Forums

Help › Forums

25K Credit Reward Up for Grabs

Sat, Mar 10 2012 9:20 PM (136 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:10 PM

MBaggese:
    This is what many of us don't understand....i/e which programs are not needed, or needed.

The only start-up programs in msconfig you need to keep checked are:

anti-virus programs

Java

That's it. Everything else unchecked will be delayed started.

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:17 PM

Jake,

Lou could probably get you a good deal on a used IBM!

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:39 PM

ahh Mr. Jake buddy..   When i first started playing this game  I was using a 512mb machine and I got it to run fairly smooth.   Let me see if I can have a whack at it;  I used to have a horrendous meter before I was forced to do this research here...

1. I went to Tools and took off the extra Java Consoles I had enabled with were 6 at the time.   This is not needed  for most sites but if so they will tell you to activate it.  I choose to google the process on getting rid of the extra Java Console plugins and kept the recent one.  But still keep it disabled most of the time.

2.Got rid of any non-needed extensions and added  Adblock to stop the ads.  With this I erased all cookies  and went to WGT to reload cookies back on. But after surfing 2 pages on this site I then hit block all 3rd party cookies. So I would not gather any other nonWGT cookies.   Because I have noticed that some cookies especially from ads make my meter skip?  Don't know why but Cookies are my nemesis on here. Only keep what is needed.  This way i have the cookies needed to play the game  and do not recieve any more into the cookies cache.     Let me know if you follow me here....

3. Ran a Plug in check through Mozilla  to make sure all plug ins are good to go.  Then disabled all non  WGT needed plug ins.  Like      Facebook, silver light, Java,Microsoft DRM, Quick time, Windows Presentation can be disabled also if your having meter issues it may help....    

4. I also did research into the Microsoft .net Framework, DRM plugins and Windows Presentation Plugins.   The short answer about these is you do need them.  But you may not have the latest update for them.  So check into that through  Microsoft.com and make sure they are up to date.

5.In Adobe Flash Player Settings manager make sure both boxes are checked.  In the Flash cache I erase all other non WGT  websites  like Youtube or POG etc...  I only keep  media5WGT  in this when I come on to play. I also go to Website Storage Settings and  let  WGT get unlimited space to save on my machine. I just move the marker all the way right to unlimited.

6.I have to express my thoughts on this subject.  Because this is my main culprit for a stuttering meter:    Keep  only  cookies to play the site .   So I make sure to only keep the ones you need.   Here is a list of the cookies i keep.  This way you can check with what Im using  for a smooth meter:  Adnxs.com -   adobe.com  -   doubleclick.net -  imrworldwide.com  -  invitemedia.com  -  macromedia.com  -  quantserve.com -  scorecardresearch.com  -  wgt.com  -  www.wgt.com.      Whenever I happen to have a meter surge this is  the first place i go.  Because Cookies sometimes sneak on.  And 9 outta 10 times it because a cookies has entered here and is giving me issues.   Never fails for me.

7. Make sure everything including Browser and Anti-virus is up to date.   I use  AVG free along with  Advanced System Care.      With the Advanced system care Toolbox (included)  if has a start up manager so you can see what processes are running in the back ground.  You can choose to stop or delay any of these programs  from running .  I stopped 4 myself  -  Java console  was stopped  :)   

8.You can also go to the START Menu and hit  control panel/Performance and Maintenance/System/ hardware/ then device manager;   Run a scan to make sure all drivers are up to date.   I had a couple past due...

9. Also try  SMART DEFRAG..   I also run this once a week to keep my registry and system clean  of build up.

If I can remember what else I may have done I will write it here.  But after 6months of reading and playing with different things;  I do believe these are the steps that gave me a pretty smooth meter.  Im no computer whiz.  I did do my research on the subject.  But now I also use Chrome;  So try these and also try Chrome afterwards.. Foxfire runs ok for me now also; but with firefox I still get the occasional skip.   With Chrome I hardly ever have an issue ......    Hope this can shed some light on you situation Jake!!       Any questions just drop me a line.      

Ox 

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 3:02 PM

If I restart my computer and run a quick scan through my systems care 5, I can run pretty much the day with very little problems. If I do begin to get a meter jerk,  I can simply run another quick scan during the game and it usually clears it up. I to however, have a wireless modem but keep it plugged into it. I am not very computer smart and have come up with this system through trial and era. I had stopped playing the game for a month or so because of the frustration.  I had a problem I fought for over 6 months that no one could help me with. When I would release me swing, it would automatically hit the ball as soon as it got to the first live. A person had told me his meter was terrible and came to find out it was solved just by replacing the mouse. And that is what I did and it fixed the problem of the pre mature hit. lol.  I am a firm believer that every ones meter probs may be caused by different issues.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 3:03 PM

Hey Jake, I have rarely ever had meter spikes. I use google chrome at home, and at work I use... GOOGLE Chrome, lol. But at work I don't have google chrome installed, so I run a portable version that also works like a charm... from a thumb drive!!! You can download it from here:

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

By the way, what antivirus are you using? Some AV like Norton are known for their continuous drain of CPU resources. At home I use Microsoft Security essentials, that is free if you have a legitimate version of Windows... just google it if you want and try it. Of course.. don't have two AV running at once...

Install that google chrome in a memory stick or anywhere in your computer and give it a try... disable most start up programs through msconfig....  Hope it helps, my computer specifications are not any better than yours, see no reason for yours to be stuttering. Good luck and hit them straight. 

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 3:21 PM

My daily player computer is a 2 year old alienware, it's broken so i get this cheap loaner D630 latitude.

Meter gave me a headache. Just do this and it will fix itself just fine.

1. msconfig tricks already posted.

2.uninstall all the crap software no longer used or never will be used.

3. Kill whatever AV you have and install MS security essentials.

4. Mouse, the mouse and the software are vital, something in the game connects to your mouse so you do not want system generic software controlling your mouse, download and install the latest and greatest from the manufacturer. 

5. Comodo convert here, open up the settings and start unchecking and deleting on exit etc.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 3:38 PM

SteveOx:
    4. I also did research into the Microsoft .net Framework

Unless Windows 7 requires net framework, it generally is not required.  There are very few programs that need it.  I run XP, and never install Net framework.

Firefox has it own Java engine, called Gecko, and this site does not require Sun Java to be installed.   I have yet to visit a site that requires Sun Java.  Hence it is not installed on my system.

SteveOx:
    5.In Adobe Flash Player Settings manager make sure both boxes are checked.  In the Flash cache I erase all other non WGT  websites  like Youtube or POG etc...  I only keep  media5WGT  in this when I come on to play. I also go to Website Storage Settings and  let  WGT get unlimited space to save on my machine. I just move the marker all the way right to unlimited.

With the newer flash there is also a program in your control panel.  Here you can set global settings.  Also there is a configuration file you can use to disable autoupdates.  It is called mms.cfg.  Path="C:\Windows\systemwow64\macromed\flash" I believe for 64 bit system and for a 32 bit system the path is "C:\Windows\system32\macromed\flash"

Contents of this file are in text, and you can use notepad to create the file and save it.

Contents are:

AutoUpdateDisable=1
    AVHardwareDisable=1

[Edit]

Windows 7 does not require net framework to be installed.  Check to see if any other software installed on your computer requires net framework to run properly.

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 4:12 PM

1--------Advanced system care 5

2-------Game booster 3

3------Smart defrag v 2.3 (defrag fully optimize)

4------Update flash

5------Strong signal from isp

6-----Make sure clubs are compatible with each other

• Bonez2k6
    35 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 5:07 PM

I'll add to this and say....

Go into your control panel ... and clear the flash player cache as well...

I use all the above and have another computer hooked on my network... no yips

BOL hit 'em straight

Bonez

• brysoni23
    693 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 5:11 PM

it may seem silly but have you gone into options and settings and changed the quality to medium and taken off reflections? 

it work for me

RSS