Forums

Help › Forums

Is this some kind of joke?

Mon, May 21 2012 12:09 PM (85 replies)
  • PGATourReject
    20 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 2:24 AM

You know why your always being called one now then Chris!!!

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 7:49 AM

chrisironsbones:

TeeWade:

Do you really and I mean really need an answer to that one?  A Douche Bag is a feminine hygeine product that is inserted into the va-jay-jay, pressure applied to ease out the cleansing solutions. Viola'.......a fresh and oh so sweet semelling va-jay-jay.

Hope that is correct or I'm in trouble  lol

Trust you guys to take a perfectly normal word like "shower bag" and put it somewhere completely different!!!!! And give it a new meanining, now i understand why you all use it negatively!!!LOL

Ok, now my curiousity has the best of me...what do they call them in Ireland Chris?

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Thu, Feb 17 2011 8:14 AM

Longwedge:

Ok, now my curiousity has the best of me...what do they call them in Ireland Chris?

They WOULD call it a douchbag... but as it is.. irish women just use ole fashioned soap and water.. they do not sell them in ireland as far as i know.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 9:03 PM

There is no easy way of getting rid of multiple accounts. One might do like eBay and send some kind of confirmation codes by "real" mail to an existing address and ask for some kind of proof of identity, then you will have to get another house for your next account. Or play as your wife/husband/daughter/brother/sister/son/grandma/grandpa.

That solution would make most people think twice before playing this game with the first account...

Another way would be to "hitch hike" on someone that is doing a pretty good job of tracking multiple accounts, like Facebook. Facebook login.

That solution would scare off people that does not have Facebook.

No, I think the only solution is to make sure that you do not win anything on creating a new account. Do not allow hacks to enter tournaments for instance. Maybe Tour Pro should be lower the limit if you want to enter tournaments where you can win credits and if you want to play Challenge.

The level system is good, it forces you to suffer while you level up, but the suffering should be increased with the added "no tourny" option. Note that this would not affect "real" newbies, they have their hands full learning the game and will not win any tournaments anyway. There can be amateur tournaments without prizes maybe.

The tier system needs adjustment. It is far too easy to advance up to Tour Pro and even Master. Master => Tour Master => Legend seems reasonable, you really need to make an effort there (I have not managed yet), but Hack => Amateur => Pro is done in a few days if you put your heart into it. 

Then there is the dreaded Legend status. Why is that a punishment? One should treat the Legends well! First of all, I think there is too many legends in this game. Tour Master should be the top tier IMHO and Legend should be honorary. Reserve the long tees for Legends only tournaments and allow legends to play from the same tee, with the same green speed, as the Tour Master. 

A Legend should be a Tour Master who have earned his status in a different way than just working his average below 61 or whatever it might be. Maybe by winning a lot of tournaments, maybe by hitting 3 HIO in one round.

Do not punish the Legends by forcing them to look silly shooting from a tee 100 yards behind the others.

Then they stay. Then they are not tempted to create a new account.

As a summary:
    -Block players below Tour Pro from prize tournaments

-Make it more difficult, and time consuming (not necessarily by games played but at least by days spent) to advance to next tier

-Make Legend a honorary status with extra benefits, not a punishment as it is now.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:10 AM

I like your thinking, Tightrope, about slowing the game down for the lower levels as well as a few other things in your post.  It would be nice to see what WGT have to say to your suggestions.

• Drivefree
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:15 AM

well...

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:45 AM

Tightrope:

As a summary:
    -Block players below Tour Pro from prize tournaments

-Make it more difficult, and time consuming (not necessarily by games played but at least by days spent) to advance to next tier

-Make Legend a honorary status with extra benefits, not a punishment as it is now.

Blocking anyone below tour pro from entering prize tournaments would be unfair to the legitimate hacks amateurs and pros who only have one account and play as fair as anyone. Because even the free to enter tournaments are prize tournaments, 

Why make it more difficult to advance in tiers that would make the sandbaggers jump for joy. Make it easier if anything. I mean include match play wins in the equation then the hacks and amateur multi-accounters who only play match play mpc's would be bumped up to the tier they belong in. 

Honorary status with extra benifits? How? If it's honorary that would infer that the player wasn't active. 

I was going to say WGT needs to track ip addresses but that might not work either. Because what about people who play on a public computer. Example ,I take my daughter to the public library every Saturday morning. For the past month and a half I have seen this one man playing WGT on one of the libraries computers so wouldn't anyone playing from there have the same ip address? That also raises a question. Why ? Does he not have internet at home? Or does he play 1 account at home and another from the library computers? Is his PC at home not working or doesn't meet the system requirements? I just might try to find out next Saturday. 

I do like your idea about sending snail mail to prove identity 

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 11:39 AM

Borntobesting, I do not see how it is unfair that you need to somehow qualify to enter Tournaments with prizes that can be translated to real money?

Reason why it should be more difficult to move up in tiers is of course directly connected to this that you must prove yourself good enough. If you sand bag, then you will stay in the sand box.

Snail mail is a half-decent way to prove identity but WGT would not have 10% of it's user base if they had gone that route and going there from now would equal Goodbye Future.

It could work maybe that you, before you can enter prize tournaments, have proved your identity with either a residential address or with a credit card (only one user for each each card). 

You can not be fair to everyone but I think WGT would be good off if they support the loyal members and make it more difficult for anonymous bastards to come i and steal credits.

If you are really a newbie, you will need to play quite a lot before being good enough to seriously consider tournaments and entering them before is a waste of time and money. If the options opens up at a certain tier,  people will probably work even harder to reach the goal.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:57 PM

Tightrope:
    Reason why it should be more difficult to move up in tiers is of course directly connected to this that you must prove yourself good enough. If you sand bag, then you will stay in the sand box.

I think Sting does have a point here Tightrope; if WGT make it harder to move up the tiers, then the real sandbaggers will remain at a lower tier but be able to get decent equipment because their level will be high enough.  Moving up the tiers quicker means they will reach the harder game earlier and not be able to make as much profit as they'd hoped.

I think there are too many games on here that are not ranked.  I know it is difficult to rank alt shot, CTTH, Blitz and others, but maybe if a way was found to do this, the sandbaggers life wouldn't be so easy.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 6:00 PM

MioKontic:

I think there are too many games on here that are not ranked.  I know it is difficult to rank alt shot, CTTH, Blitz and others, but maybe if a way was found to do this, the sandbaggers life wouldn't be so easy.

It would still be easy...because WGT makes 0 effort to monitor multiaccounters, so all they have to do is spend 1 minute setting up their next account and go on about their business of stealing credits.

RSS