Forums

Help › Forums

What is one supposed to do when accused of cheating?

Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:44 PM (55 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 9:37 AM

As others have said here, I'd wear it like a badge.  I've been accused of cheating before and I love it.  Recently I went 3 up after 3 against this punk on Olympic because I hit 26, 22, and 54 foot putts for three birdies (if Bertha had any forgiveness at all, I wouldn't have had to putt 50+, but ah well).

Most accusations of cheating derive from jealousy and butthurt, from people who can never do what you do - and it eats them up to know it.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 11:46 AM

GolfingJMan:

@fatdan                                                                                           

Yes, I know dan, it can be hard to believe, but I have evidence.

just ask and I can show you.

OK, PM me the proof...

FWIW, that's all I read from the Novel you posted, posts like that are kinda like that dreaded phone call everyone gets, the one from the person who is going to go on forever  about things you already know, so you put it on speaker phone, lay it on the table and say "UH HUH" once in a while...funny thing about those calls, did you ever notice they don't realize your not saying anything, it's because it isn't important, they're only interested in what they say and nothing else!

skimming through it I did notice it was still all about Corwyn and the responders, you didn't address the fact that you, 1st and foremost being wrongfully accused of being a "cheater" yourself,  still have "Amateur" status after 1 yr. and 200 matches...

I can't picture a man like yourself not taking on the challenge of tiering up, or being satisfied playing on the easy tees.....lots of folks look at it as someone to avoid at all costs, dishonest, sandbagger, even cheater, it diminishes their credibility....

Is there a reason? (in 100 words or less, otherwise never mind)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 12:44 PM

fatdan:
    FWIW, that's all I read from the Novel you posted
    Read? This time, I had to use the search function to spot my name!

(Blame it to my language status!)

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 1:34 PM

Had that ole mantra 

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Are we there yet?"

Continually running through my head as I read.

• boogiewoogie
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2016 8:15 PM

I believe there is cheating in competition.  But how do we prove it?  No one is such a great putter as to almost never miss a put inside 15-20 feet.  Especially these so-called "amateurs."  I have noticed that these players share similar characteristics:  they are all between level 20-30, they usually do not hit the ball until their time clock is close to or under 10 seconds, and they never miss a putt inside 12 feet.  And I would like to know how they maintain their "Amateur" status?!!  I do not like to play against amateurs, and I am thinking about forfeiting any such match.  I have a 71.12 average, but I almost never win against an "amateur."  Takes the fun out of WGT.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2016 2:44 PM

This thread has been snoozing for 2 years, you must be Prince Charming :))

RSS