getting weird and causing potential even more stability issues.

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 10:44 PM

For a happier windows 7 system this is worth a read .

• D51nn3tt
    73 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 11:30 PM

jakestanfill7:

Here's the deal.  I'm offering up 25k credits to the person who can help solve the riddle that is WGT's ridiculous swing meter.  Might even be a little bonus on top of that if person can achieve perfect meter.  1k credits just for trying even if we can't fix it.

Here's what you're working with

• Meter stable enough to shoot 26 one round then the very next I might have 10 spikes or freezes per side.
    • Computer runs every program and game under the sun like a dream except for WGT
    • HP Pavilion dv71267cl laptop.
      • AMD Turion Dual Core 2.2ghz processor
      • 4 gigs RAM
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit OS
      • ATI Radeon HD 3200 mobility graphics card
      • All drivers up to date
      • Firefox is the only browser that is remotely playable.  Every other browser (Chrome, Comodo, Iron, Opera, etc) all bounce like hell the whole way down the meter.

Here's what I am looking for

• Someone who can dial into my system
    • Take a look at programs and services to see what I can get rid of
    • Examine AMD Catalyst Control Center to ensure that my system is recognizing it properly.  For some reason any change I make in the CCC makes little or no difference in game play.
    • Make necessary tweaks (overclocking acceptable if you know what you're doing) to gain a stable meter (no more than one meter bobble per 9 holes).  Currently average about 6-7 bobbles per side.

Here's what I need from you before we start

• Brief explanation or synopsis of your qualifications and computer expertise.
    • Post here or on my wall.

I'll pick whoever I feel is the best candidate and keep y'all updated on progress.  First person might not be able to solve the riddle and I'm willing to give a few people a shot.

I was thinking of offering a 100k credit reward if someone could hack WGT's system and crash it until they start communicating what they are doing to achieve a more stable meter but I figured that might no go over too well.  So no reward for crashing the site but I certainly wouldn't persuade anyone against it. :)

do you remember this      Ok, I found this fix on the net a week ago and since I done it my meter has been near perfect ever since.

It works for Vista and Windows7 but if your using XP you can try it too.

Its not like the download latency fix that some of you may have heard of but is a direct latency fix. If your not sure about changing registry settings I suggest you do a system restore point before doing this and if you mess up you can just restore your system back to what you previously had and you'll have no problems.

So here goes;

1. From command prompt (usually found in All Programs- Accessories-Command Prompt) run 'regedit'.

2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/Tcpip/parameters/interfaces.

3. Browse the items under interfaces until you find one with an IP Address (typically Lan IP Addresses start with 192.168.10 or .01

4. Right click on interface and select new > DWORD (32 BIT) VALUE, name it 'TcpAckFrequency'.

5. Right click the new TcpAckFrequency value and select modify and enter 1 (hexadecimal button should be selected).

6. Right click on interface and select new > DWORD (32 BIT) VALUE, name it 'TCPNoDelay'.

7. Right click the new TCPNoDelay value and select modify and enter 1 (hexadecimal button should be selected).

8. Verify that both of your new properties show a value of REG_DWORD 0x00000001.

9. Exit and reboot your system (you must do this for it to take effect).

10. Enjoy your smoother meter.

I hope this works for you, I know it worked for me.

I suggest you hightlight this post, copy it, then paste it to notebook or word then print it out.

Since Ive done this I might get 1 or 2 meter stutters a week, if that!!!

try this and let me know if it works.

D

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2012 11:59 PM

andyson:
    And both meters reside in RAM

Intresting....  I wonder if the RAM speed has much to do with the meter.... 

I'm on 1600mhz while many maybe on 1333 or 1066

Much newer PC , from the last 6 months although may have 2000mhz

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 12:01 AM

D51nn3tt:
    Ok, I found this fix on the net a week ago and since I done it my meter has been near perfect ever since.

This direct Latency fix, also helped me. If anything , it was THE most helpful fix.

I recently formatted and didnt do anything else except THIS fix and the usuall daily clear cache/ cookies/ history in Chrome.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 12:02 AM

iwb1:
    For a happier windows 7 system this is worth a read .

Cool, BlackViper has always had good tweaks..  thanks for his Win7  one, bookmarked it for later.

:)

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 12:03 AM

I know this seems simple given the myriad of "advice" in this thread but it has seemed to help me.  I use a gaming computer that was built about 5 years ago so it is clearly out of date.  I have been using Firefox (this is my normal browser) and it got so bad earlier today that I tried Internet Explorer (this might have helped a little but only short term) and I went back to Firefox.  I may actually try Google Chrome as so many here have suggested but tonight I played several rounds without even one hiccup in the meter or movement on screen.  I right clicked on the flash screen while playing and went to "Settings".  A small window pops up and mine showed a checked box next to "Enable hardware acceleration" and I unchecked it.  Nothing else and my game was flawless tonight.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 1:21 AM

jakestanfill7:

Here's what I am looking for

• Someone who can dial into my system
    • Take a look at programs and services to see what I can get rid of
    • Examine AMD Catalyst Control Center to ensure that my system is recognizing it properly.  For some reason any change I make in the CCC makes little or no difference in game play.
    • Make necessary tweaks (overclocking acceptable if you know what you're doing) to gain a stable meter (no more than one meter bobble per 9 holes).  Currently average about 6-7 bobbles per side.

Here's what I need from you before we start

• Brief explanation or synopsis of your qualifications and computer expertise.
    • Post here or on my wall.

send me a message when you are up for me logging into yout system, i can phone you and walk you through everystep i do

Here is your answer. I want 25K credits for doing this.

What time is good for you , when?

RSS