Forums

Help › Forums

Black Friday Deal

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:58 AM (50 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:31 PM

Apology accepted and you're welcome. Try to have a great night.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:37 PM

Steve2golf:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it free, it's costing 10 dollars

For the holidays, when people purchase $10 worth of credits, they receive one ball for free. When people would normally buy $10 worth of credits, they would not get the ball for free.

WGT is giving out free golf balls to anyone who purchases $10 worth of credits.

WGT is not simply giving out free items to everyone.

I'm not sure how the community got confused about this, or how they came to expect WGT to perform the latter, but in any case I hope this explanation clears things up.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:47 PM

Steve2golf:

WGTpizza:

WGT is not required, nor should it be expected to give free product away. 

It's one thing if the process is flawed, or somehow technically broken, but when people complain about the quantity of FREE items we are giving away, it makes me very sad.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it free, it's costing 10 dollars, and no one ever expected to get 1 ball, you cannot buy 1 ball at a time here.

Uh lets see... If you purchase the $10.00 the 1000 credits are deposited into your account and they are still available to use for other things...So for doing that you get a Free ball ...So looks like the ball is free since they aren't deducting it from your purchase... You could just ignore the offer if you don't want to purchase credits and don't think getting an extra ball is worth it...Why all the fuss? 

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 9:47 PM

.. .. Its an enticement and on face value is a tad tight.. .. If a sale happens at a store we'd like to think 20% is a good reason to purchase.......

.. .. So they (WGT) almost got it right 15%,,, perhaps 2 balls would have been sweeter for all....

.. .. In any case all is appreciated,,, well by me at least...

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 9:51 PM

Oldbayrunner:

Uh lets see... If you purchase the $10.00 the 1000 credits are deposited into your account and they are still available to use for other things...So for doing that you get a Free ball ...So looks like the ball is free since they aren't deducting it from your purchase... You could just ignore the offer if you don't want to purchase credits and don't think getting an extra ball is worth it...Why all the fuss? 

Yeah I get it, I get it clear, spend money get 1 ball and watch it go 255 yards with a 4 iron into the back bunker on 10 at CCC, followed by an 80 yard shot from the 30-40 bunker into the water with a 60% shot with your 60 yard club.

Why is that, as soon as you show you are willing and able to spend money here, the fun begins immediately after. 

So forgive me if I'm a little frustrated, I just want to play the same game as mostly everyone else. Make a bad shot get the same bad result as everyone else, not some exaggerated result so my pocket can be picked that much faster again.

Yeah i don't need it explained to me, It's very clear whats going on here. 

1 ball, simply put is adding insult to injury, and that's why the uproar. Personally I could give a crap about the one ball, or 20 or a hundred for that matter, just cut out the other crap. 

Make a bad shot get the same bad result as everyone else, that's it that's all i ask, and it should have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the fact you just dropped real dollars here.

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:01 PM

WGTpizza:
    Thank you, glad to hear you are enjoying your stay :)

Me too Pizza!  I'm enjoying my stay!  Cheers!

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:16 PM

WGTpizza:
    Stay classy,

I always do brother!

• TarheelsRule
    5,553 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:20 PM

WGT Pizza.................

While I generally agree with you I do have to say that being black Friday when everyone is used to great deals, the deals WGT offered were pretty tame.

I mean put out a free weekend of rentals, no fee on ready go's for the weekend, a free avatar choice, etc.  not like it cost anything to give away a virtual avatar.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 1:45 AM

Pizza used to be my favorite food until today.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 3:47 AM

I'm black every Friday. What's the big deal?

RSS