Forums

Help › Forums

Is this some kind of joke?

Mon, May 21 2012 12:09 PM (85 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 2:04 AM

WGT - you say you don't allow multi accounts or sandbagging. Oh really!!!

I just had a friend invite from someone I've never heard of, so decided to have a look at their profile.  I went to the WGT Players page and something caught my eye:

A hack with a 61 average!!!!  His score history:

We all know you don't post scores like that when you first join, so WGT, why is he still here???  And you even have the audacity to Spotlight him!

But that's not all.  I took a look at the other 3 in the Community Spotlight too.  They were shooting in the low 30's from the word Go too.  And MarkSwany is a friend of PaulMcNamara who has a similar record and has previously been mentioned as such.

When players post a score in your comps, do you not check them out to see whether they may be multi-accounters?  Or do you just choose to ignore it becasue it gives you a bigger user base, and a bigger user base is potentially a bigger income, be it by these new players depositing (which is unlikely), or other (legitimate) players depositing to stay in the game.

Why do your terms and conditions say not to name potential cheats?  Is it because that way you don't have to be seen to be doing anything about it because we won't know who they are?  As the saying goes WGT, wake up and smell the coffee (what film was that from?).  We're not stupid, we can see what is going on.  And the more you allow this obvious cheating to continue the more unrest there will be in the camp.

So, I guess that will be my account suspended/deleted.  But who cares, I never deposited anything anyway.  And I figure it's pretty damn easy to create another account in a couple of weeks... and then start beating the pants off everyone from red tees.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 3:33 AM

Yes, I noticed the same thing. And this person's "scores" were certified in tournaments (2nd place, for which he won 10 cents or something like that).

• hotcarrie
    865 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:08 AM

has wgt got back to you on this? from what i can gather wgt are not that great at showing any interest in fixing problems or addressing complaints. it is maybe time to turn to the law books and see if as a business they are allowed to just take money but no service in return

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:36 AM

They do have multi accounts some people as i was  playing with a friend last night and someone joined us,he said too my friend hello  how are you , my friend said  i dont know you....he replied you do  but not on this  id,lol .Whats too stop them saying,its  my sons account or something like that..

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 5:38 AM

i would imagine its quite hard to monitor every single account on this website (who knows how many registered users there are)

Best bet is just to report him/her/it

Seems like it would make things a lot easier

• BadDobie
    48 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 7:14 AM

LOL...One of my listed friends knowingly set up two different accounts....was very easy to do and has not been questioned/contacted.  He can easly beat me under his "amature" ID which is obviously not his true skill level.  So I am not at all surprised  ;-)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 9:23 AM

I removed your picture with names since it is against the rules. Since you refer to the terms and conditions, I am surprised that you still decided to break them.

This is definitely not the place to call out other players or raise any questions about legitimacy of the scores. If you have any doubts about anyone, please email members@worldgolftour.com and let them take a look

Take care :)

-wgticon

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 9:47 AM

Somebodys mad...

• ArchieBunkr
    20 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 9:51 AM

Have you ever heard of a "natural" at something?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2011 9:57 AM

Not to mention looking for a little rest in the corner.

RSS