Forums

Help › Forums

On the 8th 12th Day of Christmas

Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:39 AM (96 replies)
  • TeeTimeSmitty
    1,972 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 12:05 PM

Thank you to those offering to help us gift.

• crisis1290
    32 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 12:56 PM

Great idea. I ish these wee around a few months ago when I stated.

would love to be considered for one. ty

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 1:03 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind posts and to frapp and pdx for your generous offers :)

Just had a quick run through and after some moderation I think there's about 7 or 8 players who have asked for a gift . . . will check again in a bit and start to check the winners list to pick the recipients for Day 8 :)

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 2:08 PM

crisis1290:
    would love to be considered for one.

Move along Crisis, you received enough gifts in July to last you for a few holidays, remember? You took home gifts on Day 4, 6 & 7 and on top of that someone else sent you some golf balls as well.

When you step up to the plate and offer to be on the giving end of one of these events and not just on the receiving end, which is just what you have continued to do during this event as well, then maybe, just maybe I'll welcome you into the fold.

• droflac
    9 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 2:10 PM

Great gift idea Lobsterboy. 

I'm not the most active person on WGT, but if there are not any more deserving members I would love to have a note book for xmas.

Happy holidays to all!

• clktex
    323 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 2:13 PM

Nice idea folks.  Happy holidays to all.

• opyeuclid
    6,708 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 2:16 PM

LobsterBoy . I have a list of all the winers , If you want to run names past me to see if they got gifts on other days Friend me , You can also ask MrCaddie , He now has that list and will tell you that I am on his side .

OPY

PS  ,, Please post the names of the players that got a gift in your thread so we can keep track ,

Thank you 

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:05 PM

Very nice gift idea from LL, well done to all of you, I don't expect to be on the receiving end, but just a block of nice orange coloured 'post-its' will do for me.

A little story that I just don't understand, it happened very recently to me. I was full of beer one afternoon playing a random Alt Shot game with 3 other guys I had never met before, one of them was using starters, and whilst playing and having a nice chat with everyone I promised to gift him some Ping wedges. As it happens I manged to gift them during play and before the game finished.

He thanked me and when I checked a week or so later, they weren't even in his bag. I posted on his wall querying why not, and he just deleted my post without a word to me.

What did I do wrong.

OeJ - refreshingly imperfect

• GregSteed
    148 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:15 PM

I posted this in the 7th day thread but due to me being my first post it went up 12 hours later once it went through moderation...figured I would repost here.  Honestly, I have no idea if I'm offering any sort of useful help.  We'll see!  You guys have me in the giving spirit, figured I would try.

As anyone can see I don't spend much time in the forums.  I've been playing here for a few months, on a daily basis now (although not a large number of rounds logged).  At this point I don't recall what link led me to bee-bop around the forums for a bit.  I do know that I  came across the other 12th day of Christmas threads and I wanted to express how impressed I am at the generosity, goodwill, and thoughtfulness behind this idea.  

I'm not a terribly social person but seeing different CCs being involved here has me leaning towards looking into a membership.  The genius (or geniuses) who thought up this giveaway and all of the generous folks participating deserve a big round of applause.

I should note that I'm not seeking to collect one of the wedges.  While I've never purchased credits (not in the budget, sadly) I have spent quite a bit of time with the free offers to earn credits.  I've been able to upgrade my equipment (here's hoping they have all been the smartest purchases!) and pick up a sleeve of balls when needed (now if I could only buy talent...).  Hell, I'm inspired to perform my own little giveaway!  

Since I've succeeded in making this all about me, I'll close with some advice to the folks who are still toting their starter clubs around the course:

If you haven't started earning free credits by completing offers, get to it.  If you've tried a few but found out you didn't qualify or looked briefly and saw several that require purchase, don't be discouraged.  There is a ton there.

I've noticed a number of posts where people say they are earning credits little by little from watching videos.  If you've been limiting yourself to videos and hoping to qualify for a PeanutLabs survey, dig deeper!  If you have an iPhone/iPad you could pick up 500-1500 credits in under an hour.  TrialPay has several "free app download" offers that are worth 75 or 100 credits - you enter an email you check on your phone, TP mails you a link, you tap, download from the App Store, run the app, and voila.  Supersonic Ads will email you a link for your phone that loads a list of downloadable apps in Safari; some are 30-50 credits, some 100-150!  

I'm not a salesman (well, not here anyways), I won't make one red cent off this post.  Given that plenty of new(-ish) people are coming through here I figured I'd give what I can, which is advice on how to find the easy credits.  

In fact, if you'd like a little more advice on where to look for easy offers or offers worth a bundle of credits, send me a friend request or a message...can we send messages between players?  I have no idea.  You could post on my wall as well...maybe someone can advise me on the best way to communicate?  Just keep this in mind: if you're looking to upgrade your entire bag all at once, it will require at least a week or two where you spend as much time completing offers as you do playing.  Hey, I said they are generally easy - not all are quick!

Merry Christmas to all!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:15 PM

stemp1234:
    I would love to receive and use a notebook!

Hey Stemp-

Didn't Santa leave you 2 very nice Ping wedges under your tree already? Why don't we see if we can give others a chance to unwrap a gift this year.

Thank you.

RSS