Forums

Help › Forums

WGT = WTF

Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:30 PM (107 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:51 AM

Most of the negative comments are coming from people who have trouble playing the game.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 7:55 AM

Give it a chance guys.  Yes we have to relearn a lot of shots but that's half the fun.  Personally I've jumped from 58 avg to over 62 but loving the new shots and green speeds.  I'll take championship speed over the very slow greens of the last BPB 18 Ready Go any day.

I'm not overwhelmed with joy with the new roll out but it will take a while to get the bugs out.  They certainly should have done a better job reviewing some of the stuff though.  Half of the weekly tourneys are a totally different set up once you get in the game than stated in the description when you sign up.  Cost me a couple strokes in 3 tourneys. Then several of the tournies Legends can't enter anymore but I feel sure that's another oversight on their part.

My guess in a week or two then the dust settles all will be back to normal.

Side note, Kiawah from the way back tees is a monster!  If you're not dinging your driver you stand no chance of hitting the fairway on most holes and even get weird bounces on some dings that find the rough too.  That said, I LOVE IT!

• murducas
    65 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:01 AM

[]

• JAYPTN
    13 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:22 AM

Look dude, we all don't play as much as you do (we have a life beyond WGT).  I'm guessing you are probably one of the instigators behind all these "changes" you embrace and the majority of us reject.  If it stays like this, things will not get back to "normal", because there will be far fewer players on this site.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:28 AM

When I level up, can I get a sweet new sword, some additional hitpoints, and maybe a cool looking cloak?

Thanks for adding RPG/MMO features to a GOLF SIMULATION.

Hopefully in the next release of Flight Simulator, we'll have levels where you have to take off, land, and fly a certain amount of hours before you can unlock the auto-pilot and rudder control of the airplane.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:38 AM

Richard4168:

Most of the negative comments are coming from people who have trouble playing the game, or are now unable to cheat the game.

Richard, I hope you didn't mean to insult those masters who were in the 61 to 66 range who can play the game but were hoping to be in a separate tier from the elite players.

You don't see the best players complaining.   The elite players got to be lovin' this.

Before the change their biggest fear was facing a pro playing pro tees with master equipment while they played from the way back championship tees.  Neither happened. Pros won't have master clubs for a long time, and likely won't be pros when they do qualify.  And the elite players still play from their same blue tees.

Not only that, but the Legend tier is so big there is about the same pool size of RG credits the elite players can gobble up. (not my concern tho, I can't play in RGs or MPCs)

My hope was for a leveler playing field in the weekly/monthly tournaments, playing against players closer to my skill level.  That didn't happen.

So I'm disappointed in the new system Richard.

There is still the opportunity for WGT to correct the unbalanced Legend tier by adding a "Champions" tier for the best of the best.

It needs to be done.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:58 AM

ehh, I'm not going to over analyze the update... I like it. Just my opinion.

• druid2112
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:13 AM

I think it blows.  There is elegance in simplicity and that has been lost.

• Partsman41953
    341 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:44 AM

I also think this stinks and is not fair. I was just getting close to become a master and was saving my credits to buy new clubs when I became a master but in all honesty do you really think it is fair for someone who is a master and who has master clubs to play with a person who has just moved to the master tier and is using pro clubs? I did not think so. To me this new tier format would be fine if we could purchase new clubs. That to me is where most if not all of this problem is at the moment. Being able to compete on the longer yardages with clubs that will not do the job is like playing Bethpage with starter clubs, no fun. 

You can still keep the different tiers and not advance the player in levels if they quit during a round but at least give the people who were put in different tiers the option of purchasing clubs so we can compete. Otherwise I feel we are fighting a losing battle. 

How would you like to play a real golf course like Pebble Beach and use clubs that would not let you produce the type of shots you knew you were capable of hitting. You would be pretty upset, right? I think that is how most of us feel now as no matter how much we play we are not going to get any better and we are all a long way off from reaching the next level. Unlock the clubs and let us get back to playing the way we are accustomed to playing. 

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:49 AM

Thanks for your feedback and we appreciate your patience.  We are gathering data and evaluating modifications to the determination of tiers and levels. Please bear with us and your play and comments will help us tune the systems to be more fun.

RSS