Forums

Help › Forums

Olympic Hole by Hole-Bring on Qualifying :)

Thu, May 10 2012 7:58 AM (122 replies)
  • manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 8:37 PM

anyone worked out how to play multiplayer yet?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 9:11 PM

Muchyarse grassyarse Yankee.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 9:24 PM

manabouttown11:

anyone worked out how to play multiplayer yet?

that's gonna require a different kind of hacker ...(:/)

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 6:43 AM

skccvb:

Birdies are hard to come by on the front 9 - but you do have a starting two stroke advantage over the back 9! I think 30-31 is regularly doable; going really low is going to take a lot of practice. Much like Oakmont, proximity to the hole is less important than getting a makable putt! The back 9 is far less intimidating and there are more birdie opportunities, and one eagle opportunity. It may prove easier to go low on the back 9 even with the 2 extra strokes. Oh, and number 5 can ruin your round!

Actually I have found the opposite to be true, but I will admit I have played the front 9 more often than the back. I just shot another round of 18 and had a 28 on the front 9 (best yet but I had 2 eagles) but struggled on the back 9. I have noticed the greens tend to be a bit slower on the back 9. At first I thought it was me but after 3 rounds, they are tad slower. If you have trouble driving in the fairway you are going to struggle on this course. Most of the rough is 30-40, 40-50. Number 5 is a pain in my nemesis as of now.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 7:16 AM

saltiresfan:

This is pretty farcical really. Maybe it's a soft opening...

Either that or as someone else said we'll all get banned later ;)

Ok, Icon, tell the truth, does all this kinda bother you guys or are you duly impressed with people's resourcefulness? Quite curious, actually. I mean, it really ain't hurtin' nothin', is it?

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 8:37 AM

Bet WGT is not that upset, look at the buzz it's getting.  Liked the course  BTW good job WGT.

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 9:35 AM

Hewsey:

Bet WGT is not that upset, look at the buzz it's getting.  Liked the course  BTW good job WGT.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was intentional done by WGT. It's the 1st time ever that the course award is already there before the intro of the course itself. In the past it even came weeks after introduction of a new course....anyway, nice job by WGT ;-)

Cheers, GC

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 10:44 AM

chrisironsbones:

YankeeJim:

chrisironsbones:
    i would have posted a decent score too if i hadn't have missed a sitter from 6 feet on #9

You're beginning to sound stuck up. WTF is wrong with a 30 first time out?

When you see Dons 28 first time round, i saw my score as average.....nothing WRONG with it, just average when you see 2 bogeys in there as well

And well done RUNWME for putting even faster way through, beats an hour trying.lol. nice 1 don

Got a 26 on the front 9 a minute ago,but was playing 18. Still shot a 60. nice course

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, May 5 2012 1:56 PM

SGTBilko:
    I have noticed the greens tend to be a bit slower on the back 9.

I just was playing back 9 and every putt was way short - then realized was on standard green speed!! Did not default to tournament speed!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 5:12 AM

skccvb:

SGTBilko:
    I have noticed the greens tend to be a bit slower on the back 9.

I just was playing back 9 and every putt was way short - then realized was on standard green speed!! Did not default to tournament speed!

no, I mean under the same conditions they are a tad slower.

RSS