Forums

Help › Forums

quickest moderation in wgt history lol

Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:19 PM (102 replies)
  • Rich1064
    739 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:46 PM

duffer19:
     I hope you shut this stuff down and revoke credits and impose a lifetime ban for a certain isp

I'm sure Wgt will do all it can within the game but I doubt very much they would go down the route of an ISP ban. Several players within the same household could be on the same ISP therefore they would be penalizing innocent players too. Also there are many programs out there which can enable you to hide your ISP and of course there is also the use of Proxy Servers.

There are not many things that Wgt can do to prevent cheats under the current structure, many brighter minds than myself have given them excellent ideas in the past but for some reason or other they do not implement them.

Disable a cheat's account and he will just open up a new one and carry on cheating, that is the nature of the beast I'm afraid :-(

Rich

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 2:44 PM

well, one house hold, several users..........too fricken bad.  

one abuser not being policed by others in the house........shared blame and responsibility.

besides......the whole house in this case is likely doing the same damn thing

i agree, not much they can do.........but doing nothing is way less than 'not much'

grr

pretty sure the sole reason driving the removal of gift card redemption for credits is the lack of ability to do anything about this at all and trying to comply with gaming laws

*edit.......sorry Rich, i'm not miffed at you.......though it came off that way.  just frustrated at the state of our lovely passtime

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:06 PM

Yep, hes still rolling. Made him a tour master today, lmao. Hey, nothing like tour master in 8 days, hehehe. Can not believe this, was reported and account still exist. Guess they might be trying to tell us something.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:13 PM

The way I read this was IF you are caught to be a multi-accounter like the person in question, then this IP would be blocked. And fair enough.

However the downside is there are ways around IP addresses so would not stop the occurences but would limit them.

I don't think Duffer means genuine families playing would be blocked if the same IP came up.

Regardless I cannot see WGT taking many proactive measures to prevent this happening, just reating when reported, by which time it is too late. I know it was the weekend but this player is still raking in some dollars. Maybe upon a report and in cases where there appears to be evidence against the player, the account should be suspended immediately.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:25 PM

He has many accounts, and a few of them he is making huge bank. Gifting iron sets, wedge sets, balls, avatars, you name it. They need to close them ALL down. Sad part this is as blatant as they come, and yet hes still here, crazy. Killing the Ready Goes in one of his other accounts.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:32 PM

duffer19:
    pretty sure the sole reason driving the removal of gift card redemption for credits is the lack of ability to do anything about this at all and trying to comply with gaming laws

Yup, I'm absotively and posilutely sure, the removal of gift cards was to comply with skill gaming laws of more states.

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:36 PM

geraldlarousse:

He has many accounts, and a few of them he is making huge bank. Gifting iron sets, wedge sets, balls, avatars, you name it. They need to close them ALL down. Sad part this is as blatant as they come, and yet hes still here, crazy. Killing the Ready Goes in one of his other accounts.

how come names are sometmes used  and then sometimes not?....who the hell is the cheater so I can avoid him or.her?....if they gifting lots of stuff...maybe its robin hood..lol

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:45 PM

lol @ robin hood.........not quite.  more like stealing (from anyone and everyone) and giving to alter egos / clones of ones' self lol

• Rich1064
    739 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:51 PM

duffer19:
    edit.......sorry Rich, i'm not miffed at you.......though it came off that way.  just frustrated at the state of our lovely passtime

No worries my friend, no offence taken. I feel your frustration.

Rich

RSS