Forums

Help › Forums

The new RG list

Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:40 AM (152 replies)
  • Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sun, Apr 6 2014 5:49 AM

Lizard69:

Why not throw in a moderate wind/slow green rg? High winds dont make the rg's more difficult, they make them more difficult to FILL...

Rocket science?

What I do not get is the lack of no wind or low wind, they always fill faster, I know i prefer them, a nice relaxing round where i don't have to be constantly punching the calculator and just play golf. I'm old, so i don't have all the wind effects committed to memory and the ones I do disappear.

MORE LOW WIND PLEASE.....

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 6:54 AM

^+1^   Low wind would be gr8 & no wind even better. Have some compassion for us old guys. Please get the RG's to fill faster.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:08 AM

+1 to the low / no wind stuff.  Turn them over quick, and nice not to have to sit and spend time working everything out so much each time (as said above).  Basically keep a good mix going:)

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 3:05 PM

DAZZA501:

Every 9 holer is 100cr. Every 18 holer is 200cr with the exception of Kiawah full18 at 300cr. No imagination AGAIN!!! Who does the list every month? Cos whoever does needs stuffing with the rough end of a pineapple.

Original quote here still the best DAZZA

Lets get this pissed as farts game going with chop and brandon,gotta have some fun

Have to congratulate WGT team for knackering me up with parkinsons meter for 2 weeks now,i usually find a way round it by now,changing settings,but this time it's bewildered me

I now get drunk to see straight

I'm still waiting for one of two things,my one night with beyonce in elite collection or getting my first ever 9 holes without meter stutter.jay z won't  be impressed my odds are better for option 1

ROCKY

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 2:51 AM

Yep the new ready go list.  SUCKS!

Will a TL ready go ever fill and close?  LOL

Pitiful  :(

• burchell123
    362 Posts
    Sat, Apr 26 2014 6:56 AM

geraldlarousse:

Yep the new ready go list.  SUCKS!

Will a TL ready go ever fill and close?  LOL

Pitiful  :(

+1 for this month too

maybe if we ask for 1cr 9 holes or 2cr 18 they would listen,because the asking for high stakes sure as hell ain't workin

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 6:18 PM

who actually chooses these new RGs????

just had a look thru them and its already looking a bit stale lol - those TL ones are gonna be there till christmas at least and good luck with those funky UL choices too lol

sigh

• skunkyone420
    173 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 8:49 PM

dude wtf is up with all these unevens? then u add a new cabo uneven? dumb dumb dumb

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:19 AM

What is so difficult about monitoring fill times & not ever reproducing the RG's that do not fill quickly. This would be extremely beneficial for all, including you wgt.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:56 AM

Wontonamo:
    who actually chooses these new RGs????

... good luck with those funky UL choices too lol

sigh

skunkyone420:
    dude wtf is up with all these unevens? then u add a new cabo uneven? dumb dumb dumb

There's a saying in my family, that "if you have nothing kind or helpful to say, say nothing." I sometimes wonder if this would be a good mantra for these forums... ;)

Skunky: judging by your score history, you don't ever play unevens. Why is this a concern to you? Are you, and others, somehow threatened because there's a growing group of people that do enjoy the additional challenge of UEL?

Wontonamo et al: as I've explained in several  other  threads, I've actually been helping to suggest new UEL RGs... as a volunteer. I'll repeat that: I'm volunteering my time to help out in this way. Comments like yours, especially in light of requests to provide constructive criticism, are hurtful, and undermine the efforts of those genuinely trying to help improve this game for everyone in the community.

By definition, UEL RGs appeal to those looking for an extra challenge. Of course they're not going to turnover quite as quickly as the flat-lie versions. But, so long as they're clearly identified as UEL, they shouldn't be a problem for anyone else.

If you do have constructive criticisms to make, I'd love to hear them. I've attempted to be clear and transparent in my process, and I have a panel of UEL players I consult with before forwarding each month's suggestions on to WGT. I've outlined a rubric (see below) by which I think these tourneys could be selected, and if that pattern is followed, then an interesting and balanced set should result each month.

Yes, there will be some that fill every day or two (the 50cr ones, often where par may get your stake back), others that take a week or so, and a higher-stakes one or two that might take several weeks or all month. And that's fine! Given that UEL players don't get any major events (e.g. there is no Virtual Tour involving unevens; there have been no WGT Nation UEL events for nearly a year; etc, etc), a high-stakes UEL RG each month is about the only high-profile 'Major' we have.

Here's the rubric for anyone that's truly interested:

Corwyn:
    Here are some suggestions for Uneven Lies ReadyGo's...

With Unevens, why not an ongoing range of 4 types such as:

The Old Man Par challenge :: 50 cr :: 9 holes at Olympic, Oakmont, or RSG (among the toughest of courses for unevens)

The Newbie challenge :: 100-200 cr :: for those keen to try uneven lies but wanting to do it on a course they know well (so how about making those as 18 holers on what seem to be the most popular 2 courses: St Andrews & Kiawah) [for instance, the St A's version filled quickly enough at 100 cr back in the early summer)

The Test Your Mettle challenge :: 200-300 cr :: full 18 at one of the tougher courses, Olympic, Royal St. George's, Oakmont, or Best of Hardest for example, or even the more technical challenge of Congressional.

A Higher-Stakes Cognoscenti challenge :: 300-500 cr :: for the real addicts: a full 18 on one of Merion, Cabo, Whistler, for instance, or Olympic or Oakmont if they're not in play in one of the other iterations.

-------------------------

And, just to restate this: there is a high-stakes Merion RG that WGT set up last month incorrectly: ID #64061 is not uneven lies. So, if any players out there want a high-stakes RG in flat-lies, they should play that. Right now, it just needs 10 more participants.

ID#64938 1000cr UEL RG at Merion is the proper uneven lies one.

RSS