Forums

Help › Forums

25K Credit Reward Up for Grabs

Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2012 7:00 AM

Willsstrs:
    Do you use google chrome? I find that my meter is much better on chrome...

Yes I have tried it several times along with every other browser out there.  Chrome used to be great for me but now the meter bounces about 1/8 inch at a time even on my new install and partition which is stripped bare bones.

Firefox is still the only browser that stands any chance of being smooth.  Not sure why that is but oh well.

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 1:52 PM

hmmm google chrome is only 1 that runs smooth for me...and its recommended by wgt so i would think it would work...

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 2:38 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Firefox is still the only browser that stands any chance of being smooth.  Not sure why that is but oh well.

That's weird. For me Firefox was hands-down the worst of the browsers I tried for the game only, Chrome by far the best. Also, my four year old work computer, loaded up with drafting software, always running antivirus and email software in the background, gives me a perfectly smooth meter 99% of the time. My three month old (junk cleaned off) 'supercomputer' at home is jerky to the point I've given up on even trying to play on it... Same internet provider/speed on both, Windows 7 at home, XP at the office, don't know if that would have anything to do with it, probably not.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 3:01 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Yes I have tried it several times along with every other browser out there.

Here's one for ya. I know you mentioned having tried Comodo Dragon but that's what I use and it is mint. However, and this is a big however, it's an older version. I use it because it doesn't have the current Flash version. It doesn't update because I control that so I'm running an older Flash version than what Chrome automatically updates to. That's what's causing the meter misery, the Flash business. 

Try rolling back the Flash version. Uninstall it and install an older version and see if that doesn't change things. Do the same with the browser.

FWIW, my CD version is 12.1 and the Flash version with it is 10.3.181.26

• fantasy1
    1,221 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 3:43 PM

hi since i downloaded the free Mz 7 Optimizer and have done the Performance Tweaks in the CPU, the hard disk tweaks and memory tweaks my meter has been fine and thats 3 months now. When i want to p-lay a game i open Mz 7 up go to Useful tools and click on fine tune computer for games and put it in acceleration mode, i use Game Booster to and play in firefox browser.

Maybe iv just been lucky bt as i say had no meter problems since i did it all

• remington4459
    88 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 4:45 PM

this is what puzzles me  ..everyone wants a game  that is as true to life as possibe  figure there are not actually many golfers in here, if so .in the real world u cant hit every shot perfect  one shot might be a little firmer than another  where the ball hits could have been moled or a hard object sch as a pebble might have been struck  wind could have gusted or quit as soon as u impacted.  only way to achieve perfection is to have a puter program "hit" the ball for you   stuff happens  hit the ball cuss or praise the shot  pop a cold one and go again

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 6:20 PM

remington4459:
    this is what puzzles me 

Thing is, in real life golf, no one or nothing is tapping on your club during the swing.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2012 9:04 PM

YankeeJim:
    FWIW, my CD version is 12.1 and the Flash version with it is 10.3.181.26

Thanks YJ, will try it.  Meter much better than it was but still quirky.  Back down to a tolerable 2-3 spikes per side which I can live with for the moment.  Just pissed off you when, like in my last round, I would shot 26 on the back side without OB ball on STA 17 with spike.  Put second tee ball in play and approach tight to save bogey but deflating after when you've made 1 eagle and the rest birdies on the side.

Not whining about the meter at all.  It just baffles me and it's really become a sort personal crusade to figure this thing out.  I'm about done trying to tweak this system and hopefully see a new one in my near future.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 12:53 AM

jakestanfill7:

OB ball on STA 17 with spike. 

either keep task manager open or use the cpu meter.

watch and wait for the cpu to settle before hitting

• tigerwomaneater
    12 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2012 2:36 PM

I LOVE IT,SOMEONE Finally is going to take on THAT METER!!!!I think its a way that they control a players game?Who Knows but we know that it isn't fair if you are playing and you are winning and then the Meter STOPS then GO;S and u swing like "SIKE" and you miss the mark by a inch.I play with Top O Line Gear so it isn't that its what mood the System is in....So good for you to stand up and get mad like we all are.But that's this game and we can do little but say,,,,O WELL........Fun Hitting.Or Trying...........:) 

RSS