Forums

Help › Forums

On The 6th 12th Day of Christmas

Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:07 AM (149 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 7:02 AM

i'm sure it's all 'new' to the fella - despite the # of posts the guy has, he was still suffering moderation - that seems to be solved.  At any rate - it's good to see him trying his best to get into the swing of things - I've seen some pretty bad stuff (eh hem alex lol) - this isn't much more than learning the ropes I think.

side note - the givers are to be applauded and I admire them all. Also, I am thankful to their friends and club mates - for even if they cannot give, by not specifically receiving from their friends/clubbers they too, in a way, are part of the giving by going without so others don't have to :)

I missed the first 5 1/2 days being away - and Lord do I miss it - can't imagine missing months and trying to catch up with all the happenings.......

gift on, be well, and love thy neighbor :)

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 7:07 AM

I dont need clubs , but would like a new avatar . Palm Springs Pastel Male 2 if possible. You can give the club , to a player who needs it. :-)

• JustBoo
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 7:11 AM

Hi Joe, as you know Im very new to all this WGT goings on, but have had the good luck to play with you and as add you as a friend.  What you and the others do is wonderful, it brings back the real meaning of christmas, instead of all the commerical side. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

As for the prizzies from Santa, Im not really needing anything, balls are always nice, but I would ask for my Tom, hes equipment is in great need of a make-over, and his joy would be my prezzie.

Love and christmas cheer to all

• CHarsch
    207 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 7:34 AM

I'm good on clubs for the time being.  A new outfit in Sunday Red would be to my liking.

• anewlife6189
    59 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:46 AM

Have been working really hard this year on my game and have spent the whole time carrying around my clubs with same old dirty clothes and with no bag!!!  I can't get players to play with me because of the smell.   I have been a good boy this year and would love to golf in style!!! I haven't been a member a year but hopefully you will see past my flaws!!!  Thanks for the consideration.

Oh the song is by Van Morrison, my wife's favorite singer who I get confused with Jim Morrison, and the song is These are the days.

Brian

• Mohawk1
    366 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 8:51 AM

No bites on my 3 wedges yet so Santa Mohawk will have to dig a little bit deeper into the bag  than , all good  :)

Share a story of your Christmas youth and Santa Mo will gift you the Max Meter Driver along with the Max Meter 3 Wood Level 46 for the mid level players .  Some fantastic gifts being passed out by the Individuals CC , cheers to all  . Take the time to read the whole thread  too, you gotta just dig deep sometimes .

• KFaubert
    27 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:01 AM

Thank you for your generosity in stepping up Andy.  I've done the same thing for day 11, since i dont belong to a CC yet, and was lucky to be selected as a santa.  they were surprised as i'm a bit new to the game still, it's mostly senior players that volunteer....but all that aside i'm saving my pennies to give out a good gift that day, while i myself would love to buy TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter (L35+) to replace my current putter i figured just because i'm a santa doesnt mean i can't receive as well :)  so keep me in mind for you gift. 

• Mohawk1
    366 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:29 AM

Dear Santa ,
    I don't know if you can do this, but for Christmas, I'd like for my mommy and daddy to get back together. Please see what you can do. Love, Teddy

Dear Teddy,
    Look, your dad's been banging the babysitter like a screen door in an Atlantic hurricane. Do you think he's gonna give that up to come back to your frigid mom, who rides his ass constantly? It's time to give up that dream. Let me send you some Lego blocks instead. Santa 

• borntobesting
    9,684 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:44 AM

Hi I'm Santa Sting and my gift will be what once were the best irons on WGT. The  level 69 + Ping I15's.  As I have choir tonight I probably won't be able to send my gift to early tomorrow morning so be patient. 

• JustBoo
    7 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 9:50 AM

Well Santa you asked for a youth story so here goes, My first real Christmas was when I was 5, before then, like many others I was in a orphanage, but I remember this christmas, because it was the first time I had spent it in a real home. Dad had got me a real christmas tree, and mum and I decorated it, we put on the lights and lastly a star, and I thought it was the most beautiful tree I had ever seen, Christmas eve mum made some cookies and dad helped me write a note to Santa, we left a plate of cookies and milk with the note wishing Santa a merry christmas. Dad put a christmas sack up in my bedroom, and off to bed I went, like all children I tried so hard to stay awake to catch a glimpse of Santa, but went to sleep. In the morning I couldnt believe how many presents I had received. Later that day, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends dropped in to say hello, it was the very best of christmas ever, and one I will always remember.  JustBoo x

RSS