Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:36 AM (91 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 2:31 PM

If I can.

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:16 PM

As much as I agree with your take in terms of a family and a community, that doesn't make the ignorance acceptable. When it is more common to be attacked than anything as far as a response in this community we call forums, that is not just simply...."How it goes".

There's a way to agree, or disagree, and in this "community", there is a tremendous lack of tact when it comes to a response of a post. I have posted calmly, fairly, yet candid and open as far as my opinion...nothing more...opinion, only to get attacked in a manner not befitting a hecklers convention.

It's a feeling that many self involved, self proclaimed egomaniacal "powers that be?"  believe they have a free ticket to take shots at those that post. And it is somehow  to be accepted? Whether a family or community, such gang tactics aren't befitting those with the IQ they attempt to show. What I see isn't IQ but one too many missed ECT appointments....there, that last comment was an example of what this place is about when there is a difference of opinion.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:40 PM

YankeeJim:

This is as much a community as it is a golf site. That was one of MisterWGT's goals. Just look at the cast of characters that do frequent the forum and do have thousands of posts-a veritable cross section of a real community.

I am late to the game on this, and missed the original post, but I must agree with Jim's comment. I'm a decent player, but hardly spectacular. I know my limitations and my inability to put the time in that others do to really get great at this game, but I am fine with it. I enjoy lurking in the forums and seeing what everyone has to say. If I can add something I find interesting or clever, I will, and just leave it at that. This really is a cross section of the world and is kind of fun to be a part of, outside of the game itself.

• ironbug
    5 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 9:03 AM

I would like to post a question on the "FORUM" I've never done it.  Can you tell me how to do it?  I hope I can find this request again for the answer but in case i cant, my WGT email address is cadokduck@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

John

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 9:43 AM

ironbug:

I would like to post a question on the "FORUM" I've never done it.  Can you tell me how to do it?  I hope I can find this request again for the answer but in case i cant, my WGT email address is cadokduck@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

John

They don't let people start threads for a while until they think you're legit. After you've added to a few other threads they normally let you loose, if you've behaved.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 9:50 AM

IvaThongon:
    I enjoy lurking in the forums

I know I have seen you someplace other then on the course .  LOL

Lurking in the forums is 1/2 of the fun of this " Game " .

OPY  iaaRft

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:41 PM

I believe that "KEY" word in the comment above is......................"behaved"

Everyone who POSTS here in this Forum SHOULD read the comment posted by "Grandelf" on March 5th.  What he said is extremely well written....and very appropriate to what's going all too often here in the Forum section.

You all KNOW......WHO you are!

A little "respect & kindness" towards each other.....goes a LONG way in this LIFE!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 5:15 PM

BOBTX61:
    A little "respect & kindness" towards each other.....goes a LONG way in this LIFE!

Whatever in the world are you on about? You posted a thought that spawned a civil discourse and now delete everything because you think you bothered people? Make my mind up.

And yes, Grandelf, that is sarcastic but not out of line.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2013 5:25 PM

Decaff coffee and froot loops .  Its not just for lunch anymore .

OPY

RSS