Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:20 AM

jakestanfill7:
    buttercup. 

buttercup...reminds me of a.................. "Sissy" 

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 12:46 AM

For the record...

I have played alt shot twice with a 30 second timer.  The first was purposefully chosen by one of the players, and the other three complained about it most of the game.  All four players had timer fouls.  The second time, it was chosen by accident, and all four players complained about it, and all 4 players had timer fouls, with both teams losing at least 2 strokes.

For me, 30 seconds is fine for almost all shots.  It is not enough time to set up chips or longish putts when neither the front or back view is a straight view.

As to the OP's premise, I believe it accepted fact that anyone that thinks that people that refuse to play with 30 second timers are either cowards or special educations students is actually himself a profound imbecile of the highest order.

I also think that anyone that calls those that refuse to play with a 30 second timer names and then declines to accept Jake's challenge is in fact a coward.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 7:50 AM

Let's give him a couple days to respond before you start giving him too much of a hard time.  Just sent another friend invite because either the first invite didn't properly register or he declined it.  Made sure this one went through though.

I've never received a stroke penalty with 30 second timer myself and have only been hit with the warning twice; once because I was chatting and forgot we were on the 30 sec clock and the other was because I clicked reverse view on a putt and it took over 30 seconds to load.  I typically hit EVERY shot within 15 seconds and that's with a zoom to aim or reversing view to putt AND pausing at the top of my swing for 3-4 seconds.

I do agree with the OP that 30 seconds should be ample time for any shot if you've logged enough rounds to make Legend, but some people have loading problems changing views or try to calculate percentages so it could push to 45 seconds.  Being a total feel player I go off the Ben Crenshaw theory that you're first instinct is correct 90% of the time so I typically have my shot lined up within 8 seconds.  I wouldn't go as far as calling anyone who refuses a 30 sec clock a coward though.  To each his own.

Cavwa, I'll make it easier on you, 1k minimum bet but I'd prefer to play for 2k. Whatcha say pumpkin?

• jumpmybones
    205 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:05 AM

I agree with Cavwa  !!!!!!              Jake is nothing, but a punk   !!!!      

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:10 AM

jumpmybones:
    I agree with Cavwa  !!!!!!

Then your an idiot!

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:11 AM

30 seconds is not enough time. 60 seconds are perfect, I dont use 30 most of the time i think. But when there is 19 wind sideways then i have to change camera, fine-tune the aim mark, change to the right club, putt spin on and then finally hit the ball. Same with long putts, it takes more than 30 seconds.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:26 AM

you'll find the ladies like things to last a lot longer than 30 seconds.

tbe

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:30 AM

jakestanfill7:
    OK Cavwa, put your money where your mouth is buttercup.
    Now thats funny lol.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:30 AM

thebigeasy707:

you'll find the ladies like things to last a lot longer than 30 seconds.

tbe

Well played TBE!  :)  So you're saying your lady prefers your 90 second timer?!?

RSS