Forums

Help › Forums

BRAND NEW L98 DRIVER

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:27 PM (51 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 4:50 PM

Cappiest...................It's a joke.....could not agree more......looked at your status to LOL.....so true!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 5:03 PM

Still encouraging WGTicon to comment..................cheers

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:07 PM

Jimbog1964:

Still encouraging WGTicon to comment..................cheers

WGT Icon can't really speak for the business model of the company. He's a forum mod.  All he gets is supposed experts throwing darts at him. What's he gonna say that would make you suddenly happy anyway? You have a hell of a lot of playing to do to reach the clubs you want. That isn't going to change.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:17 PM

Jimbog1964:
    With commitments way they are going I will not be at Level 94 til Christmas if I am lucky so...........................WGT are throwing great equipment at the lower levels..where the masses are and by Level 48 you get a 275 yard driver that a baby could hit straight.  Rather than replace the current antiquated R11 they just had to keep it at FULL price and come up with some new Level for the new one...........

Not sure why anything apart from the major ***-up with the placing of the L48 driver (as I said before) could be a problem. Your R11 driver is a great club and there's absolutely no need to upgrade from there. I might get the R11s (when I get to L94) just for fun and to throw some credits away, but that 2 yards more makes no difference and the more forgiveness is meaningless with slow meter Nikes, cause they make it hard to miss ding by enough to make a difference.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:26 PM

PUHOLINO:

Jimbog1964:
    With commitments way they are going I will not be at Level 94 til Christmas if I am lucky so...........................WGT are throwing great equipment at the lower levels..where the masses are and by Level 48 you get a 275 yard driver that a baby could hit straight.  Rather than replace the current antiquated R11 they just had to keep it at FULL price and come up with some new Level for the new one...........

Not sure why anything apart from the major ***-up with the placing of the L48 driver (as I said before) could be a problem. Your R11 driver is a great club and there's absolutely no need to upgrade from there. I might get the R11s (when I get to L94) just for fun and to throw some credits away, but that 2 yards more makes no difference and the more forgiveness is meaningless with slow meter Nikes, cause they make it hard to miss ding by enough to make a difference.

As you say you may get it.....as may I.  So we both agree we may upgrade! The fineries of playing with Bladez and the R11 versus the R11 irons and the R11s we could sit and discuss all day how much difference it makes in any given round.  It's a business and not the choice until a certain level and that's it................Looking around most decide to use the latter............wasting their credits maybe in the opinion of some.  In real life I usually arm myself with last years latest and greatest when i buy, and that's not every year at all! In WGT land not the choice........And remember this is not about me I am suggesting L94 is too long to wait and suggest L90 better....................You disagree Fine......I think WGT need to balance things...............

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:15 PM

This following from another thread so a bit out of context but ....................

I think we would all agree one incremental step up is not going to be night and day difference...........Your point though is interesting as to the difference you found!  For my part I begrudgingly (through impatience and an urge to spend credits) upgraded from the G20 to the R11.  My scores have gone the right way rapidly for whatever scientific or otherwise reason.............I know I most likely end up jumping at the R11 irons / R11s or whatever is then available to gain even more in all likely hood................whether the difference is as marked (for whatever the real reason) I won't know til then............ But the difference in my average score since i replaced the G20 with the R11 is very real.  Basically I was stuck at around 64.9 / 65.11 but in no time as it stands I am 64.59 is ............how much of that is mind v equipment don't really know but since the purchase 1 to 2 shots a round difference has made it well worth it.  IF the R11 irons / R11s make approaching that difference again that's massive in my book!    

On the rest of it mate you seem to go even farther than me in thinking WGT need to sort their act out..............I can't say I could strongly disagree with but a nudge in a better direction would be better than what we have!

• Birdiesimmo
    22 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 9:07 AM

Yes Terry, but this is the biggest and grandest - which kinda tells me WGT is learning the opposite lesson to the one we (just about every customer they have) had hoped.  The difference between level 90 and 94 was about 450,000 experience points (about 6 to 9 months of heavy play).  The difference between level 94 and 98 is 840,000 (about 1 yr to 18 months of heavy play).  

When you make a move that alienates 90-99% of your customer base guess what happens?  They have no loyalty.  You may be making money in the short term WGT but you are destroying your brand equity.  

The minute someone comes up with something comparable to WGT guess what your customers are going to do?  They're going to bleep you back.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:12 PM

Birdiesimmo:

Yes Terry, but this is the biggest and grandest - which kinda tells me WGT is learning the opposite lesson to the one we (just about every customer they have) had hoped.  The difference between level 90 and 94 was about 450,000 experience points (about 6 to 9 months of heavy play).  The difference between level 94 and 98 is 840,000 (about 1 yr to 18 months of heavy play).  

When you make a move that alienates 90-99% of your customer base guess what happens?  They have no loyalty.  You may be making money in the short term WGT but you are destroying your brand equity.  

The minute someone comes up with something comparable to WGT guess what your customers are going to do?  They're going to bleep you back.

You make your point very very well............I don't agree with that long service 25 year club thing...........any way you cut it it looks daft to.............................AGREED.  Not in that club but if I were would I care that some one else is ALLOWED to BUY something because they have not played the course do much.  Yeah sure dont want some hack churning your Fway up but after that................R11s L88/90 tops and R1 94 tops and tier based...hec no let the tour pros have it to....easy just not to play them.....cheers.............and they would sell it..............just ridiculous!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:26 PM

Birdiesimmo:
    You may be making money in the short term WGT but you are destroying your brand equity.  

There's another way to look at this. They're not going to get rich selling a $30 club to however small the % that can buy it is. TaylorMade is a sponsor and came out with a new driver for real. It's supposed to be the latest and greatest so how do you appease TM and put their best driver in this game, have it be the best  here but not make a mockery of the tee shot with the distance?

I think they were stuck between a rock and a hard place and went where the money is with the sponsor. Just guessing.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:59 PM

Open up the R1 to all T Legends and no more selling to below that if they want to discriminate at all for top players. Make the R11 L86, the  R11s should be L87/88 as should the R11 irons and the new Ping G25s (when they get issued say L91/ 92). OK can massage around that a little but picture is easy!  That way Legends get to grip and rip courses same as Tour Pros, same as M/Tm's and same as Tour Legends.  The better players still have loads of room to show their skills with their averages etc, but the game is fun at all levels. 

So we now have both the problem and the solution identified from a player point of view.  WGT still make money because people then more likely play RGs again and MPCs and etc etc etc..:)

Easy.............will the chinless whoever's listen???????????? A whole different issue.....

Cheers

RSS