Help › Forums

Black Friday Deal

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:58 AM (50 replies)
  • chris2345
    528 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:28 PM

WGT can't do wrong from right...

People ask for free stuff, they get it, but all they can do is moan it's not enough..

Try being grateful you got something for nothing, and quit the moaning...because there is more to life....

• treebeard
    228 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:33 PM

Hello....Well I wanted some new irons today and had $50 to buy creds with,so 5x$10 = 5 new nike balls for sod all.   Thanks WGT   :)

Treebeard

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 6:10 PM

So I started another mess, not going to apologize this time. Not for giving my opinion on 1 free ball for a 10.00 investment. That is not free people, you have to spend 10.00 to get it. For crying out loud, for the quit your complaining comments, you all go out and spend 30,00 for what you can get for 4.50. Yes it was something, no arguments here. It was a 1.50 ball for only 10.00. I'm done with comments on this post.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:35 PM

renniw52:

So I started another mess, not going to apologize this time. Not for giving my opinion on 1 free ball for a 10.00 investment. That is not free people, you have to spend 10.00 to get it. For crying out loud, for the quit your complaining comments, you all go out and spend 30,00 for what you can get for 4.50. Yes it was something, no arguments here. It was a 1.50 ball for only 10.00. I'm done with comments on this post.

No you didnt. I think it was me. I did a post about WGT, has another brain fart. But what gets me , is how the cheer leaders want to defend WGT. When players voice their opinions, here come the cheer leaders .Always trying to either berate be little  a person for speaking their mind. Me personally, I love the game. I just wish that WGT would get their heads out of their behinds, and step their game up. This could be the very best game on line. But instead of building the game up ,it seems that WGT would rather tear it down. So be it. When they find themselves in the unemployment line, it will be too late to address the issue of customer satisfaction. Happy Swinging  

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:13 PM

BubbaCrusher007:
    So don't underestimate the POWER of ONE ball.

And 'roids...

Maybe why just one ball on the sleeve...hmmn...and now no official TDF wins as I recall.

All side (back on topic_ if I was buying credits, then a fee ball *150 credit value) isn't a bad thing.

better than mothing?  Ot should those buying 1000 credits get 20 free balls?

• zelg
    332 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:15 PM

chris2345:

WGT can't do wrong from right...

People ask for free stuff, they get it, but all they can do is moan it's not enough..

Try being grateful you got something for nothing, and quit the moaning...because there is more to life....

Did I miss something they gave me nothing free , they want me to spend money to get this free item. so they have given me nothing Thank You.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:23 PM

I've done my share of griping about the poor customer service here at WGT and praised areas that I like. In my opinion this "Promo gone wrong" is not that big of a deal.

My newspaper is full of advertisements for wondrous things at supposedly special prices. Some items even come packaged with free goods on the package. For things that are out there at the regular price that free item has to be worth it to the customer. Companies are constantly trying to find that equilibrium to make such promotions consistently worthwhile and profitable.

For many here the freebie this time was not enough of an enticement to get them to spend their money here. For some it was. Only the numbers after it's over will show if the promo was a success or not. Then the business will adjust the next promotion. Just the same as any other company constantly has to adjust.

Beyond that it's been interesting to watch people act offended by a bonus offer because it wasn't enough. It's perfectly all right to express the opinion that you don't feel the bonus offer was enough, but "insulted"? Just accept that apparently this promotion wasn't correctly targeted to you, just like 99.9% of those items in those newspaper ads.

WGTPizza - As a former national customer service trainer for a multibillion pharmaceutical firm (we were bought out and laid off) I was taken aback by your reaction, Pizza. You are the face of WGT to us and firing back at customers is not the way to make friends and influence people. You should have been much more tactful than you were, at least expressing your frustration with the complainers directly to them outside of the public forum.

You communicate extremely well with us with the information you have and you are allowed to tell us but this time you really laid an egg. Unfortunately, in the customer service game you're not allowed the luxury of having an off day.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:26 PM

srellim234:
    ou are the face of WGT to us and firing back at customers is not the way to make friends and influence people.

You are correct - I got frustrated, and I apologize. At least you all know I'm human now.

Thanks for the contribution.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:30 PM

WGTpizza:

WGT is not required, nor should it be expected to give free product away. 

It's one thing if the process is flawed, or somehow technically broken, but when people complain about the quantity of FREE items we are giving away, it makes me very sad.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it free, it's costing 10 dollars, and no one ever expected to get 1 ball, you cannot buy 1 ball at a time here.

Me thinks you are missing the point anyway, most of your highly regarded players here never spend a nickle, nor contribute 2 cents into this game, but you come on here and crap all over the people who spend real money and support this game.

No Offense, and I know it's not classy, but your priorities are stupid. 

RSS