Forums

Help › Forums

Olympic Hole by Hole-Bring on Qualifying :)

Thu, May 10 2012 7:58 AM (122 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 6:50 AM

skccvb:
    but you do have a starting two stroke advantage over the back 9! I think 30-31 is regularly doable; going really low is going to take a lot of practice

Doubt it, the back 9 is going to be 1 of the easiest back 9's here, i saw bollox score -8 for his first back 9 attempt and i thought that was excellent and was well impressed, then i played it myself and found a lot of the holes are very short and its driver wedge'(ish) most of the way and i too scored 28.  So i cant see it causing much problems to the best players so if you can get over the tough (but not that tough) front 9 then i can see the cut being 56 (if you hit all the fairways and miss all the trees)

It might not be as hard as Oakmont, but its one heck of a lovely course and i bet will become one of the most popular too (if its not all ready.LOL)

The greens are quite accurate in the majority of places too and when you get used to them can score you a lot of birdies, i havn't had so many long putts go in on any other course. 

replay of regular putting on O.C

And its also worth using top spin on drive to avoid trees!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 7:27 AM

chrisironsbones:

skccvb:
    but you do have a starting two stroke advantage over the back 9! I think 30-31 is regularly doable; going really low is going to take a lot of practice

Doubt it, the back 9 is going to be 1 of the easiest back 9's here, i saw bollox score -8 for his first back 9 attempt and i thought that was excellent and was well impressed, then i played it myself and found a lot of the holes are very short and its driver wedge'(ish) most of the way and i too scored 28.  So i cant see it causing much problems to the best players so if you can get over the tough (but not that tough) front 9 then i can see the cut being 56

It might not be as hard as Oakmont, but its one heck of a lovely course and i bet will become one of the most popular too (if its not all ready.LOL)

You know Chris, I don't know about the front vs the back. Maybe it is just me. There are 2 good eagle opportunities on the front 9 and you can get a good 26 on the front, I did yesterday. So far the best for me on the back has been a 30 but I have not played it as much. I agree on the cut though.

number 5 can be a killer with out top spin. It really reminds me of a mixture of Congressional + Beth Page. This course is no where near as tough as Oakmont and the greens like you said read very true unlike other courses here. Personally this is the first new course I enjoy as much as BPB. I added a few great vid on my blog. IMO GREAT COURSE, well done WGT.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 8:05 AM

Check this out for a 200 yard holed EAGLE at #1!

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=b4d7f105-0cfd-422a-be0b-a04900f84b41

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 8:13 AM

chrisironsbones:

Check this out for a 200 yard holed EAGLE at #1!

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=b4d7f105-0cfd-422a-be0b-a04900f84b41

nice

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 10:27 AM

Not so much luck for me - missed a HIO at #3 by 0.9' max :(

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 11:19 AM

alosso:

Not so much luck for me - missed a HIO at #3 by 0.9' max :(

How to play the tee shot on Olympic #4

Full backspin over the trees and punch for a roll in eagle best view is 2 or 6

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 2:17 AM

Playing the qualifier now. Wondered why it felt harder and then I realised it's tournament greens and legends tees...:(

Tricky.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 10:53 AM

YankeeJim:

Heh-Might as well do it right.  ;-)

Front 9

Back 9

The whole enchilada.

Strange things on my system (using Pale Moon browser, Firefox and Dragon give me the same result).  "Front 9" and "The Whole Enchilada" are right on.  Both have tournament greens and the quit/save option.

However, when I load the "Back 9" from your link (again, on my system), the greens are standard, and there is no quit/save option.

And... no mater what I try, from inside the game, I cannot "paste" anything up in the url field.

Warren

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2012 11:49 AM

Tresclub:
    However, when I load the "Back 9" from your link (again, on my system), the greens are standard, and there is no quit/save option.

Why bother? The course is open for any kind of play. Those links were just back doors that I gleaned from other people's brilliance. The course hadn't been released yet. :-)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2012 7:18 AM

YankeeJim:

The course is open for any kind of play.

Sorry, I don't see that for single play. Today and since Monday I find the qualifier open and the back 9 CTTH challenge.

No practicing, no 3 or 9 hole play, no play of the front 9 CTTH for a single player.

RSS