Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 6:56 AM

about half past nine to ten o'clock darkness.

I played in Myrtle Beach in early November and we had lights on the buggies  to hole out at 5:30 PM.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 6:57 AM

Stobsbee:

I'm about 12 miles, as the crow flies, from St.Andy's and it would still be light enough to play, depending on cloud cover, upto 9:30 p.m.

According to BBC Weather sunset today for St. Andy's is at 9:47 p.m.

9.30 indeed, but I am positive they will no play right until the dark takes over. 

My raw guess is 21.00 but again, only over there can decide.

Eric

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 7:25 AM

Should be able to play up to about 10pm, rare that it gets too dark before that.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 7:38 AM

bbc coverage has been extended to 9:30pm from the scheduled 8pm

• Dubfore
    4,350 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 9:28 AM

Up to date and immediate changing scoreboard.  

[View:http://www.theopen.com/leaderboard#!/traditional:550:0]

The latest starters won't finish tonight, early out tomorrow.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 10:09 AM

All UK with Willet & Warren : )))

Hope they can keep it up if not the top American guns will do it at the end of the day.

My player pick, Rose is not doing bad, I sill have good hopes for the next 2 days       : )))

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 2:11 PM

Provisional leaderboard day 2

Unfinished second round to be continued tomorrow at 10.00 am local time.

Some remarkable today:

• D. Johnson at - 11 & still on the lead with one only shot difference from second
    • Tom Watson say goodbye to the Championship for the last time
    • Tiger Woods very likely to miss the cut
    • Even is the predicted cut
    • Matsuyama is - 6 today at hole 14
    • Spieth is loosing ground and now he is - 5
    • Adam Scott with today's -5 is now at -7 and with good chances to fight for the championship
  • WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 3:24 PM

There are a couple of flags in the top ten that WGT could do with adding to this game ;) 

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 10:06 PM

LOLserver:
    Unfinished second round to be continued tomorrow at 10.00 am local time.
    Play resumes at 07:00 BST. As does T.V. coverage in the U.K.

Play was delayed for more than three hours because of heavy rain, meaning Johnson and 41 others will resume their second rounds at 07:00 BST on Saturday.

As many as 42 players will conclude their second rounds on Saturday morning before a scheduled third round tee-off time of 11:00 BST, and the challenge throughout the day looks set to be strong winds.

The strength of the gusts could well offer the R&A a dilemma as to whether a suspension is needed but the forecast does not highlight any spell where the elements may be calmer.

Forecast for Saturday is for winds of 40+ mph throughout the day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/33562710

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2015 11:06 PM

7:00 a.m. local time ... they just blew the starting horn. 14 groups on the course waiting to finish their second round. 

They're bundled up like eskimos ... sustained winds of 25 mph ... gusts over 30 ... flags are standing out straight. 

Flagsticks are moving around ... at the moment they're having issues on #11 green , the most exposed portion of the course. 

Edit: Dustin Johnson hit a pitch shot on #14 that stopped right on top of the ridge in the front of the green .... as he was bending down to mark it, the ball rolled back down the hill to almost where he started ...  

It's gonna be horrible today ...

Update: DJ makes bogey ... Spieth pars ... and they're considering halting play on #11 green as one player can't keep his ball from moving on the green every time he goes to put it in play.

And at 7:32 a.m. there was so much ball movement on the greens that they've suspended play .... play suspended indefinitely ...

RSS