Help › Forums

quickest moderation in wgt history lol

Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:19 PM (102 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:04 AM

alosso:
    Then we looked into MrWGT's puzzled eyes

No you looked into the eyes of a man who was obviously nervous. Remember this was the first live twitchtv chat and it got off to a poor start first because of technical problems that postponed it for 2 or 3 days. Then when it started there was  the sound problem. He loosened up toward the end but he was still rather nervous. The people who saw confusion were just looking for it. I watched it live and watched 2 or 3 other times and what I saw was a man out of his element who was very nervous. And many of the questions that were asked in that chat had never been brought up in the forums. Also many of the questions were so poorly written (possibly because English was not the first language of the person asking the question) that I didn't even understand what was being asked. The question also flew by so quickly that you would almost have to be a speed reader to read and understand what was being asked.

True communication could be better but I don't think it is due to WGT not caring but rather just the fact that there are so many posts every day that it would virtually impossible for anyone to read everything.

And there are some people no matter how well WGT communicates with us will never be satisfied.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:33 AM

If he was nervous, it was because he was unprepared for the questions and he knew it.  And that is solely on his shoulders.  He depended on Pizza and it didn't work.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:20 PM

Ok - maybe he was nervous. The puzzled look was meant allegorical.

borntobesting:
    True communication could be better but I don't think it is due to WGT not caring but rather just the fact that there are so many posts every day that it would virtually impossible for anyone to read everything.

And there are some people no matter how well WGT communicates with us will never be satisfied.

I'm sorry, sad excuses to me. An interested reader would get the biggest woes and wishes in short time, and there was a prep thread initiated by Pizza. Working through this - mind you, they asked us! - would have hit 90% minimum.

WGT communicating well - ROTFL! Any examples?

I have one against it: Nation's "escalated customer service" - announced as a special mail address which then wasn't observed, an (apparently wrong) copy&paste answer to a forms request, then a PM stating that Nation service is via forms request (recursion?) and no answers to further questions.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:31 PM

I got a suggestion, how about closing this dudes accounts down today!! Still robbing Ready goes on two of his best accounts as we speak,,, really?? When was this reported?? Starting to get plain stupid around here for sure. DO something now!!

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:39 PM

geraldlarousse:

I got a suggestion, how about closing this dudes accounts down today!! Still robbing Ready goes on two of his best accounts as we speak,,, really?? When was this reported?? Starting to get plain stupid around here for sure. DO something now!!

AMEN

it was reported the day this thread started

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:50 PM

duffer19:

geraldlarousse:

AMEN

it was reported the day this thread started

Yup, that right there says it all.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 4:31 PM

hyena64:
    Nothing personal whatsoever sir, simply an almost complete disagreement with your assessment of the state of things.

Well that's ok, it'd be a pretty boring world if we all felt and thought the same way...

hyena64:
    Have a great day sir.   big grin

Ditto.

Andy

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 6:10 PM

On the communication issue; while I'm pretty sure this will not be the first time this proposed solution has been suggested, this comes from one of my tasks in my previous career when I had to trace and track lost freight and ensure the customer was kept informed of any progress, so here goes. I

How about,

A WGT employee, Icon, or whoever, opens and pins an 'answer' section, where they pick a question / proposal from the many on here, and keep us appraised of the progress, i.e. once a week post

1. What the latest developments (on that issue are),

2. What is going to happen next.

3. Any problems now or foreseen.

4. Timescale for progress.

There are enough suggestions on this forum for someone to open a whole section on this alone, and if nothing else it would go some way to alleviating the complaints over lack of communication.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2013 11:50 AM

no activity since march 7 for the cream of the crop account - fingers crossed and hope that other accounts this person (may) have are tracked as well.

apparent good work icon/wgt

RSS