Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:27 PM (51 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:17 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:26 AM

I think level 98 was a good level for the new driver. Remember, lots of players have been playing for a long time and obviously there are a lot more level 98's now than say, 6 months ago, so the level of item will just continue to increase over time. It's also a way to combat sandbagging, a little.

It could be seen as rewarding players that have been here for quite a while and have leveled up, or unfair to players that have only started playing more recently, play often, but simply have not been here long enough to be at level 98.

The only fair way I see to make both sides happy would be (and I know we've all asked why this hasn't been implemented a million times) to unlock all equipment once the player reaches legend tier. 

• gazcoll
    340 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:26 AM

I'm l96 legend and have R11S driver,don't think i will pay $30 for 3 more yards average on my drives.Gaz

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:40 AM

I logged onto WGT today to find a new driver is up for grabs,but the description of it left me in fits of laughter :) it says only available to the very best players on WGT !! this is very much not the case as i'm an average legend,and i am a level 98 which would allow me to buy it.

The only thing that does put me off is the fact that the trajectory is med/high compared to my R11s which has a high trajectory,i suppose it would be ok an a course like St Andrews where loft on your drive isn't really required.Do i think an extra dot of forgiveness,slightly slower meter and extra 3 yrds make a difference? not sure tbh.

Russell

• terbal
    286 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:43 AM

now out come all the wgt guys under different names to say its a good idea.

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:50 AM

pb1711:

The only fair way I see to make both sides happy would be (and I know we've all asked why this hasn't been implemented a million times) to unlock all equipment once the player reaches legend tier. 

Agreed. I take little issue (if any) with the level requirement, but truthfully, making it available to ALL tiers is ridiculous and stupid IMO.

Yes, stupid.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:02 AM

russellfahey:

I logged onto WGT today to find a new driver is up for grabs,but the description of it left me in fits of laughter :) it says only available to the very best players on WGT !! this is very much not the case as i'm an average legend,and i am a level 98 which would allow me to buy it.

The only thing that does put me off is the fact that the trajectory is med/high compared to my R11s which has a high trajectory,i suppose it would be ok an a course like St Andrews where loft on your drive isn't really required.Do i think an extra dot of forgiveness,slightly slower meter and extra 3 yrds make a difference? not sure tbh.

Russell

Ding.Ding...I seen the same thing. Will be interesting to see if infact it is a better driver. As for Level 98 dam I got along ways to go and have been active since starting back in August 2011 lmao. Seriously though they give you all the options if you have deep pockets to get there quicker if you so choose and really with the equips. out there you can compete regardless of equips. The G20's etc all are great equips. success in this game can be had with the variety of equips and knowledge of courses avalible.

My 2 cents,

Mes.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:56 AM

As another point high level clubs discourage people from starting new accounts etc.

• terbal
    286 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:42 AM

but it takes away wanting to reach a higher level. might as well stay a tm and reap all the rewards. wish i had.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 10:07 AM

It's hard to do that now tiering up takes into account winnings etc.

RSS