Forums

Help › Forums

BRAND NEW L98 DRIVER

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:27 PM (51 replies)
  • saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:48 AM

It's totally unrealistic to think that WGT are going to drop the XP-level based purchasing system. Anyone who became a legend at L70 would then be able to save 1000s of credits by buying the best equipment. It would make most of their range obsolete. At L92 I will almost certainly buy the L94 driver when I get there despite the gap between my current, that and the new one being pretty small.

A while back a few of us were calling for clubs to be restricted by tier to stop low tier players having the best equipment and easier tees but WGT has addressed that by making it harder to avoid tiering up.

My concern about new clubs isn't about the level they''re offered at but what they might do to a game where the scores are already too low. Slower meter nike balls and a driver that hits further are only going to make that worse. Uneven lies anyone?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:55 AM

Whinging it is. For a while we've had high Level players whinging that there's nothing new for them to purchase and be excited about. Now they've been rewarded and good for them. You gotta play a hell of a lot to get to those levels so they deserve something just for them IMO.

But... we have lower level players whinging that they can't get the new club for a very long time. It would take the same amount of time to get to level 98 if the club wasn't there anyway. Play with what you can get and worry about this later. Jeeez.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:58 AM

Obviously Cerino we totally disagree....................WGT have a poor business model IMO.........totally disagree that things can't change.  Do accept though that lack of competition in the market allows them a freedom that is to easy to abuse..........

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:00 AM

saltiresfan:

It's totally unrealistic to think that WGT are going to drop the XP-level based purchasing system. Anyone who became a legend at L70 would then be able to save 1000s of credits by buying the best equipment. It would make most of their range obsolete. At L92 I will almost certainly buy the L94 driver when I get there despite the gap between my current, that and the new one being pretty small.

A while back a few of us were calling for clubs to be restricted by tier to stop low tier players having the best equipment and easier tees but WGT has addressed that by making it harder to avoid tiering up.

My concern about new clubs isn't about the level they''re offered at but what they might do to a game where the scores are already too low. Slower meter nike balls and a driver that hits further are only going to make that worse. Uneven lies anyone?

The point is not about them dropping the XP system.  It's about encouraging people to play! What they are doing is discouraging by doing this..................

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:03 AM

Hmm, thought i would try a few of those level up bars for once, but i notice i cant buy them, only gift them. Is this the case when you reach a certian level, or has it always been gift only?

EDIT: just noticed they work until level 64, then its XP boost after that. False alarm folks.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:05 AM

The choc bars always stopped at level 64.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:07 AM

Cheers Courtney, and those XP boosts can stay where they are too. I will work my way there eventually.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:07 AM

don't get me wrong, i like the look of this new virtual driver and it's description BUT one must stop for a moment and be realistic.... $30 seems a tad obscene for a cluster of pixels, no matter how juicy the description is.

the 65 gram shaft lol.....

too weak for me.....i use diamana whiteboard 83 gram X Stiff shafts in real life.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:08 AM

Jimbog1964:

Obviously Cerino we totally disagree....................WGT have a poor business model IMO.........totally disagree that things can't change.  Do accept though that lack of competition in the market allows them a freedom that is to easy to abuse..........

Obviously indeed. Why should I care about WGT's business model and why do you? It's their problem. I'm focusing on fun and hitting the ding. The rest is their problem. I really can't understand why so many think they know so much about something they didn't create or fund as a start up.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 7:14 AM

CerinoDevoti:

Whinging it is. For a while we've had high Level players whinging that there's nothing new for them to purchase and be excited about. Now they've been rewarded and good for them. You gotta play a hell of a lot to get to those levels so they deserve something just for them IMO.

But... we have lower level players whinging that they can't get the new club for a very long time. It would take the same amount of time to get to level 98 if the club wasn't there anyway. Play with what you can get and worry about this later. Jeeez.

my thoughts exactly C ... can't make everyone  happy ....

RSS