Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Treats us like MORONS

Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:35 AM (36 replies)
  • pejon60
    250 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:32 AM

Or at least that is what they must think we are

In the last 2 games I have had 6 shots that have just defied belief!

Now I am a Legend with 2500 Ranked rounds and been playing WGT for 3 &1/2 years so I reckon I have some concept of how this game works.....I played real golf to a VERY low handicap....I have 3x 10 under par REAL rounds to my credit...so I reckon I have a pretty reasonable idea of how WIND, SPIN and ELEVATION effect a golf shot for distance control.....but quite frankly I am sick and bloody tired of being screwed over by WGT

Just to give 2 examples

How on Gods green Earth does a R11S 3w 2nd shot on the 7th at Bethpage..... into a LEFT to RIGHT(10:30 to 4:30 o'clock) 10 MPH wind aimed at the flag and hit with 1/2 back spin and hit ONE bloody millimeter early finish 8 YARDS LEFT and carry only 208yrds.....That is CRAP anyway you look at it!!!!!!!!!

Another shot .....176yrds into the 9th at Bethpage hit into a 12mph coming from right to left (1:00 to 7:00 o'clock ) using a 195 R11 iron backed off 2mm and DINGED with 3/4 back aimed about 1 yrd over the right edge of the green to the right pin position.....finish pin high BUT 11 Yards LEFT......??????

Dead set WGT....are you KIDDING US?? 

Do you think all the players you have as CUSTOMERS are complete golfing IDIOTS??

And please do NOT insult my intelligence and say .."Oh situations change during a shot"

This is computer game you money hungry MORONS.......I would accept it in real life...TO A DEGREE!!....

But the inconsistency we have to put up with is nothing short of disgraceful......and on water holes when you lose a ball that has been PAID for because of it? ....FRAUDULENT

I look forward to the WGT apologists...who are probably WGT EMPLOYEES..trying to explain away my comments.

I love playing this game ...but stop SCREWING with us as though we are brain dead morons....because we aren't

I look forward to a legitimate answer ..but I am sure I will receive some mealy mouthed *** from some FLUNKY!

Pejon60

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:39 AM

pejon60:
    I look forward to a legitimate answer ..but I am sure I will receive some mealy mouthed *** from some FLUNKY!

That's one way to ensure a reasonable discussion.

Angry man is angry.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:45 AM

Any of these on replays?

• pejon60
    250 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 6:05 AM

No mate quite frankly I wouldn't waste my valuable time, because I would be spending 5 mins per game trying to save replays..........replays that WGT will....by past experience just bloody IGNORE anyway

.....but my witnesses are 2  TOUR LEGENDs 

The last time I put a complaint to WGT was 2 years ago...I sent 4 emails over 3 weeks to them DIRECT with no response

I put a comment in the forums and low and behold I got a response in 2 HOURS!

That proved to me that the ONLY thing that the owners of WGT care about is what could stop or discourage the income stream

Don't get me wrong ...WGT is by far and away the VERY BEST computer golf game on earth.....but come on.....The variations from what the available parameters suggest and what sometimes happens is MILES outside of acceptable and accurate.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 6:34 AM

pejon60:
    How on Gods green Earth does a R11S 3w 2nd shot on the 7th at Bethpage..... into a LEFT to RIGHT(10:30 to 4:30 o'clock) 10 MPH wind aimed at the flag and hit with 1/2 back spin and hit ONE bloody millimeter early finish 8 YARDS LEFT and carry only 208yrds

That approach has a tendency to fly left every friggin time and it always lands shorter than it should, but if it's straight can then roll for miles. When you hit early on a hole that tends to fly left anyway, this is what you get every time (been there before and it IS consistant). The exact opposite of this is #11(#16 as well) on the same course, where you NEVER want to hit the ball a hair late, cause you'll end up 10 yards right (same goes for Kia #15 and 16, while #13 flies way left if clicked early).

These are just some of the holes that simply play that way, but they do it EVERY time, so either memorize them or write it down, otherwise you'll be furious and scratching your head again the next time it happens. And it will happen, cause it always does. And with your 2500 rounds you should've known that by now. Not trying to offend you, just wanted to help.

Cheers,

Matt

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 6:43 AM

The fact is i'm pretty sure what happens to you, also happens to everyone else, just something you have to get used to on here, i had 3 of the famous 2 inch putts on an 18 hole BPB ready go earlier, which if they had dropped would have probably given me a top 10 finish but i also had a few putts which i thought should have missed, so perhaps things have a tendency to even themselves up, i have given up worrying about it

• Santantonio
    59 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 7:01 AM
    Normally I'm not complaining, I know that the game also involve VEM.
    However, today I stopped playing after the first game.

A ball played with the wind against (18) elevation 0, 239 yds with a 3 wood (240), the ball went over 10 yds
    7 yd chip, rising slope, played a 64 wedge (x 7 yd no TS) the ball went over 3 yds.  

Now say what you want but today I feel a bit fooled.

My 2 cents

Walter
  • ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 8:57 AM

pejon60:
    R11S 3w 2nd shot on the 7th at Bethpage..... into a LEFT to RIGHT(10:30 to 4:30 o'clock) 10 MPH wind aimed at the flag and hit with 1/2 back spin and hit ONE bloody millimeter early finish 8 YARDS LEFT and carry only 208yrds.
    Accidently punched it maybe?

Not so long ago I had a 147 yrd approach shot to the green at Merions 16th, made all my calculations, took the shot and went way over the back of the green into the deep rough. Upon rechecking my calculations I realised I had mistakenly computed it as 174 yrds not 147 yrds. Perhaps that's just me but we're only human and we make mistakes. I'm not saying that the game has no errors but we are not infallible.

RSS